Referees

Josh

Referees

Postby Josh » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:03 pm

Tim Sherwood got a 2 match stadium ban for this.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... -foul-rant

One day, people in football will realise that no one deserves to be abused in the workplace.

Personally, I would have made it 10 games.
Andyenn

Re: Referees

Postby Andyenn » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Unrelated, but I noticed that Constantine Haziwhatshisname was running the line at the West Bram v Arsenal game at the weekend. He got his 30 seconds on match of the day with a controversial (but correct) decision allowing a goal rather than offside.
Ancient Shot

Postby Ancient Shot » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:45 pm

Tuesday evening’s match referee is Adrian Quelch, who has taken charge of 15 National League games this season, issuing 48 yellow and, as yet, no red cards. He has previously refereed Aldershot Town on two occasions this season – the 0-0 draw at Torquay in October and the 2-1 victory at Woking on New Year’s Day.
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:46 pm

I agree josh, he's a knob!
Alex

Postby Alex » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:09 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:Tuesday evening’s match referee is Adrian Quelch, who has taken charge of 15 National League games this season, issuing 48 yellow and, as yet, no red cards. He has previously refereed Aldershot Town on two occasions this season – the 0-0 draw at Torquay in October and the 2-1 victory at Woking on New Year’s Day.

Should be ok then...
shotshammo

Postby shotshammo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:55 am

Why do I think your being sarcastic Alex. :lol:
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:05 pm

cant comment one way or another on Ref's with the libel police around.
Just hope he has a jolly good game :lol:
Vernon_Clibian

Postby Vernon_Clibian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Tim Sherwood has always been a rather nasty individual.
It doesn't surprise me that he came out with that vitriol. He's the sort of person that would say 'do you know who I am' in some nightclub.
Everything that's wrong with football.
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:14 pm

Vernon_Clibian wrote:Tim Sherwood has always been a rather nasty individual.
It doesn't surprise me that he came out with that vitriol. He's the sort of person that would say 'do you know who I am' in some nightclub.
Everything that's wrong with football.

Good post mate, I think Stan collymore did that in a nightclub in the mid nineties!
steveclivebaker

Postby steveclivebaker » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:20 pm

I don't think any ref sets out to make mistakes in a game its just like any job some
people are good at it and some are not.
Kingfield Shot

Postby Kingfield Shot » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:33 pm

Looks like some have forgotten the performance of Mr Brown at the Rochdale FA Cup reply, absolutely abysmal. Spoke to friends who agree that he is not very good. However one has to also agree that Sherwood is a nasty piece of work. Mr Brown may not be very good but doesn't deserve abuse like that, but he should have reported him immediately not warned him, that just shows a lack of authority.
Aldershot_Rob

Postby Aldershot_Rob » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:39 pm

When will they start clamping down on the way players abuse ref's?
Funny how they can make an example of Sherwood now he is in the lower leagues but when he is in the Premier League, he and other managers & players act as they please.
Jimmy Riddle

Postby Jimmy Riddle » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:39 pm

Had a absolute mare which will soon be forgotten cos bar 20-25 minutes after half time we were superb.

He was so bad, even our normally calm
Management team were chewing the ear of the 4th official.

Bottled a sending off late first half of Dagenham left back, gave many poor decisions, etc etc.

I would be interested in what his 'defence ' has to say!
Marcus ex W.Midlands Shot

Postby Marcus ex W.Midlands Shot » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:42 am

The ref on Tuesday started well, correctly disallowing Rendell's 'goal' and booking Evans and a Daggers player for rough challenges. He tried to set the line as a referee who wasn't going to stand for any nonsense by frequently blowing for free kicks. While everyone around me was getting frustrated, I was quietly encouraged because it seemed as though he wouldn't let the game slip out of his control. I remembered the ref in the Barrow game who let it become a battle by letting too much go.

Unfortunately, when Daggers came out with a plan to rough us up in the second half, he didn't follow through on his first half performance. He was more lenient, gave too many warnings instead of bookings, and having seen replays I am amazed that Rendell didn't win a penalty when clearly obstructed.

We ended up with Alexander subbed through injury and Benyu playing on one leg. As usual some on here are over-reacting (how many times a season do we see "the worst ref all season"?) but he wasn't good.

Kanu does go down too easily though.

Return to “ShotsTalk”