England

steveshot

Re: England

Postby steveshot » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Gonna have another mince pie
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:46 pm

Wembley empting quicker than Stamford Bridge and the Emeriates.
Mytshot

Postby Mytshot » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:58 pm

Another snooze fest. Really, what is the point? 180 minutes of two of the supposedly best teams in the world (and England) and not a single goal. Friendlies should be scrapped as they're just cheating the fans. The players don't care and the clubs invent imaginary injuries for the top players. The Premier League must be well fed up that a whole weekend of fixtures is cancelled for this nonsense.
scorp

Postby scorp » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:59 pm

steveshot wrote:Gonna have another mince pie

:lol:

The excitement was ... underwhelming. Stopped watching.
Reg's corner

Postby Reg's corner » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:20 pm

Brazil took the match very seriously as that is their 'best' team, no pull outs. We fielded what we Did, whilst they had some trickery created little chances.. We should've had a pen when their keeper was late on waashisname.. But all in all if it was a knockout match we would loose on pens because they strike the ball better.. Hart 1ST vlean sheet for eng against brazil since shilton im 84...
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:53 am

What do you people want?. I don't believe English fans. We have just played the two best teams in the world and competed.

There were numerous squad withdrawals which I for one do not accept are all genuine . So Gareth Southgate blooded youth who performed very well. These are extremely talented players who because of foreign players in the premier league are not getting a chance.

I believe Southgate is the best England manager that we have had for years. He is experimenting and doing what people have asked for years. Giving youth a chance. Yet people still slag team off. Same old story.
New recruit

Postby New recruit » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:58 am

When I was young I used to go watch England all the time .In those days there were no friendly games , OK there were games which were non competition and labelled as friendlies but it was country v country , The best team were picked , no large numbers of substitutions because to play for England was the ambition of every player..... The England manager was GOD and what he said was what happened... Now we are in a stupid world where the Champions League is bigger than the World Cup ,Foreign Managers see the Premiership as more important than both the WC and European Championship and rather than develop a young English lad it is easier to go spend 50 million on a player that has already been developed in another country ....

The attitude to the England team took a turn for the worse the moment The Premiership came into being..I would imagine in Italy at the moment football fans are thinking nothing worse could happen ,If England had not qualified it would have been one day of moaning on the back page of the papers and then " Oh well we can always have another go in 4 Years time "

The Germans ,Italians ,French and Spanish all have Foreign players playing in their leagues but also have a majority of their own lads at most clubs ...strange that in those world's the people of those countries are still very passionate of their national teams... RANT OVER7
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:46 am

I agree. I use to go to all the England games as well. My big issue is that we have a wealth of young talent in this country and it is because of the premier league that they are not getting a chance.
shotshammo

Postby shotshammo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:53 am

The Brazillians were a joy to watch in open play, but surprisingly struggled to get over, round or through our brick wall. It reminded me of the Romans approach to an enemy, shields upright with no gaps, unfortunately unlike them, we stopped at the half way line. I enjoyed the game, it was good to see at last some discipline in our young team, working to instructions. Not conceding a goal to two of the best and free scoring teams in the world was no mean achievement.
Reach for the Stars

Postby Reach for the Stars » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:11 pm

I thought Joe Gomez did great in both games and could be useful for England in the coming years. Without the friendly fixtures, the likes of him wouldn't get a chance.
Reg's corner

Postby Reg's corner » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:29 pm

We had a great group of players early 2000s. When it came to the crunch we met a slughtly better brazil team who had a gust if wind at the right time or went out on pens as we havnt got the technique.
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:34 pm

Reach for the Stars wrote:I thought Joe Gomez did great in both games and could be useful for England in the coming years. Without the friendly fixtures, the likes of him wouldn't get a chance.

Exactly. I am reading posts on here saying how bad we were. I was really encouraged. We have some fantastic young players. All they need is a chance with their club's.
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Well I am going to against the trend here and say that I actually quite enjoyed last nights game,

Lets give the England players some credit because both Brazil and Germany put out full strength sides against England teams that were playing mainly youngsters some of whom were making their England debuts and yet we didn't concede one goal.

Of course it wasn't the standard that you would like to see England play if that had been a tournament game but as a friendly I was not too disappointed. Maybe it helped that I was viewing the game as a chance for some talent of the future to show what they have got against one the worlds best teams and frankly I thought they did better than when we have put out a full senior side.

What I think puts last nights game into perspective is that in 2014 we were watching two of the England players Rubens Loftus-Cheek and Dominic Solanke playing at the EBB Stadium and now just three years later we are watching them playing for their country at Wembley and putting in a pretty good shift.
ritchie

Postby ritchie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:09 pm

Richard Petty wrote:Well I am going to against the trend here and say that I actually quite enjoyed last nights game,

Lets give the England players some credit because both Brazil and Germany put out full strength sides against England teams that were playing mainly youngsters some of whom were making their England debuts and yet we didn't concede one goal.

Of course it wasn't the standard that you would like to see England play if that had been a tournament game but as a friendly I was not too disappointed. Maybe it helped that I was viewing the game as a chance for some talent of the future to show what they have got against one the worlds best teams and frankly I thought they did better than when we have put out a full senior side.

What I think puts last nights game into perspective is that in 2014 we were watching two of the England players Rubens Loftus-Cheek and Dominic Solanke playing at the EBB Stadium and now just three years later we are watching them playing for their country at Wembley and putting in a pretty good shift.

The voice of reason.....
Alex

Postby Alex » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:20 pm

ritchie wrote:
Richard Petty wrote:Well I am going to against the trend here and say that I actually quite enjoyed last nights game,

The voice of reason.....

Nope

Holdsworth tactics

Be scared of the oppo, sit back and try to contain

2 0-0 draws... That's all you need to know :!:

Exciting :!:

Return to “ShotsTalk”