O/t. Dr Who

Birdman
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Aldershot

O/t. Dr Who

Postby Birdman » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:35 pm

A woman (a woman I ask you) to be the new Dr Who. Political correctness gawn mad, I tell you, gawn mad!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40624288
dalinz
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:26 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby dalinz » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Female doctors are hardly new. Even had a lady dentist once.
Now, when it comes to driving trains.. that's completely different...
Andyenn
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:43 pm

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby Andyenn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:13 pm

Taking care not to objectify or anything, but she is a bit of a babe though.
EV
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:21 pm

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby EV » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:05 pm

HURRAH at last fresh new 21st century exciting future....cannot wait Xmas will be fab with the 1st & 12 Doctor and now a Timelady. If she is half as good as Michelle Gomez it will be fun !
Birdman
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Aldershot

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby Birdman » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:13 pm

MEH! Might as well do a remake of The Sweeney with Paul O'Grady and Julian Clary in the roles of Jack Reagan and George Carter (possible but it wouldn't be right).











(tic)
EV
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:21 pm

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby EV » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Timelords don't recognise gender as we do, don't have the same hang ups as the 12th told Bill ! I think you have an old fashioned view to life Birdman no disrespect .Look at Wonderwoman a great kick arse heroine !
Birdman
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Aldershot

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby Birdman » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:29 pm

EV wrote:Timelords don't recognise gender as we do, don't have the same hang ups as the 12th told Bill ! I think you have an old fashioned view to life Birdman no disrespect .Look at Wonderwoman a great kick arse heroine !


Methinks you might be taking my posts 'a little bit' too seriously, EV.

(tic) - tongue in cheek :)
EV
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:21 pm

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby EV » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:36 pm

Dr Who is serious : ) and some people don't think its real !!!! can you believe it ! xxx to Birdman : )
PAUL BLUNDELL
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:51 pm
Location: WINCHFIELD, HAMPSHIRE.
Contact:

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby PAUL BLUNDELL » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:53 pm

Come on chaps. There's now't wrong with a lady doctor. I have one myself and she can take my pulse anytime. Anyway, don't tell me you watch that rubbish. I mean, cyber men and darlects. We're be having the little smash robots on there next!!!! Beam me up Scotty before the abuse.
Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby Dr Jim Royle » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:03 am

The BBC have right Roylee cocked up ............... There is only one Doctor, need I say more?
8)
lanternhall
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 am

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby lanternhall » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:16 am

Birdman wrote:A woman (a woman I ask you) to be the new Dr Who. Political correctness gawn mad, I tell you, gawn mad!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40624288

I agree. Dr Who is a man. What do we have next. Transgender Dr Who?
Nobby
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:37 pm
Location: My own little world
Contact:

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby Nobby » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 am

Birdman wrote:MEH! Might as well do a remake of The Sweeney with Paul O'Grady and Julian Clary in the roles of Jack Reagan and George Carter (possible but it wouldn't be right).

And yet - I think I'd watch that! :lol:
Headley Shot
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:22 pm

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby Headley Shot » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:15 pm

Oh for a world where Men were Men and women marry in white to match the kitchen furniture eh ??
Richard Petty
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:12 am

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby Richard Petty » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Seems a good choice to me, a complete change in the character is needed.

I have watched Doctor Who since the Jon Pertwee years and to be honest it has become more a case of watching purely for nostalgia sake as the storylines have not kept up with time (no pun intended) and I have not been impressed with any of the recent Doctors apart from the brief stint that Christopher Eccleston did when the series relaunched.

Hopefully Jodie Whittaker will not try and simply be a female version with the same character traits but will create a completely new personality.

I certainly cant understand some of the fans who are saying they wont watch it any more, that's really daft
supershots
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:08 am
Location: Frimley green

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby supershots » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 pm

PAUL BLUNDELL wrote:Come on chaps. There's now't wrong with a lady doctor. I have one myself and she can take my pulse anytime. Anyway, don't tell me you watch that rubbish. I mean, cyber men and darlects. We're be having the little smash robots on there next!!!! Beam me up Scotty before the abuse.


Come on - when you see her is the only time you have a pulse :lol:

Return to “ShotsTalk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], James Frazer, Morrissey's Scorcher, Plastic shot, Shot through (& throu and 27 guests