England

Alan B
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:29 pm

Re: England

Postby Alan B » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:19 am

Well I enjoyed the game. We saw some young players trying to play the game in the right way, not afraid of keeping the ball and for the most part using it well. John Stones and Harry Maguire were excellent at the back, solid in defence and bringing it out with confidence. Only a friendly I know but some encouraging signs for the future.

Germany might not have been at full strength but their team were vastly more experienced than England. Their second string won the Confederations Cup too.
Disturbed Postie
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: England

Postby Disturbed Postie » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:25 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
lanternhall wrote:
Why do we always have to slag team off? Other countries don't. Seems to be us. No wonder we win nothing.



Is it just me that sees the irony in that?

I think once the hall has his weetabix this morning he'll be fine Steve!
lanternhall
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 am

Re: England

Postby lanternhall » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:09 pm

Alan B wrote:Well I enjoyed the game. We saw some young players trying to play the game in the right way, not afraid of keeping the ball and for the most part using it well. John Stones and Harry Maguire were excellent at the back, solid in defence and bringing it out with confidence. Only a friendly I know but some encouraging signs for the future.

Germany might not have been at full strength but their team were vastly more experienced than England. Their second string won the Confederations Cup too.

I agree. Don't forget England were not at full strength either but I think that we played very well.
Mytshot
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: Mytchett

Re: England

Postby Mytshot » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:20 pm

Most top level football is boring these days. Academy clones passing sideways on their perfect pitches coached by managers that all attended the same course. I actually find the further down the pyramid you go the more interesting it gets.
Redshot66
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:19 pm

Re: England

Postby Redshot66 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Mytshot wrote:Most top level football is boring these days. Academy clones passing sideways on their perfect pitches coached by managers that all attended the same course. I actually find the further down the pyramid you go the more interesting it gets.


You obviously didn’t watch Chester Wrexham the other night,shocking standard.
Mytshot
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: Mytchett

Re: England

Postby Mytshot » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:41 pm

Redshot66 wrote:
Mytshot wrote:Most top level football is boring these days. Academy clones passing sideways on their perfect pitches coached by managers that all attended the same course. I actually find the further down the pyramid you go the more interesting it gets.


You obviously didn’t watch Chester Wrexham the other night,shocking standard.


No I didn't. It probably had about as much entertainment value as watching England - but much cheaper. If I'm going to shell out a small fortune to be ripped off at Wembley then I would expect something more entertaining than National League level.
lanternhall
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 am

Re: England

Postby lanternhall » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:52 pm

I'm lost. I actually enjoyed it. I thought it was a good game.
Onslow shots
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Onslow Village

Re: England

Postby Onslow shots » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:06 pm

Me to Lanternhall, I went last night, thought it was an okay game considering so many pulled out. Agree the Wembley experience is a bit pricey for most but the cost of National league games is crazy given the standard involved.
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: England

Postby Anon E Mouse » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:45 pm

Another zzzz.
Keep flicking off it and onto the Rep Ireland game.
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: England

Postby Anon E Mouse » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:46 pm

I predict paper planes very soon.
Alex
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Re: England

Postby Alex » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Denmark look comfortable and play some pretty decent football.

ROI desperately need a spark player like England (Alli) and Wales (Bale) have.

Cannot understand why Shane Long isn't on the pitch :!:
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: England

Postby Anon E Mouse » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:09 pm

Alex wrote:Denmark look comfortable and play some pretty decent football.

ROI desperately need a spark player like England (Alli) and Wales (Bale) have.

Cannot understand why Shane Long isn't on the pitch :!:


To big a gap between the Irish midfield and the front 2 that frankly don’t look good enough.
Denmark fans having a party. Full of cheap Irish booze.
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: England

Postby Anon E Mouse » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:28 pm

Meanwhile back at Wembley.
Zzzzzzzzzzz
Alex
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Re: England

Postby Alex » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:Meanwhile back at Wembley.
Zzzzzzzzzzz


Not watched any of it

I will not listen to Glenn bloody Hoddle :!:

:evil:
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: England

Postby Anon E Mouse » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:39 pm

It’s still going.
Now do I watch the last 12 mins or go back for the Roy Keane interview :lol:

Return to “ShotsTalk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 26 guests