What would the EBB cost ?

margateshot

Re: What would the EBB cost ?

Postby margateshot » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:43 pm

The Chairman has stated in the last year or so that they are looking at the options they have. I think that is why some of the new directors were bought in, to look at those options. What is required is a stadium that can be used 7 days a week with banqueting and conference facilities. Whether that is at the EBB or elsewhere remains to be seen. One thing, is that if we move, the council will not want to be burdened with the recreation ground.
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:Thought I read somewhere the Army stadium itself is managed by a third party, even the forces have to book through them to play there.

It is indeed managed by Aspire Defence who are a facilities management company employed by the MOD to manage and maintain MOD land and properties, Aspire however are purely a management company and have no ownership of any MOD land or facilities.
ShotOnTarget

Postby ShotOnTarget » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:15 pm

margateshot wrote:The Chairman has stated in the last year or so that they are looking at the options they have.

I would hope that they would be looking at the option of funding a facility via Community Shares. As I see it, there would be no issue if the Trust were to own the facility and lease it back to the Club and to any other parties that might make use of the infrastructure. It would of course mean that the community share holders and not the club own the asset but that is in some ways preferable to the Local Authority owning the asset and leasing it to the Club. Although years have been wasted on the delay to starting such an initiative, it is never too late one would hope.
Pip@B

Postby Pip@B » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Our best hope may be if we all buy euro millions tickets every week.

Return to “ShotsTalk”