Birdman

25 years ago

Postby Birdman » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Red-n-Blue

Re: 25 years ago

Postby Red-n-Blue » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Birdman wrote:An interesting read :- https://www.theshots.co.uk/june92-meeting/

Christ - where have those years gone?

Reading about the early days of the club got me thinking - does anyone know if Graham Brookland's book is available on Kindle or any other digital format?
steveclivebaker

Postby steveclivebaker » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Wow how time flies I was in the officers club that night following 3 months of hell,thank god for Terry Owens and others.
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:36 pm

I was quite normal then!
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Was also the month I first met chobham shot while playing football in the old brookwood hospital site before sainsburys and the annoying new houses were built, pitch remains there to this day, the rest all new houses, very disturbing, soon will be the day we have no greenery left!
steveclivebaker

Postby steveclivebaker » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:Was also the month I first met chobham shot while playing football in the old brookwood hospital site before sainsburys and the annoying new houses were built, pitch remains there to this day, the rest all new houses, very disturbing, soon will be the day we have no greenery left!

Plenty of space at Kingfield if the new investors if they really exist get hold of Woeking.
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:25 pm

steveclivebaker wrote:
Disturbed Postie wrote:Was also the month I first met chobham shot while playing football in the old brookwood hospital site before sainsburys and the annoying new houses were built, pitch remains there to this day, the rest all new houses, very disturbing, soon will be the day we have no greenery left!

Plenty of space at Kingfield if the new investors if they really exist get hold of Woeking.

Their major sponsor has signed up for three more years so I can only assume that he has received assurances that he's happy with. A light at the end of a rather dark tunnel, I would suggest.
http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/ ... ouncement/

Return to “ShotsTalk”