The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post Reply
CH
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Aldershot
The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by CH » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Not sure if this is a wind up but seems we were only one place short of receiving an invite.

Newly expanded it now seems invites go to the 3rd and 4th placed National League sides (Sutton and Boreham Wood)

Bullet dodged, not sure I'd like the fixture congestion or the logistics of an away gameat Inverurie loco works....

RuislipShot
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:36 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
Re: The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by RuislipShot » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:45 pm

That would be fun, some new places to visit

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:54 pm

Absolute nonsense idea, a pre season 2 or 3 match tour up there sounds nice but a cup competition, no!

RuislipShot
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:36 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
Re: The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by RuislipShot » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:16 pm

That's how they might organise it, with luck

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:55 pm

Also a nice £150 train ticket up to Scotland unless someone’s mad or keen enough to drive at short notice!

Lazio
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Re: The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by Lazio » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:05 pm

Good idea be great if one of the others dont take up the offer.

RuislipShot
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:36 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
Re: The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by RuislipShot » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:30 pm

Just came back from Edinburgh, £45 return for weekend. If booked early enough. As long as the fixtures were published in plenty of time

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:34 pm

It will be short notice and trains usually more expensive in July and August

RuislipShot
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:36 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
Re: The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by RuislipShot » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:40 pm

Probably right about short notice. Trains are same price all Year round, you just have to get in early to get the few cheap tickets that are available.

Fuggletim
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by Fuggletim » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:53 pm

IRN-BRu Scottish Challenge Cup? Have they changed the recipe? Oh, and for Gawd's sake don't let Stenhouse see this post as it may bring hope of a game v the Blue Brazil one day! :lol:

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:15 pm

What next? Players with pink hair, yellow shirts and wearing green trousers!

Aldershot Gas
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:32 pm
Re: The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by Aldershot Gas » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:15 pm

I can think of a few on here that would absolutely LOVE a pre-season trip to the likes of Alloa, Striling and Montrose !!!!

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:22 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:15 pm
I can think of a few on here that would absolutely LOVE a pre-season trip to the likes of Alloa, Striling and Montrose !!!!
Yes agree with that as you’ll have a bit of notice and can plan it but having one or two English clubs playing up there in a competition is strange!

Aldershot Gas
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:32 pm
Re: The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by Aldershot Gas » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:28 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:22 pm
Aldershot Gas wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:15 pm
I can think of a few on here that would absolutely LOVE a pre-season trip to the likes of Alloa, Striling and Montrose !!!!
Yes agree with that as you’ll have a bit of notice and can plan it but having one or two English clubs playing up there in a competition is strange!
Haven't they invited half of Wales and Northern Ireland in their other competition tho ??

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: The IRN-BRU Scottish Challenge Cup

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:28 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:22 pm
Aldershot Gas wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:15 pm
I can think of a few on here that would absolutely LOVE a pre-season trip to the likes of Alloa, Striling and Montrose !!!!
Yes agree with that as you’ll have a bit of notice and can plan it but having one or two English clubs playing up there in a competition is strange!
Haven't they invited half of Wales and Northern Ireland in their other competition tho ??
Yes there was a handful of Irish and Welsh clubs playing in a Scottish cup early last season


Post Reply