Ex-Player News - August 22nd onwards

fredandballou

Re: Ex-Player News - August 22nd onwards

Postby fredandballou » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Olly Lancashire scored an OG giving Crawley the lead in the game Swindon v Crawley Sat 2nd Sept. Jordon Roberts also scored in Crawley's win. Glenn Morris reportedly had a good game for Crawley keeping Swindon out. Last Saturday Jordon Roberts scored both of Crawley's goals in their win over Yeovil.
Aldershot_Rob

Postby Aldershot_Rob » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Andre Mccullen scored for Tonbridge Angels in their 3-1 F.A cup defeat to Faversham Town.
Statto

Postby Statto » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:26 pm

In addition to his playing duties for the club, Aaron McLean has taken on the role of Ebbsfleet United's striker coach.
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Statto wrote:In addition to his playing duties for the club, Aaron McLean has taken on the role of Ebbsfleet United's striker coach.

Doesn't seem that long ago he was on loan to us from orient as an 18/19 year old towards the end of our ryman title year in 03!
slaphead

Postby slaphead » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Nick Pope, another young goalkeeper written off as crap by some experts here, made his Premier League debut today for Burnley.
Mick Earls Fan Club

Postby Mick Earls Fan Club » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:33 pm

slaphead wrote:Nick Pope, another young goalkeeper written off as crap by some experts here, made his Premier League debut today for Burnley.

I dont recall Nick being anything special whilst with us, but players develop at different rates and hes achieved PL status so well done to him.

Lets not forget Edward Sheringham did not pull up any trees in his loan spell 84/5 and it all turned out ok for him!
Redandblueshirt

Postby Redandblueshirt » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:35 pm

slaphead wrote:Nick Pope, another young goalkeeper written off as crap by some experts here, made his Premier League debut today for Burnley.

Wow! That is fantastic. To be honest I didn't think very much of him when he came to us on loan from Charlton?? He must have really worked on his game to become no2 at Burnley. The keeper that I really rated was Jonathan Henley who I think followed Nick between our sticks?? His career seems to have gone downhill since, not sure why. Maybe I can't judge keepers could be the reason. :P
Alex

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Someone having a pop again :roll:

I'm sure at the time it wasn't 'some experts on here' but the majority of our supporters that though Nick was dodgy.

Good luck to the lad!
slaphead

Postby slaphead » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:44 pm

Alex wrote:
Someone having a pop again :roll:

Wasnt after you specifically, but if the cap fits.... Especially after your judgement that Robert can go back to FGR, based on 25 minutes game time after zero minutes training with his new team-mates. :roll:
Alex

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Just think you could tell straight away after that brief appearance that's he's a bit chunky, unfit and to me didn't give us a spark or look like a game changer.

He might improve but I'm not convinced he's what we need right now.

Good luck to him and fair enough if he proves me wrong.
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Alex wrote:Just think you could tell straight away after that brief appearance that's he's a bit chunky, unfit and to me didn't give us a spark or look like a game changer.

Christ, give the kid a chance he's only been on the pitch about a minute, thought I was an impatient toe rag but that takes thee!
Alex

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:27 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Alex wrote:Just think you could tell straight away after that brief appearance that's he's a bit chunky, unfit and to me didn't give us a spark or look like a game changer.

Christ, give the kid a chance he's only been on the pitch about a minute, thought I was an impatient toe rag but that takes thee!

Kid? He's 28. I can see why he's not getting a game in League Two.
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Ok 28 then, still quite young
aldershot-jg

Postby aldershot-jg » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:50 pm

So Alex McCarthy and Nick Pope are now 2nd choice Premier League goalkeepers, and both admittedly have played well when called upon. Goes to show that it's hard to judge young goalkeepers, next time we have to loan an 18/19 year old keeper I will try and remind myself that they are still learning in a position that is the most difficult to play.
EV

Postby EV » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:50 am

I recall Benyu making his debut at East Thurrock last season on a miserable day in a miserable match. He looked a skinny lost boy and offered nothing to the game. You can never judge anyone on one viewing.!

Return to “ShotsTalk”