Laurie Walker

Post by Anon E Mouse »

Signs for Barnet. So much for the part time story :(
Shame that. Quality Keeper.
TIM and TIT :D
Richard Petty
Re: Laurie Walker

Post by Richard Petty »

Anon E Mouse wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:16 pm Signs for Barnet. So much for the part time story :(
I don't think anyone ever suggested he wanted to go part time.

What I think you may be referring to was the post on Thursday of last week by RC - Moderator in which he quoted an unverified Facebook message from Laurie Walker saying that we would be too far for him to travel on a permanent basis.

This is what RC said:
There was an unverified message on Facebook to a fan. Allegedly from Laurie. Seemed to imply a move here has been discussed but distance from home (and his other business?) was too far for a permanent move to work.

Unfortunately going to Barnet does fit with that Facebook message that Lawrie possibly posted
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb »

No mention today of Sylla in Marks latest catch up he did however say Partington will play
as a holding midfielder i hope this doesnt mean Mo wont be here next season.
Also no mention of Ndjoli however we are well covered up front allready.
Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse »

Richard Petty wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:52 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:16 pm Signs for Barnet. So much for the part time story :(

What I think you may be referring to was the post on Thursday of last week by RC - Moderator in which he quoted an unverified Facebook message from Laurie Walker saying that we would be too far for him to travel on a permanent basis.

This is what RC said:
There was an unverified message on Facebook to a fan. Allegedly from Laurie. Seemed to imply a move here has been discussed but distance from home (and his other business?) was too far for a permanent move to work.

Unfortunately going to Barnet does fit with that Facebook message that Lawrie possibly posted
Well I read his other business as meaning he'd need to go part time.
Anyway turns out not to be true and we have missed a pretty decent keeper in Laurie.
TIM and TIT :D
Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty »

Anon E Mouse wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:25 pm

This is what RC said:

Anyway turns out not to be true and we have missed a pretty decent keeper in Laurie.
Understandable assumption Anon but many fulltime players have their own business's which they can run alongside their football commitments (looking out for their long term future). I think the misapprehension that a lot of people are under with full time players is that it like an office job 9 to 5, actually they are very rarely required all day by their respective clubs. And that's the case from our level right up to Premiership
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots »

Richard Petty wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:51 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:25 pm

This is what RC said:

Understandable assumption Anon but many fulltime players have their own business's which they can run alongside their football commitments (looking out for their long term future). I think the misapprehension that a lot of people are under with full time players is that it like an office job 9 to 5, actually they are very rarely required all day by their respective clubs. And that's the case from our level right up to Premiership
A much more realistic take on it Richard.
It would take him ages to get from Bedford to Aldershot, Barnet is much easier for him and it makes it easier for him to balance his other commitments.
A perfectly understandable decision.
Disappointibg for us but nothing to get the hump about.
🙄
Weybourne Shot

Post by Weybourne Shot »

No mention of Ndjoli either in MM's latest interview. Hope talks with him are ongoing although with the signings we have made it looks like he might be on his way somewhere.
and Richard Walden puts the Shots 1-0 up against Man Utd
steveshot

Post by steveshot »

redandbluescb wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:12 pm No mention today of Sylla in Marks latest catch up he did however say Partington will play
as a holding midfielder i hope this doesnt mean Mo wont be here next season.
Also no mention of Ndjoli however we are well covered up front allready.
I saw on Twitter a few days ago that Sylla’s going to Barnet
I am NOT stevieshot
Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club »

I think Angelina might have missed the signing boat, three new strikers in , can we afford him now?
steveshot

Post by steveshot »

Who’s Angelina?
I am NOT stevieshot
Statto

Post by Statto »

Laurie Walker has asked me to post the following on his behalf:

"Mark (Molesley) and I spoke for ages about me joining, but just couldn't make it work because of my business and travelling."

He added, "Barnet is 40 minutes from my house in MK, but Aldershot was taking me 2 and a half hours every time due to the M25. When I was on loan, I only trained with you twice a week, that's how it worked out."
chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 »

Statto wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:56 pm Laurie Walker has asked me to post the following on his behalf:

"Mark (Molesley) and I spoke for ages about me joining, but just couldn't make it work because of my business and travelling."

He added, "Barnet is 40 minutes from my house in MK, but Aldershot was taking me 2 and a half hours every time due to the M25. When I was on loan, I only trained with you twice a week, that's how it worked out."
Yet again Laurie steps in to clarify, and also shows what a gentleman he is. I drove to MK and back at the weekend and it was 'orrible in both directions so fair enough.

He's too good for Barnet though!
'Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. ' Brian Clough
Triggers Broom

Post by Triggers Broom »

chimpster99 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:03 pm
Statto wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:56 pm Laurie Walker has asked me to post the following on his behalf:

Yet again Laurie steps in to clarify, and also shows what a gentleman he is. I drove to MK and back at the weekend and it was 'orrible in both directions so fair enough.

He's too good for Barnet though!
Indeed, and he might just be the difference for them staying up next season!
Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty »

steveshot wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:24 pm Who’s Angelina?
Angelina Jolie.....

Its a play on Ndjoli 😁
steveshot

Post by steveshot »

Cheers Richard 😀
I am NOT stevieshot