Mensah - new question

somelikeithot

Mensah - new question

Postby somelikeithot » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:12 am

Is Mensah playing today?
If so, all the best to him - hopes he scores the winner just like our new signing.
Trust in Gary

Re: Mensah - new question

Postby Trust in Gary » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:47 am

I would be very surprised if he started but you never know in football
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:37 pm

His leg has been heavily strapped for the last few games and you could see he was struggling ( or maybe trying to avoid injury ahead of the big move, that was obviously turning his head understandably).

I suspect it's unlikely he will play today, as the delivery of Xtra Small shorts won't have arrived yet.
Ancient Shot

Postby Ancient Shot » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:His leg has been heavily strapped for the last few games and you could see he was struggling ( or maybe trying to avoid injury ahead of the big move, that was obviously turning his head understandably).

I suspect it's unlikely he will play today, as the delivery of Xtra Small shorts won't have arrived yet.

He didn't know about the move
80fc

Postby 80fc » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:His leg has been heavily strapped for the last few games and you could see he was struggling ( or maybe trying to avoid injury ahead of the big move, that was obviously turning his head understandably).

The interview on the BRistol site he implies that there were a number of clubs interested in him so I wonder if he did know that a move was in the offing, I'm guessing that his agent would be advising him. On a different note I think that he has been good to go now knowing we could get a fee rather than leaving in the summer for nothing. I realise we could do with him as a player.
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:05 pm

80fc wrote:
Ancient Shot wrote:

The interview on the BRistol site he implies that there were a number of clubs interested in him so I wonder if he did know that a move was in the offing, I'm guessing that his agent would be advising him. On a different note I think that he has been good to go now knowing we could get a fee rather than leaving in the summer for nothing. I realise we could do with him as a player.

This ^
Alex

Postby Alex » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:35 pm

somelikeithot wrote:Is Mensah playing today?
If so, all the best to him - hopes he scores the winner just like our new signing.

I don’t mean this to come across as rude but why would anyone on here know that on the morning of their match :?:
azthornton

Postby azthornton » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:05 pm

On the bench today wish him the best of luck
Mick Earls Fan Club

Postby Mick Earls Fan Club » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Benyu starts for Oldham home to Rotherham
James E

Postby James E » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:27 pm

"On a different note I think that he has been good to go now knowing we could get a fee rather than leaving in the summer for nothing."

Bernard will still be under 24 next summer, so we would have got a fee for him anyway, but probably a lower one as it could have been decided by a tribunal.
Charles Dickens

Postby Charles Dickens » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:40 pm

I don`t know whether Gary Waddock is urgently seeking a replacement for Bernard? However, our promotion prospects may as a result have becme less certain. In the meantime perhaps time for James Rowe to take his chance and plug the gap?
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:20 pm

Charles Dickens wrote:I don`t know whether Gary Waddock is urgently seeking a replacement for Bernard? However, our promotion prospects may as a result have becme less certain. In the meantime perhaps time for James Rowe to take his chance and plug the gap?

More like BJT plugging the wide role. Rowe is much better in the middle.
Alex

Postby Alex » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:27 pm

azthornton wrote:On the bench today wish him the best of luck

What a waste of ability and talent already!

0-0 away from home, need a goal or 2 to force a win, only 2 subs used but he stays on the bench unused.....
ACA

Postby ACA » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:43 pm

"New signing fails to make appearance in first fixture at club" is hardly a surprise... James Blanchfield was an unused sub against Maidstone, for instance.
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Alex wrote:
azthornton wrote:On the bench today wish him the best of luck

What a waste of ability and talent already!

0-0 away from home, need a goal or 2 to force a win, only 2 subs used but he stays on the bench unused.....

Seems like a waste, but often happens. The fact they failed to win might mean that he plays the next game though, and his shorts will have arrived by then.
The last thing you want is your shorts round your ankles in Blackpool.

Return to “ShotsTalk”