Pivotal week coming up

Post Reply
Reach for the Stars
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:21 pm
Location: Pagham (wear the fox hat....)
Pivotal week coming up

Post by Reach for the Stars » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:19 pm

Some key fixtures this week with sides around us playing each other. Let's all get on the East Bank on Tuesday and get behind the lads. Beat Gateshead and dirty Barrow and we will be in great shape

steveclivebaker
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:58 am
Re: Pivotal week coming up

Post by steveclivebaker » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:05 pm

3 wins = 3rd place its in our own hands.

Mick Earls Fan Club
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:54 am
Location: Elvetham Heath , Fleet
Re: Pivotal week coming up

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:07 pm

Since we've been back in this division points for 3rd and 7th as below

16/17 3rd FGR 86pts
7th Barrow 75pts

15/16 3rd Braintree 81pts
7th Eastleigh 75pts

14/15 3rd Grimsby 86pts
7th Woking 76pts

13/14 3rd Gateshead 79pts
7th Kidderminster 72pts

lowerbourneshot
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: The Ex Legion now Lower Bourne Social Club
Re: Pivotal week coming up

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:37 am

steveclivebaker wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:05 pm
3 wins = 3rd place its in our own hands.
Sorry SCB it ain't gonna happen.

Warnboro of the South
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:44 am
Location: The South
Re: Pivotal week coming up

Post by Warnboro of the South » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:17 pm

Andy, hope to see you Tuesday night. Safe trip up to The Rec.

SATS!

team from clanmell
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:44 pm
Re: Pivotal week coming up

Post by team from clanmell » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:38 pm

Keep calm.....Aldershot will be in the play offs, gut tells me its your season......lowerbourne....unlike you as you are normally so positive, why the sudden change ? Is it just passion ?

steveshot
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:41 pm
Re: Pivotal week coming up

Post by steveshot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:48 pm

West Brom beat United today at Old Trafford! Wouldnt have thought that possible. WE MUST get to playoffs as on the day we could do it. Now back to my bread n butter pudding.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Pivotal week coming up

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Their recent record at old Trafford is quite good surprisingly!

Stenhouse
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:58 am
Location: Farnborough
Re: Pivotal week coming up

Post by Stenhouse » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:12 pm

As others have said - its all in our own hands. Recently, we appear to have been too afraid of our opposition, appear to be playing negatively, tippy tappy football at the back. We need to take this glorious opportunity to be entirely positive in all of the games that we have left - what have we got to lose? :D

TracoShot
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 pm
Re: Pivotal week coming up

Post by TracoShot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:38 pm

Whatever our points of view (and there are many differing ones on here) the only thing that matters now are the results on the pitch in the next three games. Two of these are at home and at the other there will be a big away support. This means that as supporters we have a role to play. The team isn't playing as well as we or they would like but having a moan at every missed placed pass or shot sure as hell isn't going to help. Let's back the boys 100 per cent unreservedly over the next three games and see where it takes us. There will be plenty of times to pick the bones out of the season once it is over but for now let's forget that and sing our hearts out for the lads. Sometimes we forget how lucky we are. There is still everything to play for this season. COYS.

steveclivebaker
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:58 am
Re: Pivotal week coming up

Post by steveclivebaker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:26 pm

TracoShot wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:38 pm
Whatever our points of view (and there are many differing ones on here) the only thing that matters now are the results on the pitch in the next three games. Two of these are at home and at the other there will be a big away support. This means that as supporters we have a role to play. The team isn't playing as well as we or they would like but having a moan at every missed placed pass or shot sure as hell isn't going to help. Let's back the boys 100 per cent unreservedly over the next three games and see where it takes us. There will be plenty of times to pick the bones out of the season once it is over but for now let's forget that and sing our hearts out for the lads. Sometimes we forget how lucky we are. There is still everything to play for this season. COYS.
Best post of the weekend Traco.

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 566
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Pivotal week coming up

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:41 pm

steveclivebaker wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:26 pm
TracoShot wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:38 pm
Whatever our points of view (and there are many differing ones on here) the only thing that matters now are the results on the pitch in the next three games. Two of these are at home and at the other there will be a big away support. This means that as supporters we have a role to play. The team isn't playing as well as we or they would like but having a moan at every missed placed pass or shot sure as hell isn't going to help. Let's back the boys 100 per cent unreservedly over the next three games and see where it takes us. There will be plenty of times to pick the bones out of the season once it is over but for now let's forget that and sing our hearts out for the lads. Sometimes we forget how lucky we are. There is still everything to play for this season. COYS.
Best post of the weekend Traco.
You’d like to believe that we will finish the job. Would be hugely disappointing if we can’t.
Goals are a real concern but will be giving it the full support over the next 3 games and hoping for the best.
COYS. Fight for every ball. Shoot when you can. They can’t score if we have the ball in their half.
Keep the faith. Don’t undo all the seasons efforts.


Post Reply