Matchday Experience Meeting

sgibbs

Matchday Experience Meeting

Postby sgibbs » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:27 am

Aldershot Town’s new Chief Executive Laura Smith and Chairman of The Shots Trust, Tommy Anderson, have invited supporters to join an informal group to help improve fans’ matchday experience at the EBB Stadium.

“Tommy and I are both passionate about ensuring Shots fans have the best possible experience when they visit the EBB this coming season,” said Laura. “Whilst the team’s performances play a large part in the fans’ experience, we know there is plenty that can be done by the club’s support staff, directors, the Shots Trust, our matchday partners and fantastic volunteers to ensure those coming through the turnstiles have a great time while at the stadium.

“The Trust and the Club will work collaboratively to put some of the great ideas that we know will be generated by this new group, into action.”

Tommy added: “I’d encourage Shots fans who have some creative ideas as to how we can enhance the matchday experience at the EBB to grasp this opportunity. The meetings will be informal and we are looking to be innovative. Take the chance to improve the offer at your club.”

With the first meeting scheduled to happen before the end of July, a group of five or six people is sought to discuss ideas.

Please email laura.smith@theshots.co.uk or call 01252 320211 if you are interested in taking part.

https://www.theshots.co.uk/matchday-experience-meeting/
Aldershot_Rob

Re: Matchday Experience Meeting

Postby Aldershot_Rob » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:52 pm

A great idea. As a suggestion, if those of us who live to far to attend the meeting, can ideas be emailed to Laura or Steve to be pit forward at the meeting?
Chris Myles

Postby Chris Myles » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Steve it was not that long ago when you asked the same question about ways of improving match day experience. We never did get any feed back or response. What happened to the ideas put forward then?
Red & Blue Shot

Postby Red & Blue Shot » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:15 pm

This is a good idea and I like the fact that the Club want to make the matchday experience better by reaching out for a meeting with supporters, I may even apply to attend myself.

However I do find it incredibly condescending that as a Shots fan I could be sitting in front of a Pompey fan (only at this club for his own gain in my opinion) to speak about bettering the experiences of Shots fans on a matchday! It still amazes me how a non Aldershot supporter was made chairman of an Aldershot fans group :shock:

Despite being a huge bugbear of mine, it won't put me off and I am applying to put my views across to Laura and to see what Tommy has to say/add to the informal conversation.
DonnyDarko2012

Postby DonnyDarko2012 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:08 am

Chris Myles wrote:Steve it was not that long ago when you asked the same question about ways of improving match day experience. We never did get any feed back or response. What happened to the ideas put forward then?
Great point Chris!
East Bank Blue

Postby East Bank Blue » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:41 am

Red and Blue Shot, once again you use a positive idea to have another little dig at Tommy Anderson. Rather than mouth off on here and hide behind a keyboard why don't you join the Shots Trust Committee as you seem to have a lot to say for yourself. If not perhaps we could meet for a beer so you can discuss your grievances/bitterness towards him as I would be interested to know.
sgibbs

Postby sgibbs » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:44 am

DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Chris Myles wrote:Steve it was not that long ago when you asked the same question about ways of improving match day experience. We never did get any feed back or response. What happened to the ideas put forward then?
Great point Chris!

I have them, and they will be added to the ideas generated from these meetings. Laura's arrival will hopefully give us all a bit more time to implement some of your suggestions
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:48 am

I like this idea as actually talking face to face is a much better way of discovering things that need improving and discussing them properly rather than just posting on social media, emails or other remote methods of communications which are still valuable but more often tend to only raise the question rather than find the answer.

I do hope that the club gets applications from a range of demographics for this because it will work best if they can get fans from different age groups and different areas of the ground so that all views can be explored.

My big worry for the future support of our club is the aging fan base so one of the biggest tasks the club faces over the next few years is attracting youngsters and whole families to come as a day out so if there is a mum or dad out there who struggles to get their children away from watching footie on TV to coming to a live game then you should apply for this because you will have first hand knowledge of why they don't want to come.
Mytshot

Postby Mytshot » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:23 am

Richard Petty wrote:I like this idea as actually talking face to face is a much better way of discovering things that need improving and discussing them properly rather than just posting on social media, emails or other remote methods of communications which are still valuable but more often tend to only raise the question rather than find the answer.

I do hope that the club gets applications from a range of demographics for this because it will work best if they can get fans from different age groups and different areas of the ground so that all views can be explored.

My big worry for the future support of our club is the aging fan base so one of the biggest tasks the club faces over the next few years is attracting youngsters and whole families to come as a day out so if there is a mum or dad out there who struggles to get their children away from watching footie on TV to coming to a live game then you should apply for this because you will have first hand knowledge of why they don't want to come.

Absolutely right that we need to get a wide range of views across all the demographics. I wonder how the away fans' experience could be incorporated into the process because there are regular comments on other club's forums about visiting our home - many of which have been negative.
Dr Jim Royle

Postby Dr Jim Royle » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:45 am

Quite like the idea of "themed days".

Playing London Team then Pie 'n' Mash and a pint type thing.

Playing Northern Team, cheap frothy beer cheap for game.

Playing Woeking, Grape Day (Wine for home fans, sour grapes for away).

You get me gist

8)
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:58 am

Mytshot wrote:
Richard Petty wrote:I like this idea as actually talking face to face is a much better way of discovering things that need improving and discussing them properly rather than just posting on social media, emails or other remote methods of communications which are still valuable but more often tend to only raise the question rather than find the answer.

Absolutely right that we need to get a wide range of views across all the demographics. I wonder how the away fans' experience could be incorporated into the process because there are regular comments on other club's forums about visiting our home - many of which have been negative.

Good point re away fans, I enjoy seeing a good away support as it adds to the atmosphere but its also from the clubs point of view a valuable income stream that like every other one needs to be maximised.
Charles Dickens

Postby Charles Dickens » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:14 am

Attracting families is simply not possible unless we are able to have a new stadium with modern facilities.
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:48 am

Charles Dickens wrote:

Attracting families is simply not possible unless we are able to have a new stadium with modern facilities.

I agree with you to a certain extent but not 100%.

I fully accept that there will be some youngsters who are put off by our stadium that's true but I am sure that there are still some out there who if we can get them along and they really enjoy themselves then we can get them hooked. Over the years the club has tried a number of things, some worked well, some worked slightly and some made very little difference but they were all worth trying and long may the club continue to try things because standing still and never trying anything new definitely gets you nowhere .

The important thing is for these Matchday Experience Meetings to forget the past and approach ideas with an open mind and just because something didn't work before doesn't mean it wont work now. Having a new CEO chairing these meetings along with The Trust chairman who is himself a young and passionate supporter (one of the demographics we need and want to attract) means that there is an open minded influence to the meeting so hopefully new ideas will be treated with enthusiasm and given a chance.
Charles Dickens

Postby Charles Dickens » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:41 pm

OK RP, but help me, what kind of initiatves do you think, with your wide inside knowledge, might attract families to our old fashioned stadium?
Headley Shot

Postby Headley Shot » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:07 pm

Charles Dickens wrote:OK RP, but help me, what kind of initiatves do you think, with your wide inside knowledge, might attract families to our old fashioned stadium?

Maybe Aldershot's new MP can help get the Club over the line with a new stadium ?
It would be great to see the Club achieve its potential and Aldershot Town missed out big time in the 1990s when the Lottery was pumping Tens of Millions into Ground redevelopment throughout the Premier & Football Leagues.
I've always thought this totally unfair and I hope the club eventually get the modern facilities so desperately needed.

Return to “ShotsTalk”