2nd Favourites

Cph.shots
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by Cph.shots » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:50 am

I've been ahving a look at the run ins and i think our's looks the toughest, Tranmere and maccelsfield have it pretty easy on paper.
Obviousley it's a matter of us doing as good as we can and not worrying about the others.
It would be good for my nerves if it was done and dusted as soon as possible.

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:10 am

Cph.shots wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:50 am
I've been ahving a look at the run ins and i think our's looks the toughest, Tranmere and maccelsfield have it pretty easy on paper.
Obviousley it's a matter of us doing as good as we can and not worrying about the others.
It would be good for my nerves if it was done and dusted as soon as possible.
We tend to play better v the better teams plus the lower teams will be fighting.
The teams you want are the ones already on their summer holidays with nothing to play for.

BillB
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Location: Back on the road again
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by BillB » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:55 am

One game at the time Lord Garry, one game at the time........................

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:25 am
Lazio wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:53 pm
My money is on Fylde to win the league, and I still think they will.
They are a threat but I reckon it might be a season too soon for them.
Would be fantastic for southern 4th tier clubs to have another north west money club with their hordes of away support at their ground next season instead of the likes of Tranmere Wrexham or of course ourselves!

aldershot-jg
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by aldershot-jg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:17 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:50 am
I've been ahving a look at the run ins and i think our's looks the toughest, Tranmere and maccelsfield have it pretty easy on paper.
Obviousley it's a matter of us doing as good as we can and not worrying about the others.
It would be good for my nerves if it was done and dusted as soon as possible.
On paper we had a tough run in last season, tougher than Barrow and Dover if I remember rightly. But we kept picking up points and putting on pressure to the point that Dover tried to park the bus when they played us realising that we were their biggest threat.

Alex
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by Alex » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:08 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:17 pm
Cph.shots wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:50 am
I've been ahving a look at the run ins and i think our's looks the toughest, Tranmere and maccelsfield have it pretty easy on paper.
Obviousley it's a matter of us doing as good as we can and not worrying about the others.
It would be good for my nerves if it was done and dusted as soon as possible.
On paper we had a tough run in last season, tougher than Barrow and Dover if I remember rightly. But we kept picking up points and putting on pressure to the point that Dover tried to park the bus when they played us realising that we were their biggest threat.
Everyone has a tough run-in. No game is easy. All to play for!

Aldershot_Rob
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: England
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:33 pm

I can't believe Sutton are favourites. Wrexham or Tranmere will win it unless we do.

Oliver11
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:22 pm
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by Oliver11 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:32 pm

Probably after Sutton's draw against Barrow dare I say we are the bookies favourites.....

Long way to go but promotion however it comes would be more than enough for me!

scorp
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by scorp » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:36 am

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:59 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:25 am
Lazio wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:53 pm
My money is on Fylde to win the league, and I still think they will.
They are a threat but I reckon it might be a season too soon for them.
Would be fantastic for southern 4th tier clubs to have another north west money club with their hordes of away support at their ground next season instead of the likes of Tranmere Wrexham or of course ourselves!
Like Accrington Stanley ;) - in 3rd place last week and managed less than 1300 at a home game. Some of those would have been away supporters.

Trust in Gary
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:24 pm
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by Trust in Gary » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:53 am

Sutton out to 9/4 favourites still we are into 11/4 now. Tranmere Wrexham 4/1

Fuggletim
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by Fuggletim » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:03 am

But if Sutton don't do anything about their pitch, winning the title has little meaning.

Birdman
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by Birdman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 am

Fuggletim wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:03 am
But if Sutton don't do anything about their pitch, winning the title has little meaning.
Yes but, just think about the deprived children who won't be able to use the pitch if Sutton reverted to grass.
Mmm, 'promotion or deprived children, deprived children or promotion'. What a quandary to be in.

steveclivebaker
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:58 am
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by steveclivebaker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 am

Very confusing all this how can it be fair to 21 national sides that if 1 of the 3 plastic teams
win the league only 1 team will relegated from league 2.

Fuggletim
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by Fuggletim » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:44 am

Birdman wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 am
Fuggletim wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:03 am
But if Sutton don't do anything about their pitch, winning the title has little meaning.
Yes but, just think about the deprived children who won't be able to use the pitch if Sutton reverted to grass.
Mmm, 'promotion or deprived children, deprived children or promotion'. What a quandary to be in.
Reminds me of that line in "Only Fools and Horses" where someone asks Rodney if he prefers grass or AstroTurf! To which he replies "I don't know; I have never smoked AstroTurf!" :lol:

scorp
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: 2nd Favourites

Post by scorp » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Fuggletim wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:44 am
Birdman wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 am
Fuggletim wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:03 am
But if Sutton don't do anything about their pitch, winning the title has little meaning.
Yes but, just think about the deprived children who won't be able to use the pitch if Sutton reverted to grass.
Mmm, 'promotion or deprived children, deprived children or promotion'. What a quandary to be in.
Reminds me of that line in "Only Fools and Horses" where someone asks Rodney if he prefers grass or AstroTurf! To which he replies "I don't know; I have never smoked AstroTurf!" :lol:

lol! And here's a 31 second clip of that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSs2Rk-_dP4


Post Reply