Match Day Thread vs GUISELEY

Fuggletim

Re: Match Day Thread vs GUISELEY

Postby Fuggletim » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Great afternoon and a bit of a stroll in the park for the second half. Game was won at half time.

All the same, I wish we would just keep the pressure on all the time instead of taking the foot off the gas.

Well done though Shots!
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:02 pm

I'm not getting too carried away with the result. Yes, it was nice to score six but to me (based on that showing) Guisley look like strong relegation candidates. We played a lot of good stuff whilst making the game (of football) look easy. At 3-0 I thought that they weren't entirely out of it but when we went four up a minute or so before half time then I felt that the stuffing had been well and truly knocked out of them. The final two goals just consolidated things and the last 5-10 minutes were little more than an exercise in passing the ball and keeping possession. So yes, very pleased with the result and performance but my feet are still firmly placed on the ground.
Praise for the referee; I felt that he had a good game, let it flow and wasn't as card-happy as Tuesday's ref. Some of the tackles he 'had a word about' would imo have been a booking last Tuesday. He can come again.
Warnboro of the South

Postby Warnboro of the South » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:10 pm

Great result.

There will be harder tests to come.

We have just got to keep our feet on the ground....and just keep winning!

Sounds like SSF, sublime Shots football. Having missed out today including a gloating call from the ground telling me what I'm missing, I hope to be at 'Petrified' United come Tuesday.
shotshammo

Postby shotshammo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:16 pm

A visitors assessment of the game. We watch a lesson on how football should be played, the difference in part time and full time is huge. Did I regret coming, no, it was a joy to watch some good football. I thanked them for coming.
Nice touch from Jake, he came over to the South Stand and high fived all the youngsters and then high fived me. Golden moment, us kids were so excited, the icing on the cake. Alright I'm 78 but still a big kid at heart.
I'll leave all the plaudits to the experts. :D
P.S. The officials had a floorless game, as agreed by my little gang.
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Really enjoyable afternoon, some great goals and good passing play with pace to burn.
We are going to be a challenge for anyone this season, and like last year, win your home games and draw your away games and we will be thereabouts.
Not getting carried away, but enjoying being top for now.

O and as someone that is often very critical of officials, today's were excellent. :D

COYS. Maidstone next.....let's try and keep it going.
Heywood Jablomy

Postby Heywood Jablomy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:12 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:Really enjoyable afternoon, some great goals and good passing play with pace to burn.
We are going to be a challenge for anyone this season, and like last year, win your home games and draw your away games and we will be thereabouts.
Not getting carried away, but enjoying being top for now.

O and as someone that is often very critical of officials, today's were excellent. :D

COYS. Maidstone next.....let's try and keep it going.

Exactly.
Oyeleke,Rowe and Taylor.Omg what a trio.
Churtshot

Postby Churtshot » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Really got to say something about the ref today, such a contrast to Tuesday. This ref will go far, he let the game flow, wasn't card happy early on but kept in control. OK, it was an easy game, but other refs could have spoilt it very easily.

The fact that you didn't notice him most of the time says a lot; it was about a game of football, not about the ref. Would be happy to have him run the game every week.
Pip@B

Postby Pip@B » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Birdman wrote:I'm not getting too carried away with the result. Yes, it was nice to score six but to me (based on that showing) Guisley look like strong relegation candidates. We played a lot of good stuff whilst making the game (of football) look easy. At 3-0 I thought that they weren't entirely out of it but when we went four up a minute or so before half time then I felt that the stuffing had been well and truly knocked out of them. The final two goals just consolidated things and the last 5-10 minutes were little more than an exercise in passing the ball and keeping possession. So yes, very pleased with the result and performance but my feet are still firmly placed on the ground.
Praise for the referee; I felt that he had a good game, let it flow and wasn't as card-happy as Tuesday's ref. Some of the tackles he 'had a word about' would imo have been a booking last Tuesday. He can come again.

That Ref has been before and is one of the best.
steveclivebaker

Postby steveclivebaker » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Some will say Guiseley are a poor side but they drew with Ebbsfleet and only lost one nil to Gateshead.
Today was more to do with how good we are, Fenellon is a yard quicker this season,BJT more effective
than Kanu and Rowe a proper footballer like Benyu. Oyeleke is showing just what a good player he is
and our best player is still waiting in the wings. Roll on Tuesday we certainly are On Our Way.
Shots2000

Postby Shots2000 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:36 pm

BJT is better than Kanu, he cant cross and defend. Great performance everyone had a great game, Guiesley poor but we were excellent.
Weybourne Shot

Postby Weybourne Shot » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:38 pm

Guiseley may have been limited opposition but we started so well we simply blew them away. We could have been 3 up before we scored the first goal. There is such a confidence throughout this team and even though Gary rang the changes today it was seamless and the players coming in to the side all made positive impacts. There is such fluidity and flexibility in our play and it is great to watch. BJT and Rowe again so impressive and both look as though they will score goals as well as make them. They have settled into the team so well and so quickly and have added to what we had last season. The midfield area looks so strong with Manny bossing things and enjoying his football again. Must admit I thought we would miss Mensah more than we have so far but the team look full of goals with the way we are playing. Our passing is so sharp and if anything even better than it was last season. Great to see Reynolds on rhe scoresheet and love seeing De Haviland making those surging runs out of defence. A good solid debut by Chris Arthur he can certainly put a good ball in and he didn't really put a foot wrong but yes he will have tougher tests to come. A great afternoon and if we can keep this up it will be some season.
86/87 Glory Year

Postby 86/87 Glory Year » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:45 pm

We were outstanding all over the pitch. The manager must be so pleased we are getting goals from all over the field. I would single out just one player and that is Manny. He has added something different to the team. The glue that sticks everything together. He is strong, he links the play and can create which allows all the forward players to do the business in the final third. James Rowe is perfect for the way we play. Very talented and quality of passing is exceptional. Taylor, McClure and Shamir very good also. Two big away games coming up now. Brilliant start to the season. Let's keep it up.
baldershot

Postby baldershot » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Manny's performances so far is a tribute to Gary's belief in him and his patience. He gave Manny all the time he needed to get fit, and with a full pre-season, he is showing what a class act he is. Almost the same with Matt - most people thought he wasn't good enough half way through last season, but Gary kept his faith in him, and that has been rewarded.
Morrissey's Scorcher

Postby Morrissey's Scorcher » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Needed smelling salts at HT, lovely stuff again from the Shots, can we keep playing like this? Some of our attacking play is really superb, I realise we have not really been tested by some of the teams we expect to be challenging, but you can only beat what is in front of you. A word for Matt McClure, I'm not his biggest fan but a shame he didn't managed the hat-trick he deserved today, I just hope he can keep a decent strike rate for the season which is the real mark. Ginger M has done it again though some really excellent signings made in the Summer, to add to the excellent players from last season. Anyone know when we last hit six?
Heywood Jablomy

Postby Heywood Jablomy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:17 pm

Just a quick shout out to the amazing pitch we have, makes it possible to play the sublime football we witnessed today.The players produced a thing of beauty out there on it.

Return to “ShotsTalk”