Reg's corner wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:26 pm
What happened at the end
handbags.
just some pushing and shoving.

aldershot-jg
Re: Match Day Thread vs DAGGERS

Post by aldershot-jg » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:24 pm

Watching the recording of the game, so far we got a bit of luck with the header ruled out for offside, the official got it wrong. The official was quite soft on two incidents for Dagenham. Boucard looked like he went in two footed early on and then their player looks like he kicked out at Kellermann.

Warnboro of the South

Post by Warnboro of the South » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:52 pm

Just got back and that was some performance on a heavy pitch with the wind creating unpredictable movement of the ball.

How strong were we? Tremendous effort and another great night to be proud of the Mighty Shots in Essex. Volume from the away end weren't bad either.

Keep supporting, keep believing and the boys deserve a big, positive backing versus The Macc.

We're Still on our way!

SATS!

RuislipShot

Post by RuislipShot » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:27 am

Still trying to explain to the wife why I'm so drink, might as well take it and smile, oh yeah I am

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:47 am

aldershot-jg wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:24 pm
Watching the recording of the game, so far we got a bit of luck with the header ruled out for offside, the official got it wrong. The official was quite soft on two incidents for Dagenham. Boucard looked like he went in two footed early on and then their player looks like he kicked out at Kellermann.
Poor officiating....well I never :oops:
Was once again embarrassing at times for both sides.
Let’s hope we get a good one next week for the Macc game.

Pip@B

Post by Pip@B » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:30 am

Commentators mentioned Shots fans were so loud they thought they were the home crowd!Well done to those that travelled!

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:42 am

Pip@B wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:30 am
Commentators mentioned Shots fans were so loud they thought they were the home crowd!Well done to those that travelled!
Some of the neutrals probably thought what amazing support Dagenham had , singing Red and Blue Army at high volume.
But where were the Dagenham fans ?? At the Olympic stadium earlier in the afternoon I suspect.
Embarrassing numbers from them.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:57 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:42 am
Pip@B wrote:
Some of the neutrals probably thought what amazing support Dagenham had , singing Red and Blue Army at high volume.
But where were the Dagenham fans ?? At the Olympic stadium earlier in the afternoon I suspect.
You make it sound like there were hundreds of them missing!

Reality is they very rarely get more than 1000-1200 in the home ends...

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:49 am

Alex wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:57 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Pip@B wrote:

They have had more and seem to if West Ham aren’t playing. It was also on the TV so you’d of thought they would have wanted to show their support.
Obviously not. Just a small club that looks to be sliding into the Abyss.
Nice stand though. You can see why they give it up to away fans now.

Warnboro of the South

Post by Warnboro of the South » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:16 am

Respect please to The Daggers.

They and their supporters have had a torrid week. Their team were very competitive and were trying to play nice football in difficult conditions encouraged by no doubt their normal fanbase.

We have won nothing yet but we are on another Fan-tastic Shots journey. Enjoying the ride.

Weybourne Shot

Post by Weybourne Shot » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:23 am

Been to Daggers many times and don't recall them ever being very vocal even the year they won the league in 2007. Hard for them because they are right in prime Hammers territory and the club is basically an amalgamation of several non league teams.
Replayed the game when I got back have to say our support sounded really loud and relentless it must be a big help to our players to have such backing throughout the game. As for the game itself well we deserved the win, lots of good performances throughout the team once again. The new players Kinsella and Mcquoid have settled really well on the left and with Mcdonell in there as well we look strong in that area. Daggers were certainly up for it and played at high tempo in the first half but they were never going to keep it up for 90 minutes. They did threaten at times with some good approach play but Ward never had a save to make really. Special mention for Fowler who gets better every time I see him such composure for a young player and he reads the game so well. In the right place yet again to clear off the line at an important time in the match, just like he did at Woking. And in games like yesterday we saw how important Scott Rendell is to us. We look a real team now with everyone putting in a shift.

shotsfantic

Post by shotsfantic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:15 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:49 am
Alex wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:57 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:

They have had more and seem to if West Ham aren’t playing. It was also on the TV so you’d of thought they would have wanted to show their support.
Obviously not. Just a small club that looks to be sliding into the Abyss.
Nice stand though. You can see why they give it up to away fans now.
The away fan's are paying for the stand with their entrance fee, once it's payed for it will become a home stand/end, this was their boards plan from the start

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:58 am

aldershot-jg wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:24 pm
I thought it was difficult to judge as to whether it was offside or not. The camera wasn't near enough in line with the incident (when the ball was played to their player) before he crossed it for the header. I think that we've seen on tv when things look onside but are then shown (with the benefit of slo-mo and freeze frame) to be offside. I fully accept that tv's also shown decisions the other way.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Warnboro of the South wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:16 am

They and their supporters have had a torrid week. Their team were very competitive and were trying to play nice football in difficult conditions encouraged by no doubt their normal fanbase.

We have won nothing yet but we are on another Fan-tastic Shots journey. Enjoying the ride.
No criticism of the Daggers team. Thought they worked hard but needed a finisher (probably one of the ones that left).
Just though the fans were poor with a little pocket intent on trying to goad us rather than watch or support their team, and who seemed to disappear off as soon as they went two down.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:10 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:53 pm
Warnboro of the South wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:16 am

No criticism of the Daggers team. Thought they worked hard but needed a finisher (probably one of the ones that left).
Just though the fans were poor with a little pocket intent on trying to goad us rather than watch or support their team, and who seemed to disappear off as soon as they went two down.
When they did make a bit of noise I could barely hear them the away support was that loud. 427 there. Can only imagine how much noise the 1200 made at Orient the other week. TOD still to do and I have a feeling Tranmere away is going to have that Torquay feel about it.

Looks like things will get tougher for the daggers, that will apparently be Michael Cheek’s last game for them, Sutton being his likely destination as Doswell mentioned during the week that they made an offer for a striker.