Post on the Leyton Orient forum

Onlooker

Post on the Leyton Orient forum

Postby Onlooker » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Seems like we should all roll over for the mighty Orient. They really believe they are too big for this level. Might be a relatively big club but they are in this league for a reason. Some of the comments are laughable but this one really caught my eye...

"Not being funny but how are teams like Solihull and Maidstone even at this level? If we keep winning until around October the EFL should just reinstate us, it's literally embarrassing."
liam

Re: Post on the Leyton Orient forum

Postby liam » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:22 pm

How conceited can they get, T*ss*rs
aldershot-jg

Postby aldershot-jg » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Hopefully they will get a reality check when they play us next month.
Ian M

Postby Ian M » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Be fair... the pointless use of the word "literally " identifies the author as between 7 and 12 :)
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:24 pm

Which forum are you reading?
Onlooker

Postby Onlooker » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:30 pm

Birdman wrote:Which forum are you reading?

The one in the links. There is a thread about "Joke Clubs" or some such title. But there have been digs in quite a number of threads. Quite amusing to be honest and, if they go straight back up, good luck to them. But you earn that right over 46 games (or more).
Reach for the Stars

Postby Reach for the Stars » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:31 pm

I can't wait for those twats to come to the rec bring them on
bordon shot

Postby bordon shot » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Looks like one of their supporters has been to watch us today. He was obviously impressed & said we are a decent team & much more better than them. I will expect a few to come down for our game against them.
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:59 pm

Onlooker wrote:Seems like we should all roll over for the mighty Orient. They really believe they are too big for this level. Might be a relatively big club but they are in this league for a reason. Some of the comments are laughable but this one really caught my eye...

"Not being funny but how are teams like Solihull and Maidstone even at this level? If we keep winning until around October the EFL should just reinstate us, it's literally embarrassing."

Does the ***** forget that Maidstone were once a league above that?
aldershot-jg

Postby aldershot-jg » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:16 pm

bordon shot wrote:Looks like one of their supporters has been to watch us today. He was obviously impressed & said we are a decent team & much more better than them. I will expect a few to come down for our game against them.

From their exiles thread

I'm at Aldershot and Guiseley (4-0 half time). Aldershot are so far ahead of us in terms of quality it's scary.
Chobham Shot

Postby Chobham Shot » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Every year, teams come down from the football league believing they will storm this tinpot league. Rarely does a team go straight back up. Bristol Rovers the only team that spring to mind to have done so recently via the play off lottery (kept the gasman happy!) Fans of newly relegated clubs really ought to pay attention to history and have realistic expectations. If Hartlepool or Orient make the play offs, they should consider it a successful season & be thankful they're not following in the footsteps of Stockport & York who were too big and/or too good to go down.
dalinz

Postby dalinz » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:43 pm

Like. Ron.
86/87 Glory Year

Postby 86/87 Glory Year » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Looking forward to Saturday 23rd September. Hope they bring the full allocation and they and us are up near the top to make it a top of the table fixture.
Kingfield Ender

Postby Kingfield Ender » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:55 pm

Thing is they havent played anyone yet like yourselves

Lets see where we all are after 20 games
scorp

Postby scorp » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:58 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
bordon shot wrote:Looks like one of their supporters has been to watch us today. He was obviously impressed & said we are a decent team & much more better than them. I will expect a few to come down for our game against them.

From their exiles thread

I'm at Aldershot and Guiseley (4-0 half time). Aldershot are so far ahead of us in terms of quality it's scary.

Like.

+1

Return to “ShotsTalk”