O/t. Dr Who

supershots

Re: O/t. Dr Who

Postby supershots » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Richard Petty wrote:Seems a good choice to me, a complete change in the character is needed.

I have watched Doctor Who since the Jon Pertwee years and to be honest it has become more a case of watching purely for nostalgia sake as the storylines have not kept up with time (no pun intended) and I have not been impressed with any of the recent Doctors apart from the brief stint that Christopher Eccleston did when the series relaunched.

Hopefully Jodie Whittaker will not try and simply be a female version with the same character traits but will create a completely new personality.

I certainly cant understand some of the fans who are saying they wont watch it any more, that's really daft

Come on Richard would you still watch the shots if they merged with Reading and played in blue and white hoops :shock:
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:54 pm

That's not really a good comparison supershots your example is more comparable to say merging Doctor Who with The Magic Roundabout which I will accept that just like Reading I would certainly not want to watch. :lol:
Ancient Shot

Postby Ancient Shot » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Dr Who and The Magic Roundabout!

Would love to see Dylan as the Doctor
PAUL BLUNDELL

Postby PAUL BLUNDELL » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Yeah man, far out.
EV

Postby EV » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Mr Petty you can't have watched Heaven Sent, Hell Bent from series 9 the first particularly an absolute masterpiece ! And this years finale was fabulous to quote the 9th Doctor. Woman are on catch up in life as men stopped them achieving and showing their worth, thankfully thats been on the change.
And MR BLUNDELL SIR how VERY dare you belittle the Tardis escapades : )
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:00 pm

Any Jasper Carrot fans here, who remembers his version of Magic Roundabout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_JQDfuMZi0

It was the B side to his single "Funky Moped" took a few people by surprise when they first played it

:lol:
Charles Dickens

Postby Charles Dickens » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:06 pm

We have had a female Hamlet and male swans. We may soon have a Janet Bond as well.

Anything goes these days.

PS I have never watched Dr Who so can`t say too much about the programme.As for the new doctor, sorry to say, I have no idea "who" she is.
Bill

Postby Bill » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:27 pm

Well, the best non football topic for a while! Have loved Dr.Who since William Hartnell days, Patrick Troughton and Peter Capaldi being the best IMHO. As for changing to a female lead character, It's happened years before with Star Trek Voyager, so it's not exactly ground breaking news, in fact highly predictable. So, on reflection, lets see if the scripts match the hype! Now that our once treasured institution the BBC is in a mood for change, what predictions for the 14th reincarnation of Dr.Who anyone?
Pip@B

Postby Pip@B » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:19 pm

I gave up after Tom Baker.And she is the 14th Doctor,as Peter Cushing played the Dr in two TV movies.
EV

Postby EV » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:30 am

Peter Cushing isn't recognised as a Doctor so is never included in the count, but she can be thought the 14th if you include the War Doctor, but the Doctor himself does not recognise him due to his actions in the Time War. She can also be thought of as the 15th as the 10th Doctor regenerated into the same looking body as he had 'vanity issues' !

Return to “ShotsTalk”