Match Day Thread vs DAGGERS

Alex
Re: Match Day Thread vs DAGGERS

Post by Alex » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:33 pm

Cheek didn’t look great last night.

I’d rather have Okenabirhie or Whiteley!

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:36 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:58 am
aldershot-jg wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:24 pm
Watching the recording of the game, so far we got a bit of luck with the header ruled out for offside, the official got it wrong. The official was quite soft on two incidents for Dagenham. Boucard looked like he went in two footed early on and then their player looks like he kicked out at Kellermann.
I thought it was difficult to judge as to whether it was offside or not. The camera wasn't near enough in line with the incident (when the ball was played to their player) before he crossed it for the header. I think that we've seen on tv when things look onside but are then shown (with the benefit of slo-mo and freeze frame) to be offside. I fully accept that tv's also shown decisions the other way.
Rewatching again in slower motion and you are right that the camera angle makes it harder to say with 100% certainty whether it was on or offside. Trying to judge by pitch markings, and he might have been a leg offside, it was a tight decision that went in our favour.

alexjames

Post by alexjames » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 pm

A correction to the attendance numbers is required.

I turned up somewhat late and got let in for free. Thus plus one for overall/away support numbers.

Excellent performance in a tricky environment.

Is it too early to look forward to a resumption of the Hampshire derby? I've dragged myself to that vileness called Fratton Park far too many times in my regular capacity as an Arsenal supporter. Quite how that pile of poo survived for so long in the PL is well beyond my understanding. Having watched the mighty Arsenal beat them a few times, I need to see The Shots do the same. I managed something similar a few weeks ago at Orient. My one and only previous trip there, in Arsenal supporting mode, was for a crap draw in the FAC a few years ago. Ergo, the Shots are better than Arsenal. Nice idea,isn't it.

James Frazer

Post by James Frazer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:19 pm

scorp

Post by scorp » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:41 pm

alexjames wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 pm
A correction to the attendance numbers is required.

I turned up somewhat late and got let in for free. Thus plus one for overall/away support numbers.

Excellent performance in a tricky environment.

Is it too early to look forward to a resumption of the Hampshire derby? I've dragged myself to that vileness called Fratton Park far too many times in my regular capacity as an Arsenal supporter. Quite how that pile of poo survived for so long in the PL is well beyond my understanding. Having watched the mighty Arsenal beat them a few times, I need to see The Shots do the same. I managed something similar a few weeks ago at Orient. My one and only previous trip there, in Arsenal supporting mode, was for a crap draw in the FAC a few years ago. Ergo, the Shots are better than Arsenal. Nice idea,isn't it.
Whet your appetite :D From 2014 ... Aldershot v Pompey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nigsnq9tKHc

The preceding game --- Pompey v The Shots https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1_aLUAMg8Y

Weybourne Shot

Post by Weybourne Shot » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:24 pm

Corey Whitely the latest to leave the Daggers .....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43086461

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:07 pm

Weybourne Shot wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:24 pm
Corey Whitely the latest to leave the Daggers .....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43086461
Imploding :(