8 sign new deals

steveshot

Re: 8 sign new deals

Postby steveshot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Great that they have signed this early and haven't left it to the last minute, says committed to me
CH

Postby CH » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Bernard and Benny seem to have struck up a proper understanding and friendship, which is very obvious before, during and after games.

I too wouldn't be surprised to see Benyu get in Mick McCarthy's ear and a tempting offer made by Ipswich to Mensah.

What they both must remember though is they will not be first choice in what will definitely not be a bad Ipswich side next season. Even Benyu I think is likely to be back out on loan again next season at a League club.
Marcus ex W.Midlands Shot

Postby Marcus ex W.Midlands Shot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Hopefully having 9 of their mates already signed up for next year will encourage Mensah and Cheye to get on board.

Fenelon, Straker, Oyeleke and Smith (GK) don't start in our best 11. I should think any offers made to them will be structured differently.
Chobham Shot

Postby Chobham Shot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:03 pm

steveshot wrote:Great that they have signed this early and haven't left it to the last minute, says committed to me

Agree, and the timing is great. With potentially 5 games left, these players will want to be playing in the football league next season.
Surrey_Shot

Postby Surrey_Shot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:34 pm

Alex wrote:
Surrey_Shot wrote:Come on Kundai....sign on the dotted line!

He's an Ipswich player...

I know, it was tongue in cheek!
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:42 pm

Surrey_Shot wrote:
Alex wrote:
Surrey_Shot wrote:Come on Kundai....sign on the dotted line!

I understood what you meant Surrey shot even if the viper didn't :lol:
scorp

Postby scorp » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Surrey_Shot wrote:
Alex wrote:

I understood what you meant Surrey shot even if the viper didn't :lol:

the viper that swallowed a porcupine 8)
Shots2000

Postby Shots2000 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:09 pm

My only thought is will the other players who haven't been offered new deals try and care?
Weybourne Shot

Postby Weybourne Shot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:11 pm

Marcus ex W.Midlands Shot wrote:Hopefully having 9 of their mates already signed up for next year will encourage Mensah and Cheye to get on board.

Fenelon, Straker, Oyeleke and Smith (GK) don't start in our best 11. I should think any offers made to them will be structured differently.

I think Oyeleke could get a lot more game time if he's still here next season, and could be a ready made replacement for Benyu.
Melbourne Red

Postby Melbourne Red » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Great news, couldn't be a better start to my day. Particularly pleased to have 3/4 of the conference's best defence locked away for next season.

If Bernard did decide to leave presumably we would get a fee for him because he's under 21. Hope he signs though as he's looked all class in the videos I've watched.

I'm guessing that we wouldn't be looking at keeping any of the loanees as most of them have barely played (apart from Benny, obviously) so that gives GW a bit of room to bring in a few more quality players.
latimeralder

Postby latimeralder » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:36 am

Even with just the 9 players already signed, we'd give many of today's National League teams a decent game..........

Already a very good team....mouth-watering to think how great the Shots could be by August!

I've bought two season tickets..
Marcus ex W.Midlands Shot

Postby Marcus ex W.Midlands Shot » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:21 am

Melbourne Red wrote:If Bernard did decide to leave presumably we would get a fee for him because he's under 21. Hope he signs though as he's looked all class in the videos I've watched.

The rule is that compensation is payable for an out of contract player under the age of 24, not 21. The amount can be set by a tribunal or agreed between the two clubs.

For instance, when Scott Donnelly went to Swansea the two clubs agreed a fee which was rumoured to be £25k up front. It's likely that the deal was structured with other payments for appearances etc. but as it transpired he hardly played for Swansea.

When Anthony Straker went to Southend after 200+ games for us, the fee was set by a tribunal and was £17.5k up front, plus a percentage of any future sale (which never materialised).

Based on those figures, I would say that we might get around £25-40k up front for Mensah, and maybe £10-20k for Cheye. The fees paid for lower league and conference level players have barely increased in 10 years. You hit the jackpot if the new club sell the player on, like Wycombe who got 15% of £15m when Liverpool sold Jordan Ibe.
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:41 am

Shots2000 wrote:My only thought is will the other players who haven't been offered new deals try and care?

I would imagine they'll all be offered new deals!
BmthShot

Postby BmthShot » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:48 am

Like to see all our permanent players sign up. Then add some new faces if we find some.
Shots2000

Postby Shots2000 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Next season we could be some force to be reckoned with

Return to “ShotsTalk”