Seating arrangements

stevieshot
Seating arrangements

Post by stevieshot » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:22 pm

How did everybody get on with the new seating arrangements.
I feel the Club didn't emphasise enough that ticket seat numbers, had to be honoured.
So when I bought my ticket at the turnstile, and found I was seated in the open in the sun, not good.
I would normally sit in the same area of the South Stand, and I have a preferred seat.
Now the only way to make sure I can sit where I want, is to pre-book, or by a Season Ticket.
I reallise I may have missed some communication from the Club, but feel our ageing fanbase dont need these issues.
Did anyone else have issues, there seemed quite a few people around me dissatisfied.

aldershot-jg
Re: Seating arrangements

Post by aldershot-jg » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:22 pm

Well on my season ticket/card it’s got my seat number on but the the actual seats don’t have anything on to say they are reserved. There were people sitting in the seats on mine and my Dad’s cards, there were seats free directly in front so sat in them instead, should have politely said something but I didn’t want to make a fuss.

But would have thought that if we had pre-assigned seats on our season tickets that the club would mark the seats as reserved.

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:32 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:22 pm
Well on my season ticket/card it’s got my seat number on but the the actual seats don’t have anything on to say they are reserved. There were people sitting in the seats on mine and my Dad’s cards, there were seats free directly in front so sat in them instead, should have politely said something but I didn’t want to make a fuss.

But would have thought that if we had pre-assigned seats on our season tickets that the club would mark the seats as reserved.
You were lucky get to get a season ticket !
Mine was nowhere to be seen !

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:18 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:

We (the volunteers) have been cleaning off all the old stickers on the seats in the South Stand and have started on the North stand but because of the amount of other work that we had to get done during the close season time ran out so we still have most of the seats in the North Stand left to do. However with the next home game not until the 14th I am confident that we will get the seat cleaning complete by then. The new stickers for this seasons "Season ticket holders" will also be ready by then and barring any unforeseen hold ups (and I cant imagine any) they will be on the seats ready for the game on the 14th. This season they will not just be small photocopier labels that peel off and fade in the sun but nice Phoenix badged roundels (similar to the ones we had some years back) which will very clearly state that the seat belongs to a season ticket holder and is reserved. These are being produced on a polyrop material and laminated to avoid peeling and fading.

Being able to pre book the seat that you would like to sit in is one of if not the biggest benefits of now being able to book online, as someone who doesn't come often enough to warrant a season ticket said to me yesterday its great not having to get here for the minute the turnstile opens just to rush to the stand to get the seat he likes and he can now go and get a drink and come back safe in the knowledge that someone hasnt come and sat in his seat while he has been gone, (he said they usually move when asked but not always and it was a pain). Reserved seating solves that.

On the matter of finding someone sat in your seat the stewards have been briefed to fully support (in a diplomatic fashion) the ticket holder for that seat if someone is sat in your seat, its your seat, you reserved it so you will be able to sit in it.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:45 pm

I was told emphatically at the Ticket Office that seating is NOT allocated under the new system unless the club declares it to be an allocated game. Tickets have seat numbers on them simply to make the barcode system work.

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:18 pm

Well that is totally confusing. If you have booked a specific seat online and find someone sitting in it, having been advised to ignore the seat number on their ticket, what happens? Either seats are allocated or they are not, the Club need to sort this out

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:18 pm
aldershot-jg wrote:

We (the volunteers) have been cleaning off all the old stickers on the seats in the South Stand and have started on the North stand but because of the amount of other work that we had to get done during the close season time ran out so we still have most of the seats in the North Stand left to do. However with the next home game not until the 14th I am confident that we will get the seat cleaning complete by then. The new stickers for this seasons "Season ticket holders" will also be ready by then and barring any unforeseen hold ups (and I cant imagine any) they will be on the seats ready for the game on the 14th. This season they will not just be small photocopier labels that peel off and fade in the sun but nice Phoenix badged roundels (similar to the ones we had some years back) which will very clearly state that the seat belongs to a season ticket holder and is reserved. These are being produced on a polyrop material and laminated to avoid peeling and fading.

Being able to pre book the seat that you would like to sit in is one of if not the biggest benefits of now being able to book online, as someone who doesn't come often enough to warrant a season ticket said to me yesterday its great not having to get here for the minute the turnstile opens just to rush to the stand to get the seat he likes and he can now go and get a drink and come back safe in the knowledge that someone hasnt come and sat in his seat while he has been gone, (he said they usually move when asked but not always and it was a pain). Reserved seating solves that.

On the matter of finding someone sat in your seat the stewards have been briefed to fully support (in a diplomatic fashion) the ticket holder for that seat if someone is sat in your seat, its your seat, you reserved it so you will be able to sit in it.
Thanks for the info Richard.

RC-Moderator
Site Admin

Post by RC-Moderator » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:25 pm

I stand to be corrected - but I believe the system is fully allocated seating.

In the survey conducted at the end of the last season that was overwhelmingly favoured as a system.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:33 pm

DaveC wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:18 pm
Well that is totally confusing. If you have booked a specific seat online and find someone sitting in it, having been advised to ignore the seat number on their ticket, what happens? Either seats are allocated or they are not, the Club need to sort this out
If you booked cinema tickets online and found there were people in your seat you'd expect them to move. Had yesterday been even busier, if I had mentioned to the person yesterday that they were in my seat I'd have expected them to move. If the online system let's you pick an exact seat then I'd expect the club to honour it, especially if you were trying to get a number of seats together.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:39 pm

I went into the ticket office to pick up the free ticket for my 8 year old and was told to get mine at the turnstile. I queried this and was told seating is not allocated and Bob Green confirmed this. If we had gone with the ticket numbering, my lad would have been 6 rows behind me and in a different block.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:45 pm

Just had a look at the booking system on the website and I see that it doesn't actually show you a seating map of any kind, system gives you a seat number and an option to look for a better seat but that tends to move you one seat across.

RC-Moderator
Site Admin

Post by RC-Moderator » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:00 pm

I have taken unusual step of asking the club to clarify the allocated/unallocated conflicting advice.

Meanwhile Richard's advice in the other thread should lead you to a seat map that looks like this:

You must have clicked on "Best available seat".

Don't do that click on "Choose your seat" you will then get the stadium overview map come up, click on the Green box for the stand that you want to sit in and that will take you to the seat map. The seats are then colour coded by price/area, the ones that are blanked out white are sold either for that game or to season ticket holders, the ones still in colour are available. Choose the seat you like click on it and it will then go into your basket and at that stage is reserved so no one else can buy it. Choose another next to it if you want or go straight to complete the purchase if that's the only one you want.

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:06 pm

That clarified it RC for online purchasers.

But I fear that the original poster (stevieshot) remains with a problem.
He gets to the ground, buys a ticket for the stand of his choice at, say 2pm, goes to the stand, sits in his preferred seat (that is not stickered for season ticket holder).
Then say at 2.30 he gets moved on by the person that purchased that numbered seat online.
For the system to work fully , he needs to only be sold a ticket for a seat that hasnt already been sold online.

(................I think)

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:16 am

I may only be a volunteer now days but as my posts giving information on the online ticketing have probably suggested I have assisted the club with some of the work that was needed on what has been a big project for the club so I can give a definitive and 100% confirmed answer to the question of allocated seating.

Yes the seating is allocated. Whether the ticket you purchase is bought online or at a turnstile on the day the seat number on your ticket is your seat for the game and if someone decides to sit in the seat you have purchased then you should ask them to move, if they don't move then a quiet word with a steward will get them moved.

Chimster Your experience sounds like a perfect example of first day teething problems, it is correct that your 8yr old son gets his ticket from the ticket office but you should also have been sold your ticket in the ticket office to ensure that you were both sat together. I will bring this up when I am at the club in the morning once our normal cleaning up and bin emptying is done.

Mick Earls Fan Club, No seat can be sold twice so if you are sold a seat on the turnstile that will be a seat that has not been sold online, Online sales switch off prior to the turnstiles opening so that the unsold tickets can then be printed off for sale on the turnstiles.

South Stand Blue

Post by South Stand Blue » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:39 am

Richard, thanks for confirming this. I spoke to a couple of people on Saturday who had problems but a lot more thought the new system was good. Thanks for all your efforts.