Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Statto
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: Aldershot

Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby Statto » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:46 pm

Adam Hinshelwood has vacated his post as manager of Hastings United to take on the same role back at former club Worthing.
Andyenn
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:43 pm

Re: Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby Andyenn » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:21 pm

I saw Sonny Bradley got sent off for Plymouth. Apparently they have had quite a few see red recently.
Kidderminster Shots
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm

Re: Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby Kidderminster Shots » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:55 pm

Football League show has pretty much been an ex-Shots roll call in recent weeks:

Jordan Roberts
Olly Lancashire
Sonny Bradley
Dion Conroy
Joel Grant
Jermaine McGlashan
Danny Hylton
Troy Brown
Dean Parrett
Alex Rodman
Omar Beckles
Peter Vincenti
Idris Kanu
Probably more I can't remember...

All either scoring goals or doing something productive, apart from Kanu. Not all with us in the league but many were.

Dean Holdsworth, hang your head in shame.
Alex
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Re: Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby Alex » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:33 pm

George Saville (brother of Jack) has scored 2 goals for Millwall against Reading
Ancient Shot
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 pm

Re: Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby Ancient Shot » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:53 pm

Kidderminster Shots wrote:Football League show has pretty much been an ex-Shots roll call in recent weeks:

Jordan Roberts
Olly Lancashire
Sonny Bradley
Dion Conroy
Joel Grant
Jermaine McGlashan
Danny Hylton
Troy Brown
Dean Parrett
Alex Rodman
Omar Beckles
Peter Vincenti
Idris Kanu
Probably more I can't remember...

All either scoring goals or doing something productive, apart from Kanu. Not all with us in the league but many were.

Dean Holdsworth, hang your head in shame.


Let's face it Kidder, there's a lot of ex Shots about
Statto
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby Statto » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:20 pm

Guy Branston has stood down from being Chesterfield's caretaker manager and has also left his role as the club's Director of Recruitment and Development.
Surrey_Shot
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am

Re: Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby Surrey_Shot » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:22 pm

Not seen it mentioned, but Marvin Morgan has left Bath for Hampton & Richmond
Statto
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby Statto » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:17 pm

Surrey_Shot wrote:Not seen it mentioned, but Marvin Morgan has left Bath for Hampton & Richmond
Mentioned here
Statto
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby Statto » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:08 pm

Ex-Aldershot FC midfielder Steve Wilkes has been appointed as manager of Northwich Victoria.
chimpster99
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am
Location: Alton

Re: Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby chimpster99 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:27 pm

[quote="Statto"]Ex-Aldershot FC midfielder [b]Steve Wilkes[/b] has been appointed as manager of Northwich Victoria.[/quote]

I kind of remember the name. Can you please enlighten us about when he was at the Rec and what he did/didn't achieve, oh statful one???
Disturbed Postie
Posts: 424
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby Disturbed Postie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:42 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Statto wrote:Ex-Aldershot FC midfielder Steve Wilkes has been appointed as manager of Northwich Victoria.


I kind of remember the name. Can you please enlighten us about when he was at the Rec and what he did/didn't achieve, oh statful one???

Don't think he was with us for long and he had a modest playing career!
Ancient Shot
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 pm

Re: Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby Ancient Shot » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:47 pm

Can't say I remember him
Wanderer
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:45 pm
Location: Godalming

Re: Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby Wanderer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:32 pm

He had a moustache and is in this team photo

http://www.mselliott.plus.com/Shots%20Team%2088-9.html

Left very early in the season.

If we are mentioned AFE players Martin Gray has become manager of York City
Statto
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby Statto » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:31 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Statto wrote:Ex-Aldershot FC midfielder Steve Wilkes has been appointed as manager of Northwich Victoria.


I kind of remember the name. Can you please enlighten us about when he was at the Rec and what he did/didn't achieve, oh statful one???
Back then, I didn't record signing/leaving dates, so all I can tell you is that he joined AFC on a free transfer in the summer of 1988 having been released by Preston North End. He made his only appearances for the club in the 1988-89 pre-season - he was a playing substitute v Farnham Town before starting v West Ham United and Southampton. He left us to join Southport (again on a free transfer) at some point during the 1988-89 season.
Aldershot_Rob
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:54 pm
Location: Faversham

Re: Ex-Player News - September 26th onwards

Postby Aldershot_Rob » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:36 am

That shirt looks the business

Return to “ShotsTalk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Reg's corner and 32 guests