Mid-Season Break

Headley Shot
Re: Mid-Season Break

Post by Headley Shot » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:18 am

Of course, if there are fewer Premier League matches in that 2 week period, attendances may increase elsewhere.
Shots always benefit when the big London clubs don’t play on the same weekend.
Otherwise, I was wondering if the pitch could stand 2 matches within 1 hour of each other, then you could have a Chelsea reserve match following a Shots first team fixture (or vice versa).
This would boost all revenue streams because you’d be entertaining more people at the stadium for a longer period.
It’s what the yanks do at their sports events. People have to eat and drink, why not have 2 matches for people to enjoy ?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:17 pm

Headley Shot wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:18 am
Of course, if there are fewer Premier League matches in that 2 week period, attendances may increase elsewhere.
Otherwise, I was wondering if the pitch could stand 2 matches within 1 hour of each other, then you could have a Chelsea reserve match following a Shots first team fixture (or vice versa).
This would boost all revenue streams because you’d be entertaining more people at the stadium for a longer period.
It’s what the yanks do at their sports events. People have to eat and drink, why not have 2 matches for people to enjoy ?
Steady on, Headley, that's quite an interesting suggestion (have you been drinking?).
It would rely on 1) Chelsea agreeing to it, 2) Chelsea and their opponents agreeing to a Saturday fixture, 3) the organisation/cooperation of all four teams/clubs, match officials to a quick turnaround, 4) if we have a home fixture during that break, 5) Chelsea's gate money. I expect that there's many more things to think about and take into consideration but it's an idea worth looking at, I feel.

*With regard to item 2), a week-night double-header would finish too late.

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Little chance of it being two matches in quick succession. Dressing Rooms would need to be cleared and then cleaned before being used again. There would also be parking problems within the ground for 4 teams...coaches etc. Vehicles are not usually allowed in after a certain period for health and safety reasons so are all 4 teams going to arrive at 1pm with two teams sitting around until 5 or 6pm.
Not sure that these problems would be easy to overcome with spectators happy to sit around between matches unless there is a degree of entertainment.

anonymouse

Post by anonymouse » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:17 pm
Headley Shot wrote:
Steady on, Headley, that's quite an interesting suggestion (have you been drinking?).
It would rely on 1) Chelsea agreeing to it, 2) Chelsea and their opponents agreeing to a Saturday fixture, 3) the organisation/cooperation of all four teams/clubs, match officials to a quick turnaround, 4) if we have a home fixture during that break, 5) Chelsea's gate money. I expect that there's many more things to think about and take into consideration but it's an idea worth looking at, I feel.

Would be a nightmare to sort out, unless you came in and helped us on the saturdays between matches Barry, my thinking is we would need at least 4 hours from 1 match finishing to the next one starting.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:47 pm

anonymouse wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:18 pm
Birdman wrote:
Headley Shot wrote:

Would be a nightmare to sort out, unless you came in and helped us on the saturdays between matches Barry, my thinking is we would need at least 4 hours from 1 match finishing to the next one starting.
I don't know. I try to give Headley a bit of encouragement and praise and all you lot do is put obstacles in the way. :roll:
He'll never come up with a 'sensible' suggestion again. :wink:

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:47 pm
anonymouse wrote:
Birdman wrote:

I don't know. I try to give Headley a bit of encouragement and praise and all you lot do is put obstacles in the way. :roll:
Blimey, it’s the Queens Birthday Honours list but Birdie has given me his “royal” seal of approval ! :lol:

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:05 pm

Headley Shot wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:53 pm
Birdman wrote:
anonymouse wrote:

I don't know. I try to give Headley a bit of encouragement and praise and all you lot do is put obstacles in the way.
Blimey, it’s the Queens Birthday Honours list but Birdie has given me his “royal” seal of approval ! :lol:
Now now, Headley, don't go ott. It doesn't make us 'new best friends'. Oh no (wags finger from side to side)! Shudder the thought. :shock:

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:06 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:05 pm
Headley Shot wrote:
Birdman wrote:

I don't know. I try to give Headley a bit of encouragement and praise and all you lot do is put obstacles in the way.
Now now, Headley, don't go ott. It doesn't make us 'new best friends'. Oh no (wags finger from side to side)! Shudder the thought.
Now, now Birdie, instead of hurting my feelings :lol: why don’t you concentrate on putting some news up about some new signings ?
It would make a change from your repeated “false news” headline links publicising the Club’s Commercial efforts on Twitter etc. It’s boring, predictable and really not your job. Or is it ?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:47 pm

Headley Shot wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:06 pm
Birdman wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:05 pm
Headley Shot wrote:

Now now, Headley, don't go ott. It doesn't make us 'new best friends'. Oh no (wags finger from side to side)! Shudder the thought.
Now, now Birdie, instead of hurting my feelings :lol: why don’t you concentrate on putting some news up about some new signings ?
It would make a change from your repeated “false news” headline links publicising the Club’s Commercial efforts on Twitter etc. It’s boring, predictable and really not your job. Or is it ?
Nope, you've lost me on that one.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:30 pm

I don`t care what breaks the pampered Premier clubs take. But there may be a case for nonleague clubs to take a break as most years there are many postponements due to unplayable pitches. But what month to choose still poses a problem.

FloridaPhil

Post by FloridaPhil » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:32 am

Fuggletim wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:26 pm
Give all the poor hard worked loves a rest and let them all get a cheap holiday.

Again though, you note the FA Cup gets further devalued with the 5th round being switched to midweek and no replays!

I hate the Premier League!
I agree completely!