Undisclosed transfer fees

Birdman

Undisclosed transfer fees

Postby Birdman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:39 pm

Here's a list of this window's transfers. Although some fees are made public, there are 'quite a few' that are undisclosed so, not a situation that's unique to ATFC :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers
Aldershot Gas

Re: Undisclosed transfer fees

Postby Aldershot Gas » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Birdman wrote:Here's a list of this window's transfers. Although some fees are made public, there are 'quite a few' that are undisclosed so, not a situation that's unique to ATFC :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

Hi Mr Birdy - Sources close to me say the Mensah fee paid was £62k.....
ians

Postby ians » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:53 pm

I do think it’s time FIFA or whoever is responsible made it a requirement for all transfer agreements to be public as otherwise the sport can start to look a little shady, and let’s be honest football doesn’t have the greatest reputation!

That is in now way a criticism of our deals specifically.
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:
Birdman wrote:Here's a list of this window's transfers. Although some fees are made public, there are 'quite a few' that are undisclosed so, not a situation that's unique to ATFC :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

Yeah, but your missus doesn't count! :wink:
Ancient Shot

Postby Ancient Shot » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:04 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:

Sources close to me say it was £120,000

And they are both probably way off - actually, take probably out of that sentence
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:13 pm

ians wrote:I do think it’s time FIFA or whoever is responsible made it a requirement for all transfer agreements to be public as otherwise the sport can start to look a little shady, and let’s be honest football doesn’t have the greatest reputation!

So "Club A" offers "Club B" £50,000 for a player but the club selling the player looks back at the previous transactions for "Club A" and says hang on you have paid over £70,000 for the last three players that you bought and you just sold a player for £100,000 which means you must have money in the Bank. You can stick your offer of £50,000 we aren't letting you have him for less than £70,000, result an over inflated fee for the player or Club A decides they can no longer afford him.

Simplistic argument I accept but I think shows the potential for problems that can be caused by too much openness

In certain areas I think there is an argument for confidentiality and Player transfer fees in my opinion fall into that category
bordon shot

Postby bordon shot » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:32 pm

I prefer the old fashioned term for "undisclosed fee" ....." brown envelope " :wink:
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:41 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:

And yet according to this http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11450/berna ... ah?page=11 8 posts down, it was £90k. Who does one believe?
Aldershot Gas

Postby Aldershot Gas » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:44 pm

Birdman wrote:
Aldershot Gas wrote:

And yet according to this http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11450/berna ... ah?page=11 8 posts down, it was £90k. Who does one believe?

It was 62k, as said earlier.....
richnjulie

Postby richnjulie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:31 am

Richard Petty wrote:
ians wrote:I do think it’s time FIFA or whoever is responsible made it a requirement for all transfer agreements to be public as otherwise the sport can start to look a little shady, and let’s be honest football doesn’t have the greatest reputation!

So "Club A" offers "Club B" £50,000 for a player but the club selling the player looks back at the previous transactions for "Club A" and says hang on you have paid over £70,000 for the last three players that you bought and you just sold a player for £100,000 which means you must have money in the Bank. You can stick your offer of £50,000 we aren't letting you have him for less than £70,000, result an over inflated fee for the player or Club A decides they can no longer afford him.

Simplistic argument I accept but I think shows the potential for problems that can be caused by too much openness

In certain areas I think there is an argument for confidentiality and Player transfer fees in my opinion fall into that category

More than an argument it makes good business sense.
HackJowarth

Postby HackJowarth » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:51 am

I wonder what HMRC make of undisclosed fees?
margateshot

Postby margateshot » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:59 am

Why do we have this thread every time a player leaves the club. It has been explained why the club do this on every occasion. Richard has explained it again above. Gary will already be looking at players and other clubs knowing what we got for Bernard will put their prices up according to what we got for him. As for the HMRC, nobody is saying that it is undisclosed to them. Come on guys think about it.
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:31 pm

margateshot wrote:Why do we have this thread every time a player leaves the club. It has been explained why the club do this on every occasion. Richard has explained it again above. Gary will already be looking at players and other clubs knowing what we got for Bernard will put their prices up according to what we got for him. As for the HMRC, nobody is saying that it is undisclosed to them. Come on guys think about it.

As long as it all comes out in our accounts so that the shareholders can see it, I have no issues.

Looking forward to the quality replacement before the Ebbsfleet match.
ACA

Postby ACA » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:36 pm

HackJowarth wrote:I wonder what HMRC make of undisclosed fees?

Nothing much I imagine, it still has to go through a club's accounts.
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:39 pm

HackJowarth wrote:I wonder what HMRC make of undisclosed fees?

As undisclosed fees have been around for a fair while, I would suggest that the taxman doesn't have a problem with them. What's withheld from 'the public' doesn't mean that it's withheld from HRMC.

Return to “ShotsTalk”