Dover Manager

Alex

Dover Manager

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:13 pm

We are acting like we're already promoted.... Apparently :!:

No Chris, what you saw from our fans is proper support and what you heard/saw from our players is passion and pride :!:

I get the feeling he's probably just jealous.....
aldershot-jg

Re: Dover Manager

Postby aldershot-jg » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:22 pm

He said: “It’s very disappointing, especially with the chances we had at the end, but they are a very good side.

"They look like they’ve already done it now, running around, their manager out there with the fans. If you listen to them (celebrate) they’re already there, but they might not be...

“We are very disappointed but that’s the way it goes, we can’t get too down. The players are fed-up but it’s football - half the sides in the county will be disgruntled, it’s part and parcel of it, you have to dust yourselves down and get on with the next game.

“They are a good side, a good club and for us to be even this close is quite an achievement, but that doesn’t mean we’re not going to really go for it in the next three games. It’s still in our hands.”

With Ricky Miller the only recognised forward, Dover had adopted a conservative approach against a team who had lost once in 20 games and not at all at home since November and Kinnear admitted: “If you don’t change it you might get beat by a few here because they attack very well.

“We had the chances. They got a penalty, but apart from that we did enough. The penalty was a penalty, it was just disappointing that we got in that situation. (Essam) thought he was going to get it and mistimed it but that’s football.”

I agree yesterday was passion, we know we are not there yet but we also knew how much that result meant. It meant the buzz around the club keeps on buzzing and we know that we have added the pressure on Dover.
chimpster99

Postby chimpster99 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:27 pm

The thing is, Gary and the boys have the decency to come and thank us at the end of every game, and to celebrate every victory with us. Kinnear is a grumpy sod who doesn't understand passion and doesn't realise what makes this club tick. His tactics backfired yesterday and he needs to learn to take the criticism that will rightly come his way instead of worrying about our reaction to the win. Hope Turkey turn up at The Crabble next week with the same spirit they showed at the Rec.
Morrissey's Scorcher

Postby Morrissey's Scorcher » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:30 pm

A terrific season and day for Shots fans what does Roy Kinnear expect, us all to troop off home worried that Dover are going to win their last three games and so pip us to the PO place? If it happens so be it, but they looked a bit jaded and lacking the energy the Shots displayed yesterday. I'm sure Dover will have nearly four thousand for next weeks game with Torquay and they have our permission to celebrate if they win that one.
aldershot-jg

Postby aldershot-jg » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:37 pm

chimpster99 wrote:The thing is, Gary and the boys have the decency to come and thank us at the end of every game, and to celebrate every victory with us. Kinnear is a grumpy sod who doesn't understand passion and doesn't realise what makes this club tick. His tactics backfired yesterday and he needs to learn to take the criticism that will rightly come his way instead of worrying about our reaction to the win. Hope Turkey turn up at The Crabble next week with the same spirit they showed at the Rec.

Exactly, send him links to Kappa's videos, he will see that this has been the norm after every victory home and away.
Weybourne Shot

Postby Weybourne Shot » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Reading between the lines he was scared of attacking us in case we picked them off and scored a few ....and probably had his mind on the goal difference situation
ChrismasShot

Postby ChrismasShot » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:48 pm

Who fancies becoming an honorary Torquay supporter and traveling to Dover for a game of footy.... :lol:
Reg's corner

Postby Reg's corner » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:10 pm

all second half their manager looked petrified and clueless as to what to do.. it was clear he was given a real footballing lesson in the cathedral of football. No shame in that of course we should do. They are a few notches below us to be fair.
Headley Shot

Postby Headley Shot » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:54 pm

ChrismasShot wrote:Who fancies becoming an honorary Torquay supporter and traveling to Dover for a game of footy.... :lol:

We're away at Ferriby then but going to support Macclesfield on that Tuesday night following might not be a bad shout if we need them to do us a favour ? :lol:
tonygodfrey

Postby tonygodfrey » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:27 pm

He's trying to gee up his own players by making them want to get one back at us.

Of course he's right in a sense. Yesterday we won the battle but there are 5 games left in the campaign to secure 5th place. Very important that we have the right attitude in the two that we play in. Neither will be easy and if we take anything for granted (albeit subconsciously) we will surely struggle to get those 6 points.
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:03 pm

I am now going to publicly admit to being a dick head. At the beginning of the season l posted that bringing Gary Waddock back was a mistake and that we should be careful what we wish for. I was completely wrong. The man should be knighted and I should have idiot tattooed on my forehead in large letters.
Desertshot

Postby Desertshot » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:24 pm

lanternhall wrote:I am now going to publicly admit to being a dick head. At the beginning of the season l posted that bringing Gary Waddock back was a mistake and that we should be careful what we wish for. I was completely wrong. The man should be knighted and I should have idiot tattooed on my forehead in large letters.

We are all entitles to our opinion and if it makes you feel any better I had my reservations about GW with no money...I was wrong...VERY WRONG....We are a joy to watch and play the most attractive football in our league. We fully deserve to make the play offs and hopefully the final BUT whatever happens we have been magnificent all season. My only regret is that not more people have come to games to witness this.
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Desertshot wrote:
lanternhall wrote:I am now going to publicly admit to being a dick head. At the beginning of the season l posted that bringing Gary Waddock back was a mistake and that we should be careful what we wish for. I was completely wrong. The man should be knighted and I should have idiot tattooed on my forehead in large letters.

We are all entitles to our opinion and if it makes you feel any better I had my reservations about GW with no money...I was wrong...VERY WRONG....We are a joy to watch and play the most attractive football in our league. We fully deserve to make the play offs and hopefully the final BUT whatever happens we have been magnificent all season. My only regret is that not more people have come to games to witness this.

Thank you Desert shot. I am old school and my favourite shots teams were Dungworth Needham, McGregor etc but this is the best shots team I have seen in my life. I share your concern. How the hell do we attract more supporters?
scorp

Postby scorp » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:38 pm

ChrismasShot wrote:Who fancies becoming an honorary Torquay supporter and traveling to Dover for a game of footy.... :lol:

I plan to be there.
JPS

Postby JPS » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:20 pm

I have no problem with what the Dover manager says. He pays us compliments and admits the penalty was a penalty. The rest is focused on the task he has for getting his players ready for the final run in.

Return to “ShotsTalk”