Ancient Shot

Re: World Cup Qualifying

Postby Ancient Shot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:42 pm

HAHAHAHA
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:52 pm

Your wish has come true Alex.
Odd not having the Italians at the World Cup.
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:53 pm

Mamma Mia, bastardo :x
lowerbourneshot

Postby lowerbourneshot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:01 pm

Let's hope Denmark complete a Scando double tomorrow night.
dalinz

Postby dalinz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:32 am

Be warned anyone who happens to be on hols in Italy during World Cup - you may find it difficult to find it shown on tv in bars.
Reminds me when I was touring Europe in 1992. They didn't qualify for Sweden Euros and were in denial that it was taking place. I managed to find a fast food place that had a tiny tv in the corner and watched our 1st match v Denmark I think. No beer & no goals either but numerous coffees!
For our 2nd match I decided to head up to Fiorentina's stadium and found their supporters bar. TVs everywhere but not showing football. After much persuasion barman Giovanni switched over with a grumble. The few locals in there cheered on France, of course, and we sat through another 0-0.
We moved on a few days later and the Eng v Swe match was equally hard to come by. By chance, met a chap from Bristol (gas I recall) who was working in a bar and sorted us out for our final game.
Suffice to say, although things maybe different 25yrs on, the Italians will most definitely be in a right hump over this and with their hand praying gesture will make things difficult. :D
Fuggletim

Postby Fuggletim » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:41 am

I was in Cephalonia during the last World Cup and was there during the time that both England and Italy went out. It was quite a contrast in a couple of bars in Fiskardo with the England fans laughing in one at the inevitable fact we had had a dismal World Cup and crashed out and the Italians wailing and crying in the one next door that theirs had been equally as dismal!
ganesh

Postby ganesh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:54 am

before we start crowing about the Italians - can we draw Sweden yet again? I'm not sure we'd do any better, remember we haven't beaten any one significant for years despite managing to qualify for the recent tournaments.

I think Gareth Southgate is saying all the right things - trying to get the youngsters in and maybe we ought to go to Russia with a very young squad just as Germany did when they played us off the park
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Lots of people off sick today thee thinks in the boot! :o
scorp

Postby scorp » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:33 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... -bierhoff/

The reader comments at the end are worth a read, too.
Aldershot Gas

Postby Aldershot Gas » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:02 pm

dalinz wrote:Be warned anyone who happens to be on hols in Italy during World Cup - you may find it difficult to find it shown on tv in bars.
Reminds me when I was touring Europe in 1992. They didn't qualify for Sweden Euros and were in denial that it was taking place. I managed to find a fast food place that had a tiny tv in the corner and watched our 1st match v Denmark I think. No beer & no goals either but numerous coffees!
For our 2nd match I decided to head up to Fiorentina's stadium and found their supporters bar. TVs everywhere but not showing football. After much persuasion barman Giovanni switched over with a grumble. The few locals in there cheered on France, of course, and we sat through another 0-0.
We moved on a few days later and the Eng v Swe match was equally hard to come by. By chance, met a chap from Bristol (gas I recall) who was working in a bar and sorted us out for our final game.
Suffice to say, although things maybe different 25yrs on, the Italians will most definitely be in a right hump over this and with their hand praying gesture will make things difficult. :D

Won't effect me - No plans to ever visit Italy - nation of "indoor sun glasses wearing t*ssers".........
Aldershot Gas

Postby Aldershot Gas » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:
dalinz wrote:Be warned anyone who happens to be on hols in Italy during World Cup - you may find it difficult to find it shown on tv in bars.

Won't effect me - No plans to ever visit Italy - nation of "indoor sun glasses wearing t*ssers".........Apart from the Rovers Matey :D
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:11 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:
Aldershot Gas wrote:

Won't effect me - No plans to ever visit Italy - nation of "indoor sun glasses wearing t*ssers".........Apart from the Rovers Matey :D

How about a sun glasser who wears a teddy bear shirt? 8)
scorp

Postby scorp » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:15 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:

Won't effect me - No plans to ever visit Italy - nation of "indoor sun glasses wearing t*ssers".........

friendly, laid back, unpushy people .. except maybe for soccer extremists in the big cities on match days lol. english quite widely spoken.
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:

Beautiful country, would recommend you take a trip to the Amalfi coast.

Stay in Sorrento and visit the towns of Positano, Amalfi and Ravello and you might just change your mind both about the country and its occupants

Return to “ShotsTalk”