Player of the Season

Alex

Player of the Season

Postby Alex » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Is it about the right time to be thinking of this or still too early :?:

For me it's the Jake show... Has to be Cole or Gallagher surely :?:

Cole has made some excellent saves and kept us in so many matches when still 0-0. Catching, distribution and kicking has been good too.

Gallagher has been a consistent driving force, scored a few goals and played poorly on literally just a couple of occasions!

Evans started the season in great form but went through a sticky patch and hasn't quite reached the early heights again since.

Reynolds has been quite solid but was shaky in November. He's been at fault for a few goals and I do often worry when he's in possession.

Not convinced anyone else comes into the reckoning. Full backs and all attacking players have not performed amazingly throughout the season, just in spells. As good as he's been I don't think you can give it to Benyu as he's only been with us for part of the season. Some might argue though his impact says different regardless of how many matches he's taken part in which is fair enough.

At this moment, unless we see some seriously dodgy howlers during the run-in I think I'd probably give it to Jake Cole because without his stops at 0-0 or even 0-1 we could be in mid table right now after a handful more defeats...
Weybourne Shot

Re: Player of the Season

Postby Weybourne Shot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:51 pm

Harsh on Calum Reynolds I think he has been an excellent signing who's performed well throughout.. Just look at our defensive record but of course Jake Cole has also played a big part in that as you say. And Jake Gallagher would be the first name on my team sheet every week. The other candidate for POTY for me is Mensah love watching him play but perhaps has not been quite as consistent as some of the others mentioned although he's had to fulfil a number of different roles for the team.
steveclivebaker

Postby steveclivebaker » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:01 pm

Jake Cole for me. So far.
80fc

Postby 80fc » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:29 pm

As far as I'm concerned you might as well give it to Jake now game over
stevieshot

Postby stevieshot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Still nearly 20% of games left, and time for a player to have a great run of games.
But at the moment Jake Cole is edging it, Gallagher & Benyu close.
Even Strakes had a few MOM performances.
The players still have it all to play for.
Pip@B

Postby Pip@B » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Discussing POTS on Sat,it was Jake Cole for me and a few others.
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:37 am

Me too, although a real mix in my group, including Gallegher, Rendell and Arnold.
Dr Jim Royle

Postby Dr Jim Royle » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:48 am

This season will be very close call with so many players having "purple patches". With so many clean sheets but few goals this season defenders/keeper must be in the hunt ............ HOWEVER, me "lucky voting socks (M&S sweat free model) are currently pointing me towards Jake Gallagher.

But the fat Lady aint sung yet !!
billyboy

Postby billyboy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:27 am

Cole is just edging it over Alexander for me.
parkshot

Postby parkshot » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Gallagher all season long followed very close but Cole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
steveshot

Postby steveshot » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:29 pm

Same here.
Sent from my iPhone in McDonald's with a Big Mac meal, apple pie and large latte
Alex

Postby Alex » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:52 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:Me too, although a real mix in my group, including Gallegher, Rendell and Arnold.

Not having a go!

But can I just ask, why Arnold :?: :shock:
steveshot

Postby steveshot » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:10 pm

:lol: Hang on, just getting my popcorn
aldershot-jg

Postby aldershot-jg » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:33 am

Jake Cole is pretty much the main reason why we have kept as many clean sheets as we have. In quite a few of those only great saves and poor finishing have spared any defensive lapses or getting caught out playing a high line.

But I love watching the passion and effort of Jake Gallagher even if he has had a bit of an off game he still puts in maximum effort and would play another full 90 minute match straight after a game has finished if he had to.

I do think that Jake Cole is the best keeper in this league, but right now I would vote for Gallagher and I probably won't change my mind between now and the end of season
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:49 am

Alex wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:Me too, although a real mix in my group, including Gallegher, Rendell and Arnold.

Not having a go!

But can I just ask, why Arnold :?: :shock:

It wasn't my personal choice , I choose Cole. But I'm a big Arnold fan, and controversially maybe think he is our best full back. I like the way he plays, his effort, his defending and his forward play. If his set pieces were a bit better I may have made him my player of the year.

Return to “ShotsTalk”