This week

redblueuptoyou
Re: This week

Post by redblueuptoyou »

I wonder if we might get a loan keeper from a Premier League or Championship side for the season? A few have gone on to have decent careers after a stint down in our league.
South Coast Shot

Post by South Coast Shot »

HarryTom wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:53 pm I would have Callum back in a second !

Yes! ✔️👍
I'm here all week. Or at least until I'm banned.
HarryTom

Post by HarryTom »

Wow.......think that has given everybody a much needed boost ! Well done to all involved, fingers crossed for a home game first game of the season !!
Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 »

This has been worth waiting for, well done to the management team for what they have been doing quietly in the background!
South Coast Shot

Post by South Coast Shot »

Shots2000 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:11 pm Wow! Great work mark. Effiong and Amartey will cause all sorts of problems.
Agreed, great work.

Is Amartey coming from Leicester? 🤪
I'm here all week. Or at least until I'm banned.
aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg »

I tweeted last week that Laurie Walker would look good in the new goal keeper kits, today during the influx of signings both he and his brother liked the tweet. just saying.
Last edited by aldershot-jg on Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graham Stovold

Post by Graham Stovold »

It’s been a very good day with the signings so far, but surely I’m not the only one who thinks getting Joey Partington back is a big scoop…We’ll done Mark & Terry 👏👏
chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 »

aldershot-jg wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:57 pm I tweeted last week that Laurie Walker would look old in the new goal keeper kits, today during the influx of signings both he and his brother liked the tweet. just saying.
From the fans FB group, looks like Laurie won't be signing, said he's going PT and wants something close to home (lives near Bedford I think).
'Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. ' Brian Clough
Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club »

One grumpy old fella comment..

Six two year deals today is a risk
Hopefully they are the two year option type of deal with a break clause after one year
aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg »

chimpster99 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:09 pm
aldershot-jg wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:57 pm I tweeted last week that Laurie Walker would look old in the new goal keeper kits, today during the influx of signings both he and his brother liked the tweet. just saying.
From the fans FB group, looks like Laurie won't be signing, said he's going PT and wants something close to home (lives near Bedford I think).
Just seen it and does look like his Twitter profile. Shame that he lives too far away, I know he’s always appreciated how highly thought of he is here.
aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg »

It has been a good evening, we definitely aren’t as short with attacking options as last season. Just need to bolster the midfield, hopefully Sylla and one or two others and another keeper and we’ll be ready.
Timgraveney

Post by Timgraveney »

aldershot-jg wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:46 pm
chimpster99 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:09 pm
Just seen it and does look like his Twitter profile. Shame that he lives too far away, I know he’s always appreciated how highly thought of he is here.
So ... Laurie, if you’re reading Shotsweb, ... think one more time because there’s not one Shots fan who wouldn’t be delighted to have you back and at the heart of the comeback. (That’s gotta count for something, right...?)
Melbourne Red

Post by Melbourne Red »

Seems like a pretty good set of signings. In particular we’ve signed an attacking trio (Amartey, McQuoid & Effiong) who scored about 50 goals last season, with around 20 of those in the conference - certainly an improvement on previous summers.

Just need a few midfielders and a goalie now…
Ian M

Post by Ian M »

What??? Surely we should be going onto the final pre season friendly with 4 signed on and 10 trialists playing?

This just won't do!
Logic has no place in being a Shots supporter!

We are back. Bloomin' back! Who'd have thought it!
Triggers Broom

Post by Triggers Broom »

I wouldn't be surprised if KLF ends up playing for a team in the League of Ireland. Maybe Panayiotou too!
I can't see them getting much of a look in with us next season!