Pieman

fredandballou

Pieman

Postby fredandballou » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:12 am

With Wayne Shaw now employed as commercial manager (zero salary - commission only) down at Totton I feel sure one of the duties assigned to him with Ref to his food experiences will be to order an exceptional choice of pies. With this in mind I will be having a pie before the game and if it's as good as I'm expecting I will 'push the boat out' and take 'onboard' on of his infamous pasties at halftime.
Warnboro of the South

Re: Pieman

Postby Warnboro of the South » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Caution: Watch out for Wide Loads around the M27 & A36 tonight!
Alex

Postby Alex » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Warnboro of the South wrote:Caution: Watch out for Wide Loads around the M27 & A36 tonight!

I thought Rankine re joined York... :?:
PAUL BLUNDELL

Postby PAUL BLUNDELL » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:26 pm

Wayne did indeed bring up a large metal container/dish full of mini pasties to the seated stand at the Totton game the other night.
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Never quite understood why some people seem to have afforded him almost hero status after basically embarrassing his club and spoiling what should have been sutton's greatest ever day from a PR perspective.

Anyway looks like the FA see him more in the same light as I do as he has now been charged on two separate counts, intentionally influencing a football betting market, and improper conduct.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40607213
Grayshott

Postby Grayshott » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Don't understand this. He did not contrive the bet, but was done by a newspaper.

If he had eaten a pie then the gamblers would have won.

If he hadn't eaten the pie then the bookies would have won.

How is he to blame..?? He was on a loser either way. Are the F.A. protecting the bookies..??

Remember when three Spurs players, all England International, contrived to kick the ball into touch after 2 seconds of the game and so winning someone a lot of money. Nobody came down on them.

Whatever happened to the Accrington last game fixing scandal of 4-5 years ago. That seems to have been washed under the carpet.

Leave the pieman alone.
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:11 pm

As I understand it he was fully aware of the bet prior to the game and therefore should have reported it, once informed the club could have reported it to the FA then the bet would probably have become void.

It is also "Alleged" that he made other people aware of the bet and what the outcome of the bet would be enabling them to place bets on a certainty, if that allegation is true then that is "fixing" or in FA terms "Intentionally influencing a betting market"

At best he appears to have subsequently enjoyed the limelight and cooperated with the sun and therefore by association the bookies, he has also (to my knowledge) never shown any contrition and has continued to enjoy the celebrity status that his poor judgement has earned him.

It is obvious from peoples varying attitude to him and your response to my comment Grayshott that the rights and wrongs of this divide opinion.

I would leave you with one final thought on it though, had you personally gone into a bookies and placed £100 on him "NOT" eating a pie (or pasty) and you later found out that you lost your £100 because Wayne Shaw is "Alleged" to have fixed the outcome would you now be so forgiving.
Grayshott

Postby Grayshott » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:31 pm

I still think that in a multi billion pound industry where you can see some 'strange and interesting' things every week, and that bookies will take bets on these 'strange and interesting' things, the lowest person in this enormous cess pool of money is the poor 'pieman'. They don't come any lower in the football pecking order of football life, and yet he has been targeted by the F.A.

Rather like governments who target benefit cheats who take a few pounds, but ignore multi billionaires who launder their money overseas.

In this case, I stand up for the little man, who owns nothing of value, but just wants a little piece of this enormous football pie..!! Good luck to him.
ACA

Postby ACA » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Grayshott wrote:I still think that in a multi billion pound industry where you can see some 'strange and interesting' things every week, and that bookies will take bets on these 'strange and interesting' things, the lowest person in this enormous cess pool of money is the poor 'pieman'. They don't come any lower in the football pecking order of football life, and yet he has been targeted by the F.A.

Rather like governments who target benefit cheats who take a few pounds, but ignore multi billionaires who launder their money overseas.

In this case, I stand up for the little man, who owns nothing of value, but just wants a little piece of this enormous football pie..!! Good luck to him.

He's not been "targeted" by the FA, he publicly admitted what he did in at least one radio interview. This is not a case of the FA picking on the little guy (no sniggering at the back)... it's probably one of the most flagrant breaches of FA betting regulations ever: he knew about the bet before hand, encouraged friends to take the bet and then in full view of television cameras made sure that his friends could cash in. He tried it on, he's been charged. No sympathy from me.
tonygodfrey

Postby tonygodfrey » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Why would any bookie offer odds on someone eating a pie and then be surprised when the person in question takes the bet and does so?

Have I missed something?

Return to “ShotsTalk”