Match Day Thread vs DAGGERS

Fuggletim
Re: Match Day Thread vs DAGGERS

Post by Fuggletim » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Just enjoying a beer and the scoreline waiting for my flight to Manila! 8)

Norwich Nick

Post by Norwich Nick » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:25 pm

FT

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Superb!

Professional display with resolute (at times lucky) defending.

Bring on Macc and Wrexham :!:

Enjoyed watching that. Well done everyone :D

BillB

Post by BillB » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:40 pm

No tv and no radio for the last 15mins... A pull your hair out day.... If only I had some... Great win

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:44 pm

A good workman like performance. We got the 3 points, on to the next game!

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:51 pm

Norwich Nick wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:57 pm
Attendance 1509 inc 427 Shots
Felt like more than that, another great away day. Fowler and Evans were superb today, credit to Rendell as well with a goal and assist. First half D&R had plenty of the ball and territory but never tested Ward. We had one chance and took it. Second half we were much better deserved a second goal before we sat a bit deeper in the last 20. You would call it a professional away performance.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:56 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:51 pm
Norwich Nick wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:57 pm
Attendance 1509 inc 427 Shots
Felt like more than that, another great away day. Fowler and Evans were superb today, credit to Rendell as well with a goal and assist. First half D&R had plenty of the ball and territory but never tested Ward. We had one chance and took it. Second half we were much better deserved a second goal before we sat a bit deeper in the last 20. You would call it a professional away performance.
Watching it on the box, the away attendence looked about right. Agree about the 'professional' performance.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Yup agree re Shots following.

After a couple of minutes of first half coverage I called it as just under 500.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:33 pm

Wasn’t pretty at all, passing and ball retention were poor throughout and the back four rode their luck at times. D&R were dismal in the final third and an in-form team would have punished us. Manny was a yard off the pace and Rowe drifted right out of it second half. Great battling from Jim, Rens and Kinsella, two decent goals and great to see the injured players coming back.

Not sure what caused Manny and Okinbeyhre to have the fisticuffs at the end but amazing how quick Still was to get involved and to have a pop at Jim!

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:12 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:33 pm
Wasn’t pretty at all, passing and ball retention were poor throughout and the back four rode their luck at times. D&R were dismal in the final third and an in-form team would have punished us. Manny was a yard off the pace and Rowe drifted right out of it second half. Great battling from Jim, Rens and Kinsella, two decent goals and great to see the injured players coming back.

Not sure what caused Manny and Okinbeyhre to have the fisticuffs at the end but amazing how quick Still was to get involved and to have a pop at Jim!
But they weren’t in form and didn’t punish us!

Pretty sure it was Boucaud (ex Reading & Shots-loan midfielder) with Jim and Manny at the end.

Plastic shot

Post by Plastic shot » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Thought the game was like most have said, a professional performance & a very good away 3 points!! First half was just how we’d of wanted to start with an early goal & played some decent stuff at times! The 2nd half started in similar fashion, then we kinda sat back and allowed D&R to get more of a foothold on the game, with some misplaced passing and hurried clearances!!
At times,the back four were overloaded once Jim and Manny went off & we kind of lost our way a little! There were times where our defence had 6-7 players running at them in behind our midfield!!
Well done to the back five on shutting them out!!!
I’m Happy with that today!!
The fracas was caused by the lad Boucaud stepped on Manny’s foot and grabbed him by his neck!!
Think it was Kellerman who had words with Still, with the Dagenham manager wanting to square up to our lad!!!
Some great performances out there, but thought Evans was the standout!!!

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:23 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:33 pm

I know after the home game Manny had words with the recently departed Morgan Ferrier after he was giving it the biggun and calling the north stand a bunch of people that sexually relieve themselves.

It sounded like at the time Manny said they were lucky to get a draw which Ferrier responded we will see where you are next year. So I’m now wondering even though ferrier isn’t there whether Manny made some comment regarding Daggers downfall since then.

scorp

Post by scorp » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Pleased for Aberdeen that he found his way to the Shots fans after 30 mins not with them. Must have been the jetlag from his trip trip from Scotland.
Last edited by scorp on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rocky

Post by rocky » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:12 pm

BillB wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:40 pm
No tv and no radio for the last 15mins... A pull your hair out day.... If only I had some... Great win
You just made me feel better. The eager anticipation over the last couple of months of seeing the Shots live on my TV in the States and I fell asleep with 20 minutes to go. I woke up sometime later and the game feed was trying to refresh showing 75 or so minutes on the time clock. Now I know I didn't miss much. This after rooting for the team in Red and Blue for most of the first half until I saw the front of the light blue shirts and realized they were the Shots.. Old age is confusing at times.

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:26 pm

What happened at the end