Match Day Thread vs DOVER

scorp

Re: Match Day Thread vs DOVER

Postby scorp » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:01 pm

86/87 Glory Year wrote:Amazed Dover were so negative. This was a free game for them but they were playing for a draw. They deserved nothing with those tactics. Poor from them. I'm delighted our young team got the three points and we didn't choke. Hopefully, we can win our last two games and it's up to Dover now to seize their opportunity. How did they miss that sitter?? Brett Williams is the man now.

Brett scored two today.

Can he keep us in the play offs...
Last edited by scorp on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason

Postby Jason » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:04 pm

I really want to see the highlights of the Kanu "dive" incident because I agree with Statto. When he is the right side of the final defender, only about 10 yards out and with a good angle for a shot at goal, why would he go down, unless there has been some form of contact causing this to happen?

If he has dived, very silly. If not, the referee has made yet another poor and costly decision. I sometimes feel that referees won't give a penalty unless they are 100% sure, but they will give a yellow card for diving even if they aren't 100% sure.
steveclivebaker

Postby steveclivebaker » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:04 pm

The old lady also known as fortress rec was in its full splendour today.
baldershot

Postby baldershot » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Congratulations to Gary for making the change at half time. First half, Benny was starting too far forward, and was not really affecting the game. Second half he was starting from central midfield, and was able to drive forward and control the game. Reynolds and Evans were superb, and Will also made a number of lung bursting charges forward with decent attempts at the end of them. Alexander showed why he is our number 1 right back.
Josh

Postby Josh » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:10 pm

[/quote]I'm not sure what the ref thought he saw for Idris' first yellow. He was through on goal, so why would he then fall over rather than take a shot?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the referee thought he's dived as that is why he booked him.

He's gone down to get a penalty

I gave him 8.6 for his theatrics, Only Danny Hylton has scored higher. He got 9.2.

Great effort today. What a season! We're on our way!
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:26 pm

Jason wrote:I really want to see the highlights of the Kanu "dive" incident because I agree with Statto. When he is the right side of the final defender, only about 10 yards out and with a good angle for a shot at goal, why would he go down, unless there has been some form of contact causing this to happen?

If he has dived, very silly. If not, the referee has made yet another poor and costly decision. I sometimes feel that referees won't give a penalty unless they are 100% sure, but they will give a yellow card for diving even if they aren't 100% sure.

Because unfortunately that is the way that they have been taught by Premiership players on TV 'ie Costa'. If I go down. I will get a penalty. In my day. It was called cheating.
Giles

Postby Giles » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:31 pm

A good bit of honesty from someone on their forum,

"Felt really sorry for the players today as you could see how frustrated they were in how they were set-up.

Putting one up top and then allowing aldershot get halfway into out own half unopposed before going to the ball was always going to end in tears.

Feeling very frustrated. Why set up like this when CK had been saying all weekend that we are going to give it ago. I feel strangely cheated."
Sutton Shot

Postby Sutton Shot » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:32 pm

I was right in line with the Kanu penalty incident & there was defineatly contact, but he did make the most of it - on balance I'd say penalty.

But I would, wouldn't I?
parkshot

Postby parkshot » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Great result but both Kanu and Benyu need to stop falling over. From where I was in the north stand definite dive and not the first time. Benyu had a couple of 'trips' in the second half too and got nothing, deservedly. Brilliant atmosphere and cool finish by McClure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Alex

Postby Alex » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Another dive from Kanu :!:
Trouts

Postby Trouts » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:55 pm

re the pen. the trouble is, if they don't fall over they get nothing, even if there is contact. which encourages players to dive/make the most of things doesn't it?
Tongham Shots

Postby Tongham Shots » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Alex wrote:Another dive from Kanu :!:

It definitely wasn't a dive at Tranmere and until I see video evidence, I am not at all sure it was a dive today.
pig

Postby pig » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:15 pm

Looked like a dive from where I was. This, "there was contact" absolutely does my nut in. Important win. Great atmosphere and on to North Ferriby.
Fair Oak Shot

Postby Fair Oak Shot » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:28 pm

The point for Kanu to learn is when through on goal with defender wrong side of you, Shoot for goal and attempt to score first and worry about whether a penalty gets awarded later. He will get more goals for the team and get booked less. Everyone happier all round. That said he is a great talent and both Kanu and Benyu are a joy to watch and give the team so much attacking flare and intent.
latimeralder

Postby latimeralder » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Idris took a dive when it would have been easier for him to score. Very bad decision making

Sad but true.

I hope he learns from this.

Return to “ShotsTalk”