Gateshead to go part-time

Birdman
Gateshead to go part-time

Post by Birdman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:20 pm

hepcat
Re: Gateshead to go part-time

Post by hepcat » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 pm

What was the "Important information" that they withheld ? That they had no money ? Reminds me of Carlisle's potential buyer some years back who arrived in a beat up Cortina and didn't have the price of a full tank of petrol ….mind you; we had Spencer Threwup

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:15 pm

who knows, could be GATESCLOSED if things keep going the way they are !

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:04 am

hepcat wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 pm
What was the "Important information" that they withheld ? That they had no money ? Reminds me of Carlisle's potential buyer some years back who arrived in a beat up Cortina and didn't have the price of a full tank of petrol ….mind you; we had Spencer Threwup
One of the richest people I ever knew used to drive around in a banged up old Mondeo during the week but had a garage full of supercars that he would drive at weekends, he dressed scruffy as well and very often got taken for a fraud when attending business meetings. Never could get my head round why he did that because it never seemed to give him any advantages

scorp

Post by scorp » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:16 am

Richard Petty wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:04 am
hepcat wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 pm
One of the richest people I ever knew used to drive around in a banged up old Mondeo during the week but had a garage full of supercars that he would drive at weekends, he dressed scruffy as well and very often got taken for a fraud when attending business meetings. Never could get my head round why he did that because it never seemed to give him any advantages
The advantages probably included helping him feel relaxed and not feeling the pressure to have to conform. If he was a non conformist type ... his behaviour would conform to that type. I knew the late John George Baillie-Hamilton, 13th Earl of Haddington. He'd roll up with a roll up ciggie dropping ash on a well worn, scruffy jumper with the odd hole in it. Oddly enough, he also drove a mondeo. He was def a nonconformist type and revelled in that. He really enjoyed being like a mr nobody of the streets.