The Ashes

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 904
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: The Ashes

Postby Disturbed Postie » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Alex wrote:Not sure why you put 'oh dear' though :?:

We are doing ok. Could go either way still.

Coz he loves to utter those 2 words, he'll say it today when he sees me 8)
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: The Ashes

Postby Anon E Mouse » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Alistair Cook. What a waste of a place.
For the occasional decent knock he has so many single figure performances. Surely time up now ?
Alex
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Re: The Ashes

Postby Alex » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:03 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:Alistair Cook. What a waste of a place.
For the occasional decent knock he has so many single figure performances. Surely time up now ?


:shock: :shock:
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: The Ashes

Postby Anon E Mouse » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Alex wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:Alistair Cook. What a waste of a place.
For the occasional decent knock he has so many single figure performances. Surely time up now ?


:shock: :shock:


Why shock...the number of times he gets 2's and 7's. Really not good enough. Had his day. My opinion and I don't really watch, just see the scores.

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/player ... stair-cook

Out of his last 14 games apart from a 243 v a very poor Windies side he's had a 2, 7, 17' 11 etc Thats what I mean. Excellent in his day with a great average, but he is either great or very poor, doesn't seem to be very consistent recently.
Jimmy Riddle
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: The Ashes

Postby Jimmy Riddle » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:58 am

Re: The Ashes
Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:56 am
Oh dear.....

Don’t turn scores into 100’s and your up against it

Dear Alex,

I stand by my original ‘oh dear’ statement. If England want to save the Ashes they need to get the Ben Stokes ‘incident’ swept under the carpet pretty quickly.

Yours sincerely

James Riddle ( cricket expert).
Jimmy Riddle
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: The Ashes

Postby Jimmy Riddle » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:16 am

[quote="Jimmy Riddle"]Oh dear.....

Don’t turn scores into 100’s and your up against it
dalinz
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:26 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: The Ashes

Postby dalinz » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Ben Stokes currently trending on Twitter.

Been spotted at LHR...
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: The Ashes

Postby Anon E Mouse » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:47 pm

dalinz wrote:Ben Stokes currently trending on Twitter.

Been spotted at LHR...


Hopefully heading for Australia and not Tenerife. Possibly the difference.
Melbourne Red
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:06 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: The Ashes

Postby Melbourne Red » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:53 pm

Following England around in the ashes is a bit like following the shots around under Steve Wigley. I get excited and optimistic despite myself, only for it to come crashing down as the players chronically under-perform and I start to think I’m wasting my time. Major difference is that there are significantly more opposition supporters to point out that we’re rubbish...
Jimmy Riddle
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: The Ashes

Postby Jimmy Riddle » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:38 am

Oh dear again......
Aldershot_Rob
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:54 pm
Location: England

Re: The Ashes

Postby Aldershot_Rob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:17 am

Absolute ******* shambles again from England. The worst thing is , this is far from a great Australian team and yet we're being torn a new one.

Nice to know these guys don't have a backbone and when up against it they hide.

I thought Nathan Lyon was a joker when he said he wanted to end careers. Well, he has certainly helped make Root and co look like a bunch of unorganised, overrated and completely inept cricketers.
Alex
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Re: The Ashes

Postby Alex » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:30 am

Aldershot_Rob wrote:Absolute ******* shambles again from England. The worst thing is , this is far from a great Australian team and yet we're being torn a new one.

Nice to know these guys don't have a backbone and when up against it they hide.

I thought Nathan Lyon was a joker when he said he wanted to end careers. Well, he has certainly helped make Root and co look like a bunch of unorganised, overrated and completely inept cricketers.


Yup

Rubbish :!:
Disturbed Postie
Posts: 904
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: The Ashes

Postby Disturbed Postie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Is it gonna be a third 5-0 whitewash down under in 4 series?
Chobham Shot
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:30 pm

Re: The Ashes

Postby Chobham Shot » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:Is it gonna be a third 5-0 whitewash down under in 4 series?


Yes
Tongham Shots
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:23 pm

Re: The Ashes

Postby Tongham Shots » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:59 pm

Chobham Shot wrote:
Disturbed Postie wrote:Is it gonna be a third 5-0 whitewash down under in 4 series?


Yes


Thought this thread would be more upbeat after the boys' magnificent efforts today.
Still a long way to go but we're going to win 4-1. :lol: (copyright Barmy Army) :lol:

Return to “ShotsTalk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 25 guests