Quiz Question 86/87 Season

Anon E Mouse

Re: Quiz Question 86/87 Season

Postby Anon E Mouse » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:28 pm

lowerbourneshot wrote:Mate of mine got hit on the side of the head by half a house brick

Were they called Ruth or Tyler ....o wrong thread 8)
80fc

Postby 80fc » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:31 pm

Tommy Langley was so knackered by the time he was with us I don't think he even trained during the week.Massive doses of painkilling injections on Matchday
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:40 pm

80fc wrote:Tommy Langley was so knackered by the time he was with us I don't think he even trained during the week.Massive doses of painkilling injections on Matchday

He relegated Grimsby the following year, they took it well, coins flying everywhere :lol:
Mick Earls Fan Club

Postby Mick Earls Fan Club » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
steveclivebaker wrote:How did we ever afford Tommy Langley,Bobby Barnes,Martin Foyle and Andy King on the same wage bill with
crowds around 3000.

Money wasn't that lunacy like in the 80's compared to now I suppose, 2 of those 4 were soon to be retiring but probably on good money compared to friar mazzon etc

In those days i think the football club had a successful weekly lottery. That supplemented club funds - it was before the national lottery. So that would have been another income stream.

Plus the players also used to get a percentage of the wages in fish (courtesy of the chairman) :wink:
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:44 pm

Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Disturbed Postie wrote:
steveclivebaker wrote:How did we ever afford Tommy Langley,Bobby Barnes,Martin Foyle and Andy King on the same wage bill with
crowds around 3000.

Money wasn't that lunacy like in the 80's compared to now I suppose, 2 of those 4 were soon to be retiring but probably on good money compared to friar mazzon etc

In those days i think the football club had a successful weekly lottery. That supplemented club funds - it was before the national lottery. So that would have been another income stream.

Plus the players also used to get a percentage of the wages in fish (courtesy of the chairman) :wink:

He was a good Sole.
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Disturbed Postie wrote:Money wasn't that lunacy like in the 80's compared to now I suppose, 2 of those 4 were soon to be retiring but probably on good money compared to friar mazzon etc

He was a good Sole.

Despite helping relegate the Mariners

Return to “ShotsTalk”