New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post Reply
Alex
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post by Alex » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:51 pm

billyboy wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:28 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:51 pm
ALEXANDER...…...McCOY
EVANS...…………...LELAN
OYELEKE...………..BOOTY
KELLERMAN...…...HOWELL
BJT...………………...WANNADIO
REYNOLDS...……...STILL TO BE REPLACED
WARD...……………..STILL TO BE REPLACED

Looks like we are on track for a very good season.
I think Ward will be replaced by a lower standard keeper, as backup to Cole. Jake is easily good enough to be most teams number one in this league.
Sorry I disagree. I think the reason GW and JR signed Ward is because they realised Jake was being found out against corners and high balls being put into his 6 yard box and under the bar. On most occasions he was too short and crowded out to be able to deal with them and I don’t see that changing.

I’m hoping we do sign a keeper of similar stature to Lewis and Cole is number 2.

Or of course, happy for Jake to prove me wrong!

billyboy
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:52 pm
Location: ALTON
Re: New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post by billyboy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Alex wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:51 pm
billyboy wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:28 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:51 pm
ALEXANDER...…...McCOY
EVANS...…………...LELAN
OYELEKE...………..BOOTY
KELLERMAN...…...HOWELL
BJT...………………...WANNADIO
REYNOLDS...……...STILL TO BE REPLACED
WARD...……………..STILL TO BE REPLACED

Looks like we are on track for a very good season.
I think Ward will be replaced by a lower standard keeper, as backup to Cole. Jake is easily good enough to be most teams number one in this league.
Sorry I disagree. I think the reason GW and JR signed Ward is because they realised Jake was being found out against corners and high balls being put into his 6 yard box and under the bar. On most occasions he was too short and crowded out to be able to deal with them and I don’t see that changing.

I’m hoping we do sign a keeper of similar stature to Lewis and Cole is number 2.

Or of course, happy for Jake to prove me wrong!
I doubt Cole would’ve signed without assurance he would be number one. Being an older player, he’s probably on higher pay so it’s also unlikely the club would’ve been wanting to pay the same wages if he was only backup.

Alex
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post by Alex » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:25 pm

We’ll see

Dave
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 12:54 pm
Re: New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post by Dave » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Alex wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:51 pm
billyboy wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:28 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:51 pm
ALEXANDER...…...McCOY
EVANS...…………...LELAN
OYELEKE...………..BOOTY
KELLERMAN...…...HOWELL
BJT...………………...WANNADIO
REYNOLDS...……...STILL TO BE REPLACED
WARD...……………..STILL TO BE REPLACED

Looks like we are on track for a very good season.
I think Ward will be replaced by a lower standard keeper, as backup to Cole. Jake is easily good enough to be most teams number one in this league.
Sorry I disagree. I think the reason GW and JR signed Ward is because they realised Jake was being found out against corners and high balls being put into his 6 yard box and under the bar. On most occasions he was too short and crowded out to be able to deal with them and I don’t see that changing.

I’m hoping we do sign a keeper of similar stature to Lewis and Cole is number 2.

Or of course, happy for Jake to prove me wrong!
You should go for Southwood. On loan at bath last season and at a similar level to Ward but could to with the step up to Aldershot level. Just signed a new deal.

Statto
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post by Statto » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:48 pm

ACA wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:55 am
Someone hold Statto back...
:o

ians
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post by ians » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:11 pm

I am informed by a Luton fan that we are taking on a young CB from them for the season called Frankie Musonda, captain of their youth team, and he speaks very highly of him!

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 1117
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:56 am

No Booty interview ?
Be interesting to know the connection and why the Premiership to the National League.

billyboy
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:52 pm
Location: ALTON
Re: New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post by billyboy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:49 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:56 am
No Booty interview ?
Be interesting to know the connection and why the Premiership to the National League.
The club will be doing one in the coming week.

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 1117
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:17 pm

billyboy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:49 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:56 am
No Booty interview ?
Be interesting to know the connection and why the Premiership to the National League.
The club will be doing one in the coming week.
Thanks Billyboy :D

scorp
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post by scorp » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:56 am
No Booty interview ?
Be interesting to know the connection and why the Premiership to the National League.
Yeah, maybe a connection, or our set up is better for bringing young players on. This gives nothing away, except to mention league one clubs... and first team experience required.

"A number of Football League clubs have shown an interest in taking Booty on loan, but National League hopefuls Aldershot have moved quickly to agree a deal for Booty as they look to build a side capable of challenging for promotion to League Two next season." Preceding that is "Huddersfield's busy summer recruitment has pushed Booty down the pecking order in Wagner's plans and the club are willing to loan him out so that he can get valuable first-team experience under his belt."

That's at http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/03/po ... an/page/1/


Headley Shot
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:22 pm
Re: New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post by Headley Shot » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:29 pm

Knowing GW, despite the chat being about another keeper, he’ll do the complete opposite and bring in a couple of strikers !

FloridaPhil
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:37 am
Re: New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post by FloridaPhil » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:29 am

billyboy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:49 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:56 am
No Booty interview ?
Be interesting to know the connection and why the Premiership to the National League.
The club will be doing one in the coming week.
Will the first question be "how did the move come about?" :)

Headley Shot
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:22 pm
Re: New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post by Headley Shot » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:44 am

I’ll be interested to see who plays on Saturday. If there are indeed only 1 or 2 triallists, surely 1 of them needs to be a striker ? Presently, I believe we only have 3 recognised strikers if you include Shamir with Scott and Matt.

billyboy
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:52 pm
Location: ALTON
Re: New signings (1st of July and all that)

Post by billyboy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:16 pm

Headley Shot wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:44 am
I’ll be interested to see who plays on Saturday. If there are indeed only 1 or 2 triallists, surely 1 of them needs to be a striker ? Presently, I believe we only have 3 recognised strikers if you include Shamir with Scott and Matt.
I hope we bring in two strikers. Holman may play Saturday if he's still training with us.


Post Reply