Post by supershots » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:40 pm

Nice pictures - who ate all the pies comes to mind :lol:

Anon E Mouse
Re: Action at The Rec last month

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:04 pm

supershots wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:40 pm
Nice pictures - who ate all the pies comes to mind :lol:
Couldn’t really focus on the piece due to all those flipping pop ups and adverts.
Ruined that site.
Still if it makes us money from those that do use it.

Ecuador17

Post by Ecuador17 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Use Adblock Plus to stop ads appearing.

I use it, and clicking on the link provided, only pictures appear.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:51 pm

I am not a fan of ads in the middle of articles and hate reading newspaper sites because of them but I am surprised at how people are reacting to the ones on the clubs website. They don't slow up the page loading and don't have any graphics or films running so they aren't exactly distracting.

In the case of this particular news article there is just one static advert in between the 2nd and the 3rd paragraph, which in my case is telling me just how much I need a new Patio awning (which I don't) but it hasn't spoilt my reading of the article.

slaphead

Post by slaphead » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:11 am

Richard Petty wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:51 pm
I am not a fan of ads in the middle of articles and hate reading newspaper sites because of them but I am surprised at how people are reacting to the ones on the clubs website. They don't slow up the page loading and don't have any graphics or films running so they aren't exactly distracting.

In the case of this particular news article there is just one static advert in between the 2nd and the 3rd paragraph, which in my case is telling me just how much I need a new Patio awning (which I don't) but it hasn't spoilt my reading of the article.
I predominantly use my IPhone to browse the net these days, and the ads make the official site pretty much unreadable, so I now no longer bother. Newspaper sites are the same, so they get the elbow too, not that many of them are worth reading.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Fair point Slaps, I am always using a Laptop as I have an aversion to Smartphones and still use a normal mobile phone. I am guessing that Smartphones must open web pages in a different way.

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:52 pm

Unusable on mine

and considering the majority of people use their phone for everything not a good way to get "hits" (which I believe many advertising deals are based on)

RipleyShots

Post by RipleyShots » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:24 pm

Evening all,

Having seen the advert on the website, I took the club up on the offer of renting the pitch. I have been a Shots fan since I was 10, and couldn’t possibly turn down this opportunity. I need to say a huge thanks to James Moyle at the club who completed the booking and helped with all my requests and requirements.

I arranged a charity game between the company I work for, Camberley Audi, against a friends dealership, Basingstoke Volkswagen. All of this was in aid of Children in Need. We had a fantastic evening and have so far raised almost £750. Donations are still available to be made through www.justgiving.com/fundraising/camberleyaudifc or by texting CAFC50 £5 to 70070.

If you need some persuasions to donate, why not watch our evening which was captured by Shots very own Kappadeano!
https://youtu.be/PCNHnbRSnno and an excellent selection of photos from the Cards photographer David Holmes https://www.dropbox.com/sh/to9ooe2ur8p2 ... lov6a?dl=0

The event went so well we hope to setup another game next season! Thanks to all involved!

#COYS #CamberleyAudiFC

chukki eribenne

Post by chukki eribenne » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:01 am

Stupid bloody ads

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:16 pm

chukki eribenne wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:01 am
Stupid bloody ads
Ask Ripleyshots if they are bloody stupid !!!