Seating arrangements

Mick Earls Fan Club
Re: Seating arrangements

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:10 am

Cheers Richard.

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:11 am

Ok, so would it be possible to choose your seat at the turnstile, rather than have one allocated to you.
I'm sure when people know the seat they prefer, they would rather ask for it.

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:26 am

stevieshot wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:11 am
Ok, so would it be possible to choose your seat at the turnstile, rather than have one allocated to you.
Not really practical to have the turnstile operator searching for a specific ticket with a queue behind you all wanting to get into the ground. What if someone else had already purchased that ticket online? If a specific seat is required then surely it is best to apply for it beforehand. Saves you and the club time.

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:00 am

Localshot wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:26 am
stevieshot wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:11 am
Not really practical to have the turnstile operator searching for a specific ticket with a queue behind you all wanting to get into the ground. What if someone else had already purchased that ticket online? If a specific seat is required then surely it is best to apply for it beforehand. Saves you and the club time.
I understand the problems, and it's ok for me to book online. But there are others who I have spoken to, who can't do the I internet. And with our ageing fan base, this could amount to quite a few

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:41 am

Thread is getting a bit circular.

Steve Shot - read the response from Richard Petty, I think its got the answer

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:11 pm

Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:41 am

I dont think Richard answers the problem of people who don't do Technology or the internet.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:55 pm

stevieshot wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:11 pm

I dont think Richard answers the problem of people who don't do Technology or the internet.
Your right stevieshot although its getting a lot rarer these days there are still some people who are not Internet savvy. Although not perhaps ideal for them if they are local then they could pop into the ticket office during the week and pre purchase their seats in person, that way they can choose what seat they want as if they were doing it online.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:57 pm

Is this new pre seated / online option the reason why the tickets have gone up?

£20 to see the boys now - hmm

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:58 pm

Up £1 in 4 years

Scandalous!

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:09 pm

Ok, so I am unable to make every game so buying a Season Ticket is not cost effective for me. As such I pay on the day and take a seat in the North Stand as I have done for some 37 x yeas now. I didn't make Saturdays game due to other commitments, so whatI end up in one of those "Restricted" view seats behind the dugouts?

Quite a few will know how I feel about having potentially the best seats in the house obstructed, so will the club offer a discount and or partial refund for the restricted view then?

I am not happy to pay £20 for that!

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:58 pm
Up £1 in 4 years

Scandalous!
Some would say over priced in the first place.....I think £15 is a fair price for non league entertainment.

Just my opinion.

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:55 pm
stevieshot wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:11 pm

Your right stevieshot although its getting a lot rarer these days there are still some people who are not Internet savvy. Although not perhaps ideal for them if they are local then they could pop into the ticket office during the week and pre purchase their seats in person, that way they can choose what seat they want as if they were doing it online.
Understand that Richard, unfortunately the gentleman I spoke to travels down from Great Yarmouth, but I suppose he could phone to book his seat. A steward was advising us to go and complain about our allocated seats, which one guy did.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:50 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:58 pm
Up £1 in 4 years

Scandalous!
Didn't we have £17 terrace and £19 seating in our last season on the FL? I remember posting a comment (there I go again, Mr Mouse) on our return to The Conference that I was surprised that we didn't put the tickets down to £15/£17 respectively. If I'm correct then that's six years (hope I've got me dates right).

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Fuggletim wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:09 pm
Ok, so I am unable to make every game so buying a Season Ticket is not cost effective for me. As such I pay on the day and take a seat in the North Stand as I have done for some 37 x yeas now. I didn't make Saturdays game due to other commitments, so whatI end up in one of those "Restricted" view seats behind the dugouts?

Quite a few will know how I feel about having potentially the best seats in the house obstructed, so will the club offer a discount and or partial refund for the restricted view then?

I am not happy to pay £20 for that!
Paying on the day doesn't vary the choice of where in the stadium you sit it just means that you wont be able to reserve a specific seat number. You can only buy a ticket for the "Behind the dugout" seats if you specifically ask for that area. Oh and the price is actually £18 for those seats not £20. So when you get to the turnstile just ask for the North Stand as usual telling them which end you want East or West and you will be given a seat in that section.

Got to ask though, as you are posting on here you are obviously Internet Savvy so why not book online on the Friday evening when you know if you can make it or not then you can choose your perfect seat.

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:21 pm

Thanks Richard. So at least the restricted view seems acknowledged by the club. It is a shame as they are potentially the best seats in the house as they always were.

I could book on line, but some rather bad previous experience with identity theft makes me very unwilling to do so.