Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

TracoShot
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 pm
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by TracoShot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:44 pm

Alex wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:28 pm
Unfortunately there’s a small group of idiots following our great club home and away at the moment.
Alex....can you clarify what behaviour have you seen at the home games to back up this statement ?

Curious because I've seen nothing.

chimpster99
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am
Location: Alton
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by chimpster99 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:11 pm

[quote=dalinz post_id=562423 time=1536932978 user_id=4506]
[quote=chimpster99 post_id=562418 time=1536929615 user_id=995]
There was a group of idiot youths behind the goal at H&W who spent the whole game handing out abuse and then headed out into the local streets after the final whistle looking for some action. These lads are probably the source of the issues. Seen no problems at home games.
[/quote]

The use of the word probably suggests you have no proof.
Making accusations without it makes things worse and makes you look like a trouble maker...
[/quote]

The club haven’t specified any examples of who it is, but the fact remains we have a band of numpties following the club and they were very much evident at H&W. You seem very defensive on the topic Mr D, why is that ... are you a trouble maker? :wink:

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Bit of bad language that’s all, been going on for years and will continue to do so, more things to be concerned with in this sick world like these individuals and small groups trying to blow London up!

aldershot-jg
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by aldershot-jg » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:59 pm

Alex wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:28 pm
Unfortunately there’s a small group of idiots following our great club home and away at the moment.
A few on Social Media saying the club has gone soft.

Could also be aimed at the North Stand moaners, some supporters have often told them to shut their mouths, the odd argument is something most don’t want to be listening too while trying to enjoy the game.
Last edited by aldershot-jg on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TracoShot
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 pm
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by TracoShot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:02 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:32 pm
Bit of bad language that’s all, been going on for years and will continue to do so, more things to be concerned with in this sick world like these individuals and small groups trying to blow London up!
Totally agree Postie......I'm really at a loss to see what the issue has been at home. Didn't go to H&W so can't comment on that but anyone who went to football in the 80's and 90's will have seen and heard far far worse. Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill and I have to say I'm disappointed that the club has come out with this re the support at home.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:14 pm

People old enough need to remember the late 70’s and early 80’s at places like West Ham, Leeds, Tottenham, Chelsea and of course the wall, now that was proper bad behaviour!

TracoShot
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 pm
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by TracoShot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:20 pm

From a shots perspective Cardiff, Wolves, Swindon, Bristol Coty and Reading all at home will take some beating.

Having read the statement again it makes specific reference to 'anti social and criminal' behaviour. I must be going around with my eyes shut when at home games. Whilst 'anti social' is open to interpretation can someone please tell me what 'criminal' behaviour they have seen at the home games ?

Wanderer
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:45 pm
Location: Godalming
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:25 pm

There is a group of about 10 who go to away games and deliberately use bad language in an attempt to shock people, they were the ones involved at Solihull and I'm pretty certain they were also the group involved at Ebbsfleet. It is not only in the ground but also at the railway stations and on the trains.
The people in denial on here are probably them or friends of them.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by Disturbed Postie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:27 pm

Cardiff really went to town, graffiti everywhere, Friday night before the game they had some fun, Bournemouth bit naughty as well in 84 after league cup tie!

TracoShot
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 pm
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by TracoShot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:33 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:25 pm
There is a group of about 10 who go to away games and deliberately use bad language in an attempt to shock people, they were the ones involved at Solihull and I'm pretty certain they were also the group involved at Ebbsfleet. It is not only in the ground but also at the railway stations and on the trains.
The people in denial on here are probably them or friends of them.
Whose in denial ? What criminal behaviour has happened at home games ?

And no I'm not one of or friends of the 'group of about 10'.

The club has made a serious statement about 'criminal bebaviour'. As a father who takes his son and daughter to the games I want to know what this is as I don't want to expose them to 'criminal behaviour' and if it is taking place at the home games I will ensure they stay away until it (whatever it is) is sorted.

TracoShot
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 pm
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by TracoShot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:35 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:27 pm
Cardiff really went to town, graffiti everywhere, Friday night before the game they had some fun, Bournemouth bit naughty as well in 84 after league cup tie!
From memory Cardiff broke into the ground overnight and left bricks around the game to use. I remember a few of them coming into the North Stand and East Bank.

chimpster99
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am
Location: Alton
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by chimpster99 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:47 pm

The statement doesn’t specify whether criminal behaviour has occurred at home or away games, based on what I’ve seen it’s been away from the Rec. There’s no way the club and trust would issue a statement like this without some sort of evidence yet some here very keen to spread doubt ... WHY??

Kidderminster Shots
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:44 pm
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by Kidderminster Shots » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:23 am

The 'nothing to see here' dinosaurs are plodding about again. You didn't see it so it doesn't exist... Exactly the same as the 'worlds nicest policeman' outrage from last season and the 'what racism?' at Ebbsfleet. Just squeeze them as tightly as you can and it'll all go away.... You are probably right, nobody cared about in your day. Quite rightly they do today.

Anyone who's been to an away game in the last 12 months knows there's something in this. If not then you are blind, either actually or selectively so. That or not very socially aware. Every club has them. Every club. I guess we're trying to discourage ours by calling them out. It won't do much I doubt but we are a club conscious of its community feel and responsibilities. Good on them for trying to uphold it

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:39 am

Kidderminster Shots wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:23 am
The 'nothing to see here' dinosaurs are plodding about again. You didn't see it so it doesn't exist... Exactly the same as the 'worlds nicest policeman' outrage from last season and the 'what racism?' at Ebbsfleet. Just squeeze them as tightly as you can and it'll all go away.... You are probably right, nobody cared about in your day. Quite rightly they do today.

Anyone who's been to an away game in the last 12 months knows there's something in this. If not then you are blind, either actually or selectively so. That or not very socially aware. Every club has them. Every club. I guess we're trying to discourage ours by calling them out. It won't do much I doubt but we are a club conscious of its community feel and responsibilities. Good on them for trying to uphold it
Blimey, you’d think we’re Millwall from 1978 the way some carry on, it’s excited silly youngsters using bad language that’s all, if you here them using Angola Saxon language just give em a quick noody tap and they’ll soon stop, move on for Christ sake!

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:40 am

Noddy even


Post Reply