Now the footy's over

Post Reply
Birdman
Posts: 654
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Now the footy's over

Post by Birdman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:13 pm

We can all look forward to Wimbledon starting. :wink:

Aldershot Gas
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:32 pm
Re: Now the footy's over

Post by Aldershot Gas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:21 pm

Birdy - why do you keep deleting my posts ? - Free speech ? - it's not my fault you are so precious around your beloved Bretix Thread.....

Birdman
Posts: 654
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Now the footy's over

Post by Birdman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:26 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:21 pm
Birdy - why do you keep deleting my posts ? - Free speech ? - it's not my fault you are so precious around your beloved Bretix Thread.....
I've only deleted the one you posted on this thread due to your continual criticism and dislike of a thread that very many others find of interest.

Aldershot Gas
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:32 pm
Re: Now the footy's over

Post by Aldershot Gas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 pm

Birdman wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:26 pm
Aldershot Gas wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:21 pm
Birdy - why do you keep deleting my posts ? - Free speech ? - it's not my fault you are so precious around your beloved Bretix Thread.....
I've only deleted the one you posted on this thread due to your continual criticism and dislike of a thread that very many others find of interest.

Thank you, appreciated

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Now the footy's over

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:55 pm

People who pretend to like football can now go back to their normal lives, if you don’t like something don’t pretend, very annoying!

Richard Petty
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: Now the footy's over

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:14 pm

On the other hand I met someone the other day who had no interest at all in England doing well in the World Cup and I found myself shaking my head and feeling very sorry for him. Perhaps he has the last laugh now as he isn't feeling depressed like the rest of us.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Now the footy's over

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:14 pm
On the other hand I met someone the other day who had no interest at all in England doing well in the World Cup and I found myself shaking my head and feeling very sorry for him. Perhaps he has the last laugh now as he isn't feeling depressed like the rest of us.
I used to get annoyed with people who didn’t like football but last 10/15 years I’ve gone the other way, it’s this glory boy thing I deteste, when we got bartered at fylde in March I could tell a mile off they weren’t genuine, when England won the rugby World Cup in 03 I didn’t pretend to be a rugby lover because that’s pathetic although I was quietly happy specially beating the Aussies down under!

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Now the footy's over

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:23 pm

Battered not bartered

scorp
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Now the footy's over

Post by scorp » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:10 am

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:23 pm
Battered not bartered
Buttered battered fish is worth bartering. Just saying ... :lol:

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 1117
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Now the footy's over

Post by Anon E Mouse » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 am

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:14 pm
On the other hand I met someone the other day who had no interest at all in England doing well in the World Cup and I found myself shaking my head and feeling very sorry for him. Perhaps he has the last laugh now as he isn't feeling depressed like the rest of us.
I used to get annoyed with people who didn’t like football but last 10/15 years I’ve gone the other way, it’s this glory boy thing I deteste, when we got bartered at fylde in March I could tell a mile off they weren’t genuine, when England won the rugby World Cup in 03 I didn’t pretend to be a rugby lover because that’s pathetic although I was quietly happy specially beating the Aussies down under!
Step forward Fulham fans. Glory boys at the highest level. Less than 5,000 fans when in Div 3.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Now the footy's over

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:09 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:14 pm
On the other hand I met someone the other day who had no interest at all in England doing well in the World Cup and I found myself shaking my head and feeling very sorry for him. Perhaps he has the last laugh now as he isn't feeling depressed like the rest of us.
I used to get annoyed with people who didn’t like football but last 10/15 years I’ve gone the other way, it’s this glory boy thing I deteste, when we got bartered at fylde in March I could tell a mile off they weren’t genuine, when England won the rugby World Cup in 03 I didn’t pretend to be a rugby lover because that’s pathetic although I was quietly happy specially beating the Aussies down under!
Step forward Fulham fans. Glory boys at the highest level. Less than 5,000 fans when in Div 3.
True Mick but in the whole I think Fulham bigger than 5k, more like 10!

brian bloomfield
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:00 am
Location: Barcelona
Re: Now the footy's over

Post by brian bloomfield » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:14 pm
On the other hand I met someone the other day who had no interest at all in England doing well in the World Cup and I found myself shaking my head and feeling very sorry for him. Perhaps he has the last laugh now as he isn't feeling depressed like the rest of us.
I used to get annoyed with people who didn’t like football but last 10/15 years I’ve gone the other way, it’s this glory boy thing I deteste, when we got bartered at fylde in March I could tell a mile off they weren’t genuine, when England won the rugby World Cup in 03 I didn’t pretend to be a rugby lover because that’s pathetic although I was quietly happy specially beating the Aussies down under!
Step forward Fulham fans. Glory boys at the highest level. Less than 5,000 fans when in Div 3.
Being generous there Postie. Still shows how far a club can go with money.

Dave
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 12:54 pm
Re: Now the footy's over

Post by Dave » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:29 am

Straight back to the football for me.

Visiting the Rec this weekend for Reading vs Fulham. Not sure what sort of crowd will turn up but looking forward to it none the less.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Now the footy's over

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:59 am

brian bloomfield wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 pm


I used to get annoyed with people who didn’t like football but last 10/15 years I’ve gone the other way, it’s this glory boy thing I deteste, when we got bartered at fylde in March I could tell a mile off they weren’t genuine, when England won the rugby World Cup in 03 I didn’t pretend to be a rugby lover because that’s pathetic although I was quietly happy specially beating the Aussies down under!
Step forward Fulham fans. Glory boys at the highest level. Less than 5,000 fans when in Div 3.
Being generous there Postie. Still shows how far a club can go with money.
Alright 8k then

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 1117
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Now the footy's over

Post by Anon E Mouse » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:57 am

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:09 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 pm


I used to get annoyed with people who didn’t like football but last 10/15 years I’ve gone the other way, it’s this glory boy thing I deteste, when we got bartered at fylde in March I could tell a mile off they weren’t genuine, when England won the rugby World Cup in 03 I didn’t pretend to be a rugby lover because that’s pathetic although I was quietly happy specially beating the Aussies down under!
Step forward Fulham fans. Glory boys at the highest level. Less than 5,000 fans when in Div 3.
True Mick but in the whole I think Fulham bigger than 5k, more like 10!
https://www.11v11.com/matches/fulham-v- ... 87-141497/

We took quite a few that day as well, so near 5k DP.


Post Reply