Post by Tiger131 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Thank you ..

brian bloomfield
Re: Shareholders Meeting

Post by brian bloomfield » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Tiger131 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:27 pm
How do you go about buying shares?
There are strict rules governing the circumstances in which a company can offer its private shares for sale to the public. It doesn't matter whether you're targeting individuals or firms and whether they're professional investors or not. The purpose of the rules is to protect investors from scams and excessive risk. Before you can offer shares to the general public you must register as a public company, which involves meeting various financial and governance conditions, and you must publish more complete financial information than a private company is required to do.
Write to the club and request to purchase shares

abee

Post by abee » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:41 am

Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:13 pm

abee is correct though that turnover is vanity and profit is sanity however when the turnover is not matched by an equal increase in costs then that is indeed the sanity that we are looking for.
I actually said that '.....cash is sanity' (not profit) but I agree with your general points.

Frankly for me it doesn't matter a toss if the club is making a paper loss (or profit) as long as the annual cash burn is underpinned and in this case it is by the board of directors statement that they are providing loans to ensure that the business remains a going concern and that they will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. That statement was was signed on January 25 2018 which should be good enough for all of us.

Richard (and others) are quite correct that other than agreeing on the 2017 loss at £116k there is not a great deal to be taken from the accounts lodged and on reflection we should probably just let the board get on with it.

BillB

Post by BillB » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:42 am

Tiger131 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:27 pm
How do you go about buying shares?
Don't buy shares in any company unless you are prepared and able to stand a 100% loss of your capital.....

WozzaSHOT

Post by WozzaSHOT » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:17 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:13 pm
We had the same set of figures so apologies for giving a false impression in my earlier post that they are shown in there. What I based my post on was that there was discussion during the AGM over the accounts and it was confirmed that the improved position of the club financially was largely due to (Quote) "An impressive 50% increase in turnover".

Getting Gary Waddock back resulting in the better than previously experienced performance on the pitch will have helped greatly with improved attendances and of course a bit more interest from sponsors to spend a little more which it seems the club has maximised as best they can.

abee is correct though that turnover is vanity and profit is sanity however when the turnover is not matched by an equal increase in costs then that is indeed the sanity that we are looking for.

Having shares even just £100 worth which is all I have at the moment does give you the chance to go to the Shareholders meeting and ask questions and you do get very open answers. I can understand why many who had shares in the old company might have been a bit reluctant to buy again when the current company launched but that's nearly 5 years ago so could be worth thinking about again. Something that I had a thought on is that a lot of people have donated to the 500 club which if we get promotion gives you an extra £100 back but maybe instead of taking the profit and just having a good night out on it perhaps it could be worth buying £100 worth of shares instead. That way you own a little bit of the club again and get to come to the shareholders meeting next year.
I believe it would be the clubs secretary which according to companies house is Edward John Denning.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:26 pm

John Denning is indeed the person who as Company Secretary would approve and sign off any share purchase but remember the directors of football Clubs are not on site every day as most of them have their own businesses to attend to. If you write to John Denning he will get it but not until he is next in so it could delay any response.

As Brian Bloomfield suggested in an earlier post write into the club and I would suggest address the Envelope "Share purchasing" or as many will prefer email in with the subject also titled "Share Purchasing" to admin@theshots.co.uk.

FloridaPhil

Post by FloridaPhil » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:31 am

So are the rumours of us being in trouble all untrue?

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:05 am

FloridaPhil wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:31 am
So are the rumours of us being in trouble all untrue?
On the face of it, looks like it’s untrue.
What we don’t know for this year is if the selling fees from Kanu and Mensah helped to pay off the £116k then did the 500 club money cover the Fowler, McDonnell and Kinsella signings ? I suspect not.
Also the resignation of the recent Director who seemed to be the one with the financial experience, might be of more important significance than we know ? We don’t know and probably won’t ever know the reason he left, but the club need people who are experienced in finance as well as running the football side.
We have to trust those in charge especially as there is very little info on these matters that come to the general supporters.
We just have to keep attending, buying shirts, and season tickets at a high price to give Gary and James a fighting chance of success, and help keep us afloat.

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:12 am

To quote Iain Ross when the news of his departure was announced

“It was a very hard decision,” admitted Iain (pictured above), “but sadly outside of my control. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as a Director of this wonderful Club, and will remain an active supporter. I wish the Club every success for the rest of this season and into the future and will be happy to help in whatever way I can.”

Which was part of a full announcement on The Tool

So hardly a case of "there is very little info on these matters that come to the general supporters"

FloridaPhil

Post by FloridaPhil » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:35 am

Isnt it worrying that Iain Ross says it was outside his control?

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:45 am

Why?

He has other business interests to look after so couldn't give the time to the Shots

He still comes to games and is still a fan and still offers to help

ACA

Post by ACA » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:03 am

Those who want to see conspiracy theories will always see them. First there was criticism for the fact a director resigned without any statement from the club. Then when the club do release a statement, it's picked apart so that it can be interpreted in the worst possible way. It seems some folk would rather believe the rantings of another club's manager on twitter!

Nobby

Post by Nobby » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:02 pm

200 or so words in The Tool announcement and around 60 in Ancient’s extract - yet Florida Phyllis manages to pick out the only 5 words which, taken completely out of context, might possibly put a negative spin on things.

Sorry - but what an absolute plum! :roll:

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Mr Ross has six directorships at the moment :- https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/offi ... pointments

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:51 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:12 am
To quote Iain Ross when the news of his departure was announced

“It was a very hard decision,” admitted Iain (pictured above), “but sadly outside of my control. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as a Director of this wonderful Club, and will remain an active supporter. I wish the Club every success for the rest of this season and into the future and will be happy to help in whatever way I can.”

Which was part of a full announcement on The Tool

So hardly a case of "there is very little info on these matters that come to the general supporters"
I did see that. Doesn’t tell you why though, that was the point I was trying to make. Perhaps you are only allowed to be a Director of a certain amount of companies at one time ?
Glad he is still a fan and is on the end of a phone for advise though.
Last edited by Anon E Mouse on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.