Re: Match day Survey

Post by Shots1954 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:15 pm
Brooklands Shot wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:31 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:27 pm

True but at the end of the day if customers dont think the food is value for money they will go bust anyway.
However, currently coffee establishments are leading the hospitality sector in growth. So I guess customers are willing to pay over the odds for a hot drink.
Caffeine is an addiction. It’s also seemingly a bit of an odd badge of honour to drink in some of those high st coffee places.
I suppose the difference is that they are normally a bit better quality.
I don’t drink the stuff. Bad for your nervous system but love going in occasionally for the Mrs and asking them for a cup of coffee, getting them to read out all the options and then saying ‘I’ll have a coffee thanks’. It’s up there with asking how much things are in the pound shop. Simple pleasures.
Then they should offer Caffeine free drinks like most places today as that's all I can drink.

GWRBA

Post by GWRBA » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Also submitted mine with lots of 'extras'.

I hope somebody at the Club went to Kidderminster before they got relegated to see how they do catering. Ours is so far below standard by comparison. People will vote with their feet if it's not good enough, but the club are missing out on £££ by not sorting out what clearly is an issue for lots of fans. Hopefully this survey is the start of better marketing and genuine listening from the club - long overdue.

CH

Post by CH » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:18 pm

Who honestly is going to press "underpriced" or "very underpriced" to these questions.

£5 a pint = very overpriced
£4 a pint = overpriced
£3 a pint = reasonable
£2 a pint = very reasonable... But underpriced? Who's gunna put that....?

Brooklands Shot

Post by Brooklands Shot » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:37 pm

£1.80 a pint in Taunton bowls club. Went up from £1.70. There was uproar

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:41 pm

CH wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:18 pm
Who honestly is going to press "underpriced" or "very underpriced" to these questions.

£5 a pint = very overpriced
£4 a pint = overpriced
£3 a pint = reasonable
£2 a pint = very reasonable... But underpriced? Who's gunna put that....?
I think I paid £4 for a bottle (yes a bottle) of hogs back tea in the JML last time I went there. You buy them in the supermarket for about £1.80. Decent price would be about £2.50. Never again. Prices driving people back to the local pubs where some keep their beer a lot better.
Best deal is the hogs back tea in the East Bank Bar. Just needs more shelter or a roof.

Brooklands Shot

Post by Brooklands Shot » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Supermarkets buy cheaper and sell in greater quantities hence their margins can be lower than a football club that might sell a hundred every fortnight. Bet you can't get HB Tea for less than £4 in many pubs in the area

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:51 pm

[quote=HarryTom post_id=564568 time=1539177519 user_id=8908]
[quote=chimpster99 post_id=564565 time=1539174826 user_id=995]
Excellent survey. Doesn't matter whether or not results are published so long as the club is heeding the responses.
[/quote]

The only way to know if the club are heeding the responses, is if we DO know the result's. No point do the survey otherwise .
[/quote]

Really? I think the only way we’d know is if the matchday experienced improved. We don’t need to know everything about the inner workings of the club, unless you’re a major shareholder or employee of course. Leave people to do their jobs, I’m sure the club will review the results thoroughly and improvements will be made if they are affordable and sustainable.

James Frazer

Post by James Frazer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:08 pm

You might well get a bottle of Hogs Back Tea for £1.80 in the supermarket. Sometimes even £1.50. However, go the brewery shop and they charge £24.70 for a pack of 12. Start to factor in the transportation costs, staff costs, need to make me a profit, etc & then see what you get.
I appreciate that everyone needs to watch their pennies these days, but I suspect that many of those who gripe about the price of everything have very little actual experience of trying to run a business and keep it “in the black”.

ACA

Post by ACA » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:09 pm

I recently completely a survey about a job Autoglass did for me. Needless to say I won't be writing any emails to their head office demanding to know the results of their survey and what changes (if any) they intend to make. It's an information-gathering exercise, nothing more... exactly like this survey.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:58 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:51 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:18 pm
chimpster99 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:33 pm
Excellent survey. Doesn't matter whether or not results are published so long as the club is heeding the responses.

The only way to know if the club are heeding the responses, is if we DO know the result's. No point do the survey otherwise .
Really? I think the only way we’d know is if the matchday experienced improved. We don’t need to know everything about the inner workings of the club, unless you’re a major shareholder or employee of course. Leave people to do their jobs, I’m sure the club will review the results thoroughly and improvements will be made if they are affordable and sustainable.
Get Real, Nobody is asking about the inner workings of the club, I am sure a lot of people would like to know the outcome and what response if any is forthcoming from the club. Keep the supporters in the loop, Makes perfect sense to me.

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Mentioned it before, so probably going round in circles here, but the quality of the food the Rec is mediocre and overpriced at best. Made my point in the survey!

Also mentioned the point about the dugouts. Still can't believe that the club seems happy to lose 60+ of the best seats in the stadium for the cost of sinking in the dugouts. Yes, I have heard the stories about water pipes etc below, but it is possible to do I am sure.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:45 pm

Brooklands Shot wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:45 pm
Supermarkets buy cheaper and sell in greater quantities hence their margins can be lower than a football club that might sell a hundred every fortnight. Bet you can't get HB Tea for less than £4 in many pubs in the area
Markups Margins whatever. £4 for a bottled beer is outrageous and i’ll only and did only, pay it once.

The club are trying to attract custom. If that doesn’t change they have lost mine.
Unless they advertise a change I will never know.

I’ll leave it to the CEO or whoever makes the decisions to decide if they want to change that.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:46 pm

James Frazer wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:08 pm
You might well get a bottle of Hogs Back Tea for £1.80 in the supermarket. Sometimes even £1.50. However, go the brewery shop and they charge £24.70 for a pack of 12. Start to factor in the transportation costs, staff costs, need to make me a profit, etc & then see what you get.
I appreciate that everyone needs to watch their pennies these days, but I suspect that many of those who gripe about the price of everything have very little actual experience of trying to run a business and keep it “in the black”.
You have no business if you price yourself out especially if others are charging less for a superior product.

supershots

Post by supershots » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:14 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:46 pm
James Frazer wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:08 pm
You have no business if you price yourself out especially if others are charging less for a superior product.
Football did that years ago, it's a business on the brink of failure. I want to see what happens when TV says it won't pay so much

DonnyDarko2012

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:09 am

Fuggletim wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:44 pm
Mentioned it before, so probably going round in circles here, but the quality of the food the Rec is mediocre and overpriced at best. Made my point in the survey!

Also mentioned the point about the dugouts. Still can't believe that the club seems happy to lose 60+ of the best seats in the stadium for the cost of sinking in the dugouts. Yes, I have heard the stories about water pipes etc below, but it is possible to do I am sure.
They don't care, that's why!