West Country Shots

Bristol Shot

Re: West Country Shots

Postby Bristol Shot » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:31 pm

Keynsham (that's K E Y N S H A M - for the more senior Shots fans). Mid way between Bristol & Bath
Somerset Shot

Postby Somerset Shot » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:57 pm

Last season didn't end that well for us west country based supporters. FGR went up (temporarily!). In EFL2 Cheltenham, Yeovil and Newport all flirted with relegation at some point during the season but stayed up. At least Torquay saved themselves but that'll be the Shots only trip across this side of the country. Fingers crossed for a good cup draw!
Ancient Shot

Postby Ancient Shot » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:48 am

Rightsiders Christmas Party being held in Taunton that weekend.

All welcome!
SW Shot

Postby SW Shot » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:45 pm

I'm in the spiritual town of Glastonbury
Brooklands Shot

Postby Brooklands Shot » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:Rightsiders Christmas Party being held in Taunton that weekend.

All welcome!

ATFC Taunton Takeover. As Ancient said, anyone welcome to join us after the Torquay match, even if not SW based. Plenty of cheap B & B's around. Plenty of boozers and a great curry house too
lofty

Postby lofty » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:35 pm

I moved back to Bristol a few years ago. Lived in Keynsham for a couple of years - now in Bedminster, South Bristol.
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Bristol Shot wrote:Keynsham (that's K E Y N S H A M - for the more senior Shots fans). Mid way between Bristol & Bath

Horace Bachelor on Radio Luxembourg and his Football Pools 'winning' formula.
Somerset Shot

Postby Somerset Shot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:41 pm

lofty wrote:I moved back to Bristol a few years ago. Lived in Keynsham for a couple of years - now in Bedminster, South Bristol.

That's right in the shadow of the refurbished Ashton Gate then. Do you ever choose a walk down the road over a 200 mile round trip to the Rec?
fredandballou

Postby fredandballou » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:07 pm

My youngest son Andrew due to his work now lives in Salisbury. Two of his new work colleagues are keen Salisbury fans and have been on at him to join them in supporting the "Whites". As he has been a lifelong shots supporter he asked my views on him giving Salisbury fc his support as he can only get up to the Rec on the odd occasion now. I gave him full dispensation to go along to the Raymond McEnhill stadium in view of the fact that ex shot Steve Claridge is the Whites manager there now and that Steve has always had a soft spot for Aldershot Town and it will take a few more season's before the Shots and Salisbury meet again in a league clash.

Return to “ShotsTalk”