New home Shirt...

CH
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by CH » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:41 pm

As it's being advertised as the 2018-19 home shirt, does that mean it will only be in use 1 season?

Alex
Posts: 454
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by Alex » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:45 pm

sgibbs wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:15 am
Alex wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:50 am
Anyone else keep getting a PayPal error message when trying to pre-order online?
I've gone right through to the final screen before clicking 'pay now' and had no problems - is that where your order crashed, Alex? Let us know, we'll look into it
Working fine now and I’ve ordered. I guess earlier could have been due to high volume of people doing the same?

Thank you for checking Steve.

shots1965
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma usa
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by shots1965 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:42 pm

Checkered,red and blue would have looked cool

Like Croatia colours..

COYS

Fuggletim
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by Fuggletim » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:06 pm

My favourite kit is still the one from the late 90s with the ascending red,white and blue stripes (Gary Abbot era). I like the new kit though. Got quite excited about the embroidered crest, but was hoping it would be the full colour one from the era above,

Lovely bit of artwork!

PAUL BLUNDELL
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:51 pm
Location: WINCHFIELD, HAMPSHIRE.
Contact:
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:13 pm

We have a new shirt, why would we have an old full colour badge when our current badge is blue? One thing is I didn't see 3 strips down the arm. I do hope there is. Perhaps it's the angle the photo was taken.

Fuggletim
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by Fuggletim » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:18 pm

Well Paul, you could equally say why did the full colour crest vanish in the first place to be replaced by the blue and white version?

I suspect cost of production was the main factor. Very smart,nevertheless and I miss it!

stevieshot
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Guildford
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by stevieshot » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:18 pm

PAUL BLUNDELL wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:13 pm
We have a new shirt, why would we have an old full colour badge when our current badge is blue? One thing is I didn't see 3 strips down the arm. I do hope there is. Perhaps it's the angle the photo was taken.
The 3 thicker stripes run from the armpit down the sides.

Jason
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:18 pm
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by Jason » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Fuggletim wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:18 pm
Well Paul, you could equally say why did the full colour crest vanish in the first place to be replaced by the blue and white version?

I suspect cost of production was the main factor. Very smart,nevertheless and I miss it!
Tim, I seem to remember the badge was changed to the current one because of copyright issues, which was a shame because the old coloured badge was amazing.

Perhaps my memory is wrong, but I seem to recall that for some reason.

PAUL BLUNDELL
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:51 pm
Location: WINCHFIELD, HAMPSHIRE.
Contact:
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:25 pm

Hey, I loved the full colour version too, in fact I had it tattooed on my arm, but times move on, sometimes not always for the best. Shame the 3 strips are not on the arm, but the shirt is really nice anyway. Hope we sell loads. I do belive too that the old one was not copyrighted, that's why so many people put it on their badges and get away with it. I hope the new one is copyrighted.

PAUL BLUNDELL
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:51 pm
Location: WINCHFIELD, HAMPSHIRE.
Contact:
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:27 pm

All thanks go to Mr Arthur English, god bless him.

Birdman
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by Birdman » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:46 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:52 am
Too much blue in shirt, prefer the real old 60's look of red shirts with just blue trim, blue shorts with red trim and red socks with blue trim.

Call me old fashioned if you like :lol:
Just for you, JR :- http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aldershot/Aldershot.htm

slaphead
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:55 pm
Location: Basingstoke
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by slaphead » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:56 pm

The 63-70 one remains my favourite, red shirt, blue trim, white shorts. For me, those will always be the proper Aldershot colours. Not keen on the new one myself, too much blue for my liking.

James Frazer
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:25 pm
Location: Alexandra Park
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by James Frazer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:20 pm

slaphead wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:56 pm
The 63-70 one remains my favourite, red shirt, blue trim, white shorts. For me, those will always be the proper Aldershot colours. Not keen on the new one myself, too much blue for my liking.
Ditto. Superbly modelled by Jack Howarth, Jimmy Giles, & Co.

Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Now you see I'm more of a late 80's man kit wise, mixing too much blue into the shirt is sacrilege in my mind.

As I said to Hugo Boss only the other day, red and blue only leads to mauve and that aint good.

COYS

Richard Petty
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: New home Shirt...

Post by Richard Petty » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:24 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:21 pm
Now you see I'm more of a late 80's man kit wise, mixing too much blue into the shirt is sacrilege in my mind.

As I said to Hugo Boss only the other day, red and blue only leads to mauve and that aint good.

COYS
Unless it leads to us having a "Purple patch" on the pitch

(For the benefit of any youngsters who may not know the expression a Purple patch means a run of success or good luck)


Post Reply