Tuesday

Alex
Tuesday

Post by Alex » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:07 pm

We really need to start on the front foot and try to score an early goal.

Too many home games recently our oppo have been brighter, quicker and dare I say this more up for it from kick off.

A good tempo and early breakthrough will help players, management and us supporters!

Anon E Mouse
Re: Tuesday

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Alex wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:07 pm
We really need to start on the front foot and try to score an early goal.

Too many home games recently our oppo have been brighter, quicker and dare I say this more up for it from kick off.

A good tempo and early breakthrough will help players, management and us supporters!
You are not wrong Alex.

CH

Post by CH » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:44 pm

I realise this won't happen, but I'd love to see us set up with an attacking 3-4-3 formation and really go at them. See if can catch Gateshead by surprise and kick-start our form.

Completely agree that a fast start does seem pivotal to our overall performance as sides that set up to frustrate and nullify us rarely fail to do so.

Ward

Evans
Fowler
Reynolds

Taylor
Oyeleke
Gallagher (McDonnell if injured)
Kinsella

Fenelon
Rendell (Kabamba if injured)
McClure

ChinehamShot

Post by ChinehamShot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:24 pm

Yes, agree with Alex.
So wish we could improve as an attacking force. As others have said elsewhere, we seem to have lost our way in front of goal since the New Year.
Personally, I think we have the makings of a great team, but like a jigsaw puzzle, we are missing the final few pieces to slot it all together. If only we could get the personnel in to support our existing striker(s), tweak the tactics a bit and shoot on sight, then I think we would be where Macclesfield are.
If we can't score the goals, I fear we won't hold our own in the playoffs, assuming we still reach them. Do hope it doesn't come to that and we rediscover some attacking flair.

SW Shot

Post by SW Shot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Need to play 2 up top and go at them, Gateshead are no mugs - they gave Tranmere a better game last week than we did yesterday.
I'd go with:
Ward

Cheye
Evans
Reynolds
Kinsella

Fenelon
Oyeleke
Kellerman
BJT

Rendell
McClure