Seating arrangements

chimpster99
Re: Seating arrangements

Post by chimpster99 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:20 pm

I saw no fans survey on this, and based on last Saturday any messaging about allocated hasnt hit home with most of us. The U11s ticketing is a mess, do we go online or use the season tickets we have to collect on a Tuesday???? Sorry but I see no need or benefit for allocated seating unless a big crowd is envisaged.

willberto

Post by willberto » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:45 pm

I'm happy to give the allocated seating a go.

I think the club may just need to make it clearer that if you buy a seating ticket at the turnstile, the seats will be allocated to you and you will not be able to chose your seat row/numbers.

Although having read through the posts on the message board I now understand this, the below comment made at "https://www.theshots.co.uk/terrace-tickets-online/" states:

"Supporters who wish to purchase tickets for specific seat numbers should use our online stadium seating plan to select their preferred options, as only unreserved seating tickets are available at the turnstiles."

The club have tried to explain the situation but the use of the word "unreserved" seating means you could read that as "if I buy my seat at the turnstile I can sit anywhere within the stand that doesn't have a reserved sticker on it."

Would it be also worth making a couple of announcements over the tannoy before the next couple of home games and at half time, just to remind supporters of:
a) the allocated season
b) that the online ticketing options are now available.
Just while supporters get used to the changes. This hopefully would cover some of those supporters who don't go on social media, the website or the message board. Apologies if I missed any announcements made at the Barnet game.

Thanks

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Well put willberto.

I honestly don’t think the club has grasped that this is a massive and fundamental change to the customer experience (I’m using jargon so hopefully our CEO will understand). They are changing a system that has effectively been in place since 1926 apart from a few dozen all ticket games.

Personally I’m not a fan. When a Stand is only half full I’d rather choose my own seat according to weather conditions, staying away from the nutters and to suit who is joining us for the game. With all due respect to my fellow fans, I’d rather not be forced to sit in the rain next to a random fruitcake on a cold January evening unless it’s absolutely necessary...

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:24 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:14 pm
Well put willberto.

I honestly don’t think the club has grasped that this is a massive and fundamental change to the customer experience (I’m using jargon so hopefully our CEO will understand). They are changing a system that has effectively been in place since 1926 apart from a few dozen all ticket games.

Personally I’m not a fan. When a Stand is only half full I’d rather choose my own seat according to weather conditions, staying away from the nutters and to suit who is joining us for the game. With all due respect to my fellow fans, I’d rather not be forced to sit in the rain next to a random fruitcake on a cold January evening unless it’s absolutely necessary...
Oh ..., ok ..., I'll move then ........ :cry: :(

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:39 pm

[quote=Birdman post_id=558320 time=1533939851 user_id=133]
[quote=chimpster99 post_id=558319 time=1533939275 user_id=995]
Well put willberto.

Personally I’m not a fan. When a Stand is only half full I’d rather choose my own seat according to weather conditions, staying away from the nutters and to suit who is joining us for the game. With all due respect to my fellow fans, [b]I’d rather not be forced to sit in the rain next to a random fruitcake on a cold January evening unless it’s absolutely necessary.[/b]..
[/quote]

Oh ..., ok ..., I'll move then ........ :cry:
[/quote]

:lol: :lol:
You obviously don’t sit in My part of the North Stand!!!

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:25 am

willberto wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:45 pm
I'm happy to give the allocated seating a go.

I think the club may just need to make it clearer that if you buy a seating ticket at the turnstile, the seats will be allocated to you and you will not be able to chose your seat row/numbers.

Although having read through the posts on the message board I now understand this, the below comment made at "https://www.theshots.co.uk/terrace-tickets-online/" states:

"Supporters who wish to purchase tickets for specific seat numbers should use our online stadium seating plan to select their preferred options, as only unreserved seating tickets are available at the turnstiles."

The club have tried to explain the situation but the use of the word "unreserved" seating means you could read that as "if I buy my seat at the turnstile I can sit anywhere within the stand that doesn't have a reserved sticker on it."

Would it be also worth making a couple of announcements over the tannoy before the next couple of home games and at half time, just to remind supporters of:
a) the allocated season
b) that the online ticketing options are now available.
Just while supporters get used to the changes. This hopefully would cover some of those supporters who don't go on social media, the website or the message board. Apologies if I missed any announcements made at the Barnet game.

Thanks
Some good points there willberto.

The use of the word "Unreserved" makes sense to someone who understands the system but your right it could be misleading to someone who doesn't understand it, I will make someone at the club aware of that to see if maybe a re wording could be effected.

Anouncements over the Tannoy whilst a good idea would need to be very brief or it may lack effect for two reasons. Firstly our speakers are not that good so many people would not hear it properly and secondly unless the announcement is something people want to hear they do tend to switch off and not concentrate on it. However maybe another option might be a small flyer given to everyone as they come through the turnstile that summerises the key points of how it all works.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:36 am

In a previous thread I answered questions regarding the labelling of seats for season ticket holders and explained we (the volunteers) were cleaning all the old stickers off and that new much clearer stickers were on order which we would have on the seats by the Dagenham game.

I am delighted to confirm that the team all worked together on it today and that all the seats that have been purchased by season ticket holders now have a new and very visible sticker in the centre of the seat back.

We are confident that every season ticket holders seat now has the new sticker but in the unlikely event that somehow your seat or someone you know their seat got missed out please let me know by either sending me a PM on here or by emailing the club at admin@theshots.co.uk and put the subject line SEASON HOLDER STICKER and the club will pass the details on to myself or one the other volunteers if I am not around and we will get the sticker on for you straight away.

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:17 am

Well done Richard and the other volunteer's, I know there were a couple of disputes re. people sitting in reserved seats and being reluctant to move, luckily the season ticket holders sat in seats behind where they usually sit. Not something I would do.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:34 am

chimpster99 wrote:
Well put willberto.

Am I missing something?
If the stand is half full, can't you sit in any of the empty seats once the game has started?
Given the rec has almost as many seats as an average home crowd I can't see where the problem is?

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:52 am

If a survey was done about Supporter preference, then I was never asked. Funny thing with surveys that; I find almost invariably some kind of survey I have never heard of, let alone taken part in has seemed to support the exact opposite of what I would prefer.

Perhaps I am just unlucky, eh?

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:58 am

Wokingham Shot wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:34 am
chimpster99 wrote:
Well put willberto.

Am I missing something?
If the stand is half full, can't you sit in any of the empty seats once the game has started?
Given the rec has almost as many seats as an average home crowd I can't see where the problem is?
The reality is that of course people will do that Wokingham Shot and as long as by changing seat once the game has started your prepared to move again if it turns out someone has already purchased that seat and turns up late then no one is going to get worked up over it, it is the Rec not the Emirates.

Personally I cant stand not knowing in advance where I am sitting when I go somewhere, anything that requires taking pot luck tends to be something I avoid. I know this wont work for everyone as peoples circumstances are all different but I always book for things in advance and book early enough so that if seats are involved I reserve the best seat (or seats) that I can.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:07 am

Fuggletim wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:52 am
If a survey was done about Supporter preference, then I was never asked. Funny thing with surveys that; I find almost invariably some kind of survey I have never heard of, let alone taken part in has seemed to support the exact opposite of what I would prefer.

Perhaps I am just unlucky, eh?
It was carried out quite a while ago last season by the trust and the results were then I believe presented to the board with the trust pushing for some of the more requested things (like online ticketing) raised by fans to be acted upon if possible. I don't know the numbers involved in responding but I heard it was quite high. I am a trust member so I received my survey by email, however I am fairly sure that there was a link to the survey on the club website and there certainly was on here.

Funnily enough one of the benefits of purchasing your tickets online is that you can register for an account which then provides the club with your email address and you will get more opportunities to respond to surveys and thereby have more influence in the present and future activities of the club.

RC-Moderator
Site Admin
Seating arrangements

Post by RC-Moderator » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Survey was held via post and email with all season ticket holders and trust members as a minimum. Others on the database may have got it.

Response was from nearly 500 people i believe.

It was very much a joint effort from club and trust to get a view on both seating allocation, internet availability, phones v printing, use of credit cards, etc....

Whether the communications have been spot on is up for debate. But in defence of Laura and the club they ABSOLUTELY understand the massive change involved here.

I sat in early meetings and the change in mindset was the main talking point; and achieving change in a way that did not alienate people.

Has the execution been word perfect. No of course not......but as Richard highlighted earlier mistakes are being made and learnings noted. We are one game in !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:23 pm

With all due respect as a ST holder you are unlikely to be affected and NOT everyone is a Trust member, so it is difficult to get a take on whether a true cross section of support was canvassed.

Seems to me that a significant proportion who may be affected have been left in the dark about these changes right from the proposal stage to implementation.

We are not a Premier League club where demand outstrips seating etc. I rarely get annoyed by the club I have supported for 39 x years, but I am sorry, but I think this whole affair has been badly handled.

5shots

Post by 5shots » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:46 pm

The new system is clearly not at all popular, no-one asked for it, the only people asked in the survey were season ticket holders to whom it wouldn't apply anyway, it leads to confusion, it may lead to trouble on occasions and it has probably cost the club money. Which idiot came up with the idea - it worked perfectly well before.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Scrap it now please before more people are annoyed and stay away.