Ricky Miller

Post Reply
Zeitgeist
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Ricky Miller

Post by Zeitgeist » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:35 pm

Available for transfer. Just tweeted happy to play for number of teams including Aldershot. Proven striker at our level. Has baggage I know but 25 goals guaranteed per season IMO.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Ricky Miller

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:47 pm

Yeah same here

redandbluescb
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Re: Ricky Miller

Post by redandbluescb » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:47 pm

Every team in our league and some from league 2 would love to sign him.
If he chooses us it would be a massive coup for the club.

Richard Petty
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: Ricky Miller

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:56 pm

A partnership with him and Scottie up front would be very interesting, would certainly increase our goal tally for next season, However apart from being way out of our price range I have just read up on what the "baggage" is that others have referred to so regardless of cost, perhaps not.
Last edited by Richard Petty on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdman
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Ricky Miller

Post by Birdman » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Doesn't he come with a bit of 'baggage' (and I don't mean excess weight)?

steveshot
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:41 pm
Re: Ricky Miller

Post by steveshot » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:59 pm

Spit it out birdie?

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Ricky Miller

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Birdman wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:58 pm
Doesn't he come with a bit of 'baggage' (and I don't mean excess weight)?
I think he does but his goals could get us in the league cup and fa cup 1st round proper from 2019!

Birdman
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Ricky Miller

Post by Birdman » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:03 pm

I know it's Wiki but here we go :- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Miller

Headley Shot
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:22 pm
Re: Ricky Miller

Post by Headley Shot » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:31 pm

I’m no expert but all the evidence is the Shots are skint (Company annual returns, 500 club, Recent GW comment.. “us pay a transfer fee, don’t make me laugh ?”, Chairman continually looking for investors, ground sharing with Chelsea reserve teams, rent the pitch, rent a function room, Volunteers needed for everything you can think of and selling 2 players on last year too)
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Club is trying to get players to pay for their pre season training if they come on trial !
Come to the Shots Ricky.... we’ve got nowt but a smile on our faces !
:lol:
Last edited by Headley Shot on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Ricky Miller

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:36 pm

Not sure about this one.
Would love his goals, but not his character.

Let’s go for someone we can all love.

Shots till i die
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:52 pm
Re: Ricky Miller

Post by Shots till i die » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:55 pm

If he puts the ball in the net that works for me.

Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes.

Melbourne Red
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Ricky Miller

Post by Melbourne Red » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:59 pm

Reckon it’s unlikely as he doesn’t really fit the profile of the kind of player GW usually targets. Reckon he’s more likely to end up at one of the ‘new money’ clubs like Ebbsfleet. If it did happen though it would almost certainly be on long-term loan a he’s got two more years of his Posh contract left - which has the bonus that any bad behaviour could see him sent back.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Ricky Miller

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:59 pm

Headley Shot wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:31 pm
I’m no expert but all the evidence is the Shots are skint (Company annual returns, 500 club, Recent GW comment.. “us pay a transfer fee, don’t make me laugh ?”, Chairman continually looking for investors, ground sharing with Chelsea reserve teams, rent the pitch, rent a function room, Volunteers needed for everything you can think of and selling 2 players on last year too)
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Club is trying to get players to pay for their pre season training if they come on trial !
Come to the Shots Ricky.... we’ve got nowt but a smile on our faces !
:lol:
Apart from that your feeling pretty good about next season Dean?

aldershot-jg
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Ricky Miller

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:26 am

The tweet Ricky Miller wrote

“Port vale , Aldershot , Dover , Lincoln I honestly don’t care I just want promotion , playoffs , Wembley trips and goals lots of them”

Curious that he’s named us, may have enquired but I doubt we can afford it.

scorp
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Ricky Miller

Post by scorp » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:02 am

aldershot-jg wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:26 am
The tweet Ricky Miller wrote

“Port vale , Aldershot , Dover , Lincoln I honestly don’t care I just want promotion , playoffs , Wembley trips and goals lots of them”

Curious that he’s named us, may have enquired but I doubt we can afford it.
i imagine Dover would want him back.


Post Reply