WC 2026

Post Reply
shots1965
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma usa
WC 2026

Post by shots1965 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Canada, US & Mexico to host 2026 World Cup


Just saying....

So a free entry for the above

BS

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: WC 2026

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:34 pm

This means Mexico would have held it 3 times since we held it and twice since Spain, scandalous, I don’t care what people say but I insist 90% of yanks couldn’t careless about soooocer, as for Canada, lovely country apparently!

Richard Petty
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: WC 2026

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:58 pm

Did we bid for it, if we did I cant say I have heard much about our bid

ACA
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:54 am
Re: WC 2026

Post by ACA » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:01 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:58 pm
Did we bid for it, if we did I cant say I have heard much about our bid
No, European and Asian nations were excluded from bidding as the next two World Cups are in Russia and Qatar.

Richard Petty
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: WC 2026

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Thanks ACA I didn't realise that

James E
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:56 pm
Re: WC 2026

Post by James E » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm

This may be some help to England's hopes of hosting the 2030 tournament, as the hosts then cannot come from Asia (due to Qatar 2022), nor the Americas (2026). That narrows it down to Europe, Africa and Australasia.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: WC 2026

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 pm

James E wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm
This may be some help to England's hopes of hosting the 2030 tournament, as the hosts then cannot come from Asia (due to Qatar 2022), nor the Americas (2026). That narrows it down to Europe, Africa and Australasia.
That means it will go to the footballing hotbed that is Togo!

Reach for the Stars
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:21 pm
Location: Pagham (wear the fox hat....)
Re: WC 2026

Post by Reach for the Stars » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Except....... 2030 is the WC centenary and there is every chance it will be a slam dunk for South America.....

Alderman 3
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:40 pm
Re: WC 2026

Post by Alderman 3 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:39 pm

It's about time they let Australia hold the world cup. They have hosted every other major event so why not the world cup?

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: WC 2026

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Alderman 3 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:39 pm
It's about time they let Australia hold the world cup. They have hosted every other major event so why not the world cup?
Good shout but have they enough big stadiums? Then again we’re talking 12 years from now, although on the pitch our very own England fail tournament after tournament if theirs a nation capable of holding one we’re right up there!

Pip@B
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:58 am
Location: more remote than Nobby's world
Re: WC 2026

Post by Pip@B » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Reach for the Stars wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:27 pm
Except....... 2030 is the WC centenary and there is every chance it will be a slam dunk for South America.....
With a joint bid of Argentina,Uraguay and Paraguay likely to be favourite.

scorp
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: WC 2026

Post by scorp » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:16 pm

James E wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm
This may be some help to England's hopes of hosting the 2030 tournament, as the hosts then cannot come from Asia (due to Qatar 2022), nor the Americas (2026). That narrows it down to Europe, Africa and Australasia.
I'd hazard that Morocco would be a hot choice.

Alderman 3
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:40 pm
Re: WC 2026

Post by Alderman 3 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:48 pm
Alderman 3 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:39 pm
It's about time they let Australia hold the world cup. They have hosted every other major event so why not the world cup?
Good shout but have they enough big stadiums? Then again we’re talking 12 years from now, although on the pitch our very own England fail tournament after tournament if theirs a nation capable of holding one we’re right up there!
The Aussies already have some of the best stadiums in the world, whether it be for Rugby, football, cricket or Aussie rules. The MCG has hosted over 100, 000 for cricket, football and Aussie rules.

shots1965
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma usa
Re: WC 2026

Post by shots1965 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:41 pm

WC USA 94

Worst,most boring in living memory.
We didn't even qualify, that was a relief.


Coys

Lazio
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Re: WC 2026

Post by Lazio » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:22 am

USA 2026 decent transport, accommodation and, facilities. I might even think of going.


Post Reply