Career finished by a tackle from a Dog

Anon E Mouse
Career finished by a tackle from a Dog

Post by Anon E Mouse »

I'm sure this will be common knowledge to older fans, but while watching a Big Match highlights programme this morning, they had a piece on Chic Brodie who was Shots goalie between 58-61 who while later playing for Brentford was tackled by a stray dog in a game at Colchester. He damaged his ligaments in the tackle and although played 5 more times, had to retire due to the injury. :o
TIM and TIT :D
Bob
Re: Career finished by a tackle from a Dog

Post by Bob »

That would drive me barking mad losing my career due to a dog injuring me!
Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim »

https://youtu.be/-shzktqYDEQ

Probably one of the most bizarre sporting accidents ever.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Played nearly 100 games for Margate afterwards, then played for Wealdstone and Maidstone United, was already into his thirties when the dog incident occurred.
Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty »

Bob wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:48 am That would drive me barking mad losing my career due to a dog injuring me!
Yes that would be Ruff
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
80fc

Post by 80fc »

This is almost exactly what happened to Mrs 80fc. She wasn't playing in goal or anything like that but our lovely but nutcase dog ran straight into her. She damaged her kneecap and ligaments and eventually had to have an operation
Everybody has a plan until you smack them in the mouth
fredandballou

Post by fredandballou »

One record Chic would not have wanted was when he was in goal for Margate in the first round of the Cup 20th Nov 1971 V Fourth Division Bournemouth who won 11 - 0. Bournemouth striker Ted McDougall became famous for scoring nine of the eleven goals. One odd occurrence was that after five minutes with the rain hammering down the ref stopped the game and told Chic to change his shorts (for whatever reason).
Giles

Post by Giles »

Probably knew what was coming and shat himself :lol:
and you may ask yourself, well....how did I get here?