Shirts

vince
Shirts

Post by vince » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:28 am

Will the pre ordered new shirts be available for the Oxford game?

DH
Re: Shirts

Post by DH » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:08 pm

I rang the club on Monday as one of the shirts I ordered is a birthday present for someone.

They told me the shirts would be available in 10-14 days so I guess sometime towards the end of next week.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:10 pm

Breath not held.
Apparently they definitely will be ready in time for our away fixture v Maidstone.

chukki eribenne

Post by chukki eribenne » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:43 pm

I still don't know if I want to buy a shirt until I see one in person. The home looks ok and the away looks un-Aldershot (if that makes sense!).

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:54 pm

We have played in Yellow shirts away before Chukki.

This years shirts are really good because the dark stripe is narrow, when I first heard it was striped I remember screwing my face up thinking it would be equal sized stripes but when I saw it I loved it, its a bit like the old Datrontech shirt.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Why can’t we order the shirts in the December before, show them off in March on the pitch and then sell them on the last game of the season so that people buy them to wear over the summer and definitely in time for the first preseason game.
Just asking as it seems to make no sense to possible miss the start of the campaign.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:46 pm

I have re read through this thread and I have missed something here I don't get why there is speculation that we might not have the new shirts for the beginning of the season ? DH says he rang the club on Monday and was told 10 to 14 days which would mean that if it is the full 14 days that would be the 16th July which would is over three weeks before the first game of the season.

Maybe I am one of life's optimists but if a company as big as Addidas gives the club a delivery date I wouldn't expect them to be over three weeks late on delivery

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:50 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:46 pm
I have re read through this thread and I have missed something here I don't get why there is speculation that we might not have the new shirts for the beginning of the season ? DH says he rang the club on Monday and was told 10 to 14 days which would mean that if it is the full 14 days that would be the 16th July which would is over three weeks before the first game of the season.

Maybe I am one of life's optimists but if a company as big as Addidas gives the club a delivery date I wouldn't expect them to be over three weeks late on delivery
I suspect it won’t miss the start of the season but why not much earlier, certainly well in advance of the first friendly but even better for people’s summer holidays.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:02 pm

That's a valid view Anon E Mouse though personally I think a kit launch just before the start of the season with the shirts not being used by the players until the first game of the season is more exciting, the shirts could then go on sale at the last (or only) home pre season game so that the first league game is the fist time the fans wear them as well.

No sensible reason for that by the way just something that work for me.

Wearing a new shirt before the first game sort of feels like opening your birthday card before your birthday, no reason why you cant do it but just takes something away from the day.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:15 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:02 pm
That's a valid view Anon E Mouse though personally I think a kit launch just before the start of the season with the shirts not being used by the players until the first game of the season is more exciting, the shirts could then go on sale at the last (or only) home pre season game so that the first league game is the fist time the fans wear them as well.

No sensible reason for that by the way just something that work for me.

Wearing a new shirt before the first game sort of feels like opening your birthday card before your birthday, no reason why you cant do it but just takes something away from the day.
Fair point as usual Richard.
I of liked mine now so that I could of worn it during the World Cup but understand your view.

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:34 am

In an ideal world, fans could get the shirts when they’ve paid for them.
My guess is that possibly cash flow and a minimum order level with Adidas are the reasons why that doesn’t happen.

Redshot66

Post by Redshot66 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:17 pm

Why would grown men want to wear a football shirt anyway,kids yes but grown men!!

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:28 pm

Redshot66 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:17 pm
Why would grown men want to wear a football shirt anyway,kids yes but grown men!!
Spot on 66, Makes me laugh when i see men wearing football shirts on holiday, or while i am walking down the high St ect... Match i can understand, but please, get a life.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:30 pm

Should have read Match days !! before any of you start having ago !!!

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:49 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:28 pm
Redshot66 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:17 pm
Spot on 66, Makes me laugh when i see men wearing football shirts on holiday, or while i am walking down the high St ect... Match i can understand, but please, get a life.
Many think I post rubbish!

What a load of nonsense this is :roll:

I’m proud to wear mine when and where I like and I expect many others are too :!: