Car share travel for next season.

Headley Shot
Car share travel for next season.

Post by Headley Shot » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:26 am

I’m looking to set up a car share travel scheme for any supporters living around Whitehill/Bordon/Churt/Hindhead/Grayshott/Wrecclesham/Liphook areas for next season. I’m hoping to get to the majority of games and would be happy to go with fellow fans for a split share on fuel costs and the company.
Please get in touch if you’re interested. COYS 😊

Jason
Re: Car share travel for next season.

Post by Jason » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:43 am

Good idea HS.

Perhaps a sticky thread for each game, so people can advertise car spaces/where they are travelling from so more people can travel together would be a good idea.

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:46 am

Great idea to have all cars going to matches, found in one place.
Will definitely encourage me to attend away games.

GuyB

Post by GuyB » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:47 am

Headley Shot wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:26 am
I’m looking to set up a car share travel scheme for any supporters living around Whitehill/Bordon/Churt/Hindhead/Grayshott/Wrecclesham/Liphook areas for next season. I’m hoping to get to the majority of games and would be happy to go with fellow fans for a split share on fuel costs and the company.

Hi Headley

I live in Greatham and my son and I try and get to the majority of away games. Car share sounds a very sensible idea. Happy to be included.

Guy

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:09 pm

This subject matter seems like a good idea so as suggested above, it'll become a 'Sticky' with each required game highlighted by a change in the title of the thread. Hopefully the thread won't go awry or be 'hijacked' onto another subject.

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:01 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:09 pm
This subject matter seems like a good idea so as suggested above, it'll become a 'Sticky' with each required game highlighted by a change in the title of the thread. Hopefully the thread won't go awry or be 'hijacked' onto another subject.
Thanks Birdman, much appreciated and humbly grateful Sir 😊

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:14 pm

GuyB wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:47 am
Headley Shot wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:26 am

Hi Headley

I live in Greatham and my son and I try and get to the majority of away games. Car share sounds a very sensible idea. Happy to be included.

Guy
Thanks Guy, I’m in Headley and I’m sure we should have a fair few in our immediate area able to help and share. Anyone else out there like to get involved ? COYS 😀?

BillB

Post by BillB » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:37 pm

how about adding home games as well. Quite a number of shots travel good distances to the Rec???

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:45 pm

BillB wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:37 pm
how about adding home games as well. Quite a number of shots travel good distances to the Rec???
If it helps distant or not so distant supporters get to games then go for it.

Weybourne Shot

Post by Weybourne Shot » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi Headley Shot I live in Farnham and go to about 90% of away games. I do have a few regulars but I would have space available for a few games throughout the season and would be more than willing to join such as scheme.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Headley, just so that people are aware, how are you intending to run the scheme? Is this thread going to be a sort of 'dating agency' for organisation of lifts (message put on here, 'I'm going to Barrow and I've got two seats spare') or will you be doing a chart of sorts so that should anyone require a lift then they contact you and you in turn put them in touch with individual drivers?

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:09 am

Birdman wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:17 pm
Headley, just so that people are aware, how are you intending to run the scheme? Is this thread going to be a sort of 'dating agency' for organisation of lifts (message put on here, 'I'm going to Barrow and I've got two seats spare') or will you be doing a chart of sorts so that should anyone require a lift then they contact you and you in turn put them in touch with individual drivers?
Hi Birdman, my original idea was to pool resources with other supporters, in my area, looking to travel to the same away matches. The advantages being to share fuel costs, the driving possibly and some company for the journey too.. it makes sense.
I think making it a sticky on Shotsweb and opening it up to everyone is a brilliant idea too, however running it in a centralised way would be extremely difficult for anyone to manage.
Perhaps it could work best in the way that you have suggested whereby supporters could use the sticky thread to publicise their intention to travel, either looking for a lift or offering seat availability ?
Fans could then contact each other in advance through the Shotsweb PM system and make their own individual arrangements regarding pick up points and timings.
So far example a post might read : Chesterfield away sticky thread - “Concorde Shot” travelling from Guildford area, 2 seats available, departing 2pm. PM by Sunday evening latest please.
It would then be up to individuals to swap phone numbers and make their own arrangements.
The simpler the better I think 😊

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:13 pm

I thought that was the idea behind it and I asked only for clarification purposes.