Barnet's Friendly Last Saturday

EV
Barnet's Friendly Last Saturday

Post by EV » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:07 pm

I went to Barnet Saturday to see Cheye & Callum (Captain there) play in their first friendly v WBA. Just an update, a medium sized car park now costs £6 and you have to go into the club shop to purchase a token to put in the machine that raises the barrier to leave.
One entrance/exit so when we go there will be long queues. Its not too old but looks tired already !

Most of the first team played for Albion 1st half and did very well 0-0 at HT, nice passing football, Cheye did very well against the likes of Rondon. Callum played his usual calm game. Pitch looked awful, but apparently they are going to let it grow and water it ALOT !
Darren Moore is a mountain of a man....and as WBA took most of their first teamers off for the second half they were happy to have photos taken, give autographs etc. Barnet put a load of youngsters out second half and lost 0-3.

Keiran Richardson played, he must be getting on now surely ? Baggies fan said he is trying out there.

Only 400 odd there on a boiling day. I t was an early kick off so the England game did not interfere with it.

But liked the look of a few of Barnet's team.

Warnboro of the South
Re: Barnet's Friendly Last Saturday

Post by Warnboro of the South » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Best to park outside and mind the officious stewards in the ground. Also did not like us wearing our Shots scarves in the bar. Don't you just love Edgware!

EV, Thanks for the preview.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:28 pm

EV wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:07 pm
I went to Barnet Saturday to see Cheye & Callum (Captain there) play in their first friendly v WBA. Just an update, a medium sized car park now costs £6 and you have to go into the club shop to purchase a token to put in the machine that raises the barrier to leave.
One entrance/exit so when we go there will be long queues. Its not too old but looks tired already !

Most of the first team played for Albion 1st half and did very well 0-0 at HT, nice passing football, Cheye did very well against the likes of Rondon. Callum played his usual calm game. Pitch looked awful, but apparently they are going to let it grow and water it ALOT !
Darren Moore is a mountain of a man....and as WBA took most of their first teamers off for the second half they were happy to have photos taken, give autographs etc. Barnet put a load of youngsters out second half and lost 0-3.

Keiran Richardson played, he must be getting on now surely ? Baggies fan said he is trying out there.

Only 400 odd there on a boiling day. I t was an early kick off so the England game did not interfere with it.

But liked the look of a few of Barnet's team.
Were you on the pull, EV? :wink:

BillB

Post by BillB » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:39 pm

i resolved not to go to Barnet years ago. They treat visitors like s***. Do they still have the visitors stand that folds up and fits into a suitcase????

Aldershot Gas

Post by Aldershot Gas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:41 pm

Much preferred underhill - away end had a cracking atmosphere...

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:48 pm

BillB wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:39 pm
i resolved not to go to Barnet years ago. They treat visitors like s***. Do they still have the visitors stand that folds up and fits into a suitcase????
They've moved to Edgeware, Bill :- http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leag ... arnet.html

Accurate Shot

Post by Accurate Shot » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:06 am

Their new ground is sterile personified.

greedium

Post by greedium » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:31 am

Their new ground is lifeless, I would hate to have anything like that at Aldershot.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:59 am

cheye and callum who.

slaphead

Post by slaphead » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:36 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:59 am
cheye and callum who.
What tool you are. Two players who gave everything for our club while they were here, I’ve nothing but thanks for them and best wishes from the second day of the season onwards.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:46 pm

slaphead wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:36 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
cheye and callum who.
What tool you are. Two players who gave everything for our club while they were here, I’ve nothing but thanks for them and best wishes from the second day of the season onwards.
It was tongue in cheek slaphead nice choice of words though :cry:

slaphead

Post by slaphead » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:53 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:46 pm
slaphead wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:36 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
cheye and callum who.
It was tongue in cheek slaphead nice choice of words though :cry:
It didn’t read like a tongue in cheek comment about two people who I consider friends.

BillB

Post by BillB » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:29 pm

Birdman wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:48 pm
BillB wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:39 pm
They've moved to Edgeware, Bill :- http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leag ... arnet.html
T%hanks Birdy
Ah! Been away too long me thinks...... prob still not go to Barnet thou....Now back in Uk, so hope to make a few games this season..... It'll be good to get back on the good old M25. :lol:

EV

Post by EV » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:06 am

Birdman you are a cheeky chappie ! I must agree with others in that I do not like the ground and it would be difficult to gain an atmosphere, reminds me of Fyldes ground only bigger.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:26 pm

The two big stands are ok but the stand that contains all the hospitality and offices etc is quite strange and feels as though someone started to build a stand then stopped and put up a building instead. Inside the stand the facilities are actually excellent and give the club a great opportunity to make money on non match days from venue hire etc...

But overall your right EV, something in the feel of the ground just isn't right and doestn give it an Arena feel